• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're a 9D, you'll be hearing from me?

TTS, yes. Most of my footwear is 8.5D Barrie and 8.5E most other lasts. I do have the unlined BB in 9D as well as the Leffot 10th anny cooney. Both will likely be made available.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TTS, yes. Most of my footwear is 8.5D Barrie and 8.5E most other lasts. I do have the unlined BB in 9D as well as the Leffot 10th anny cooney. Both will likely be made available.

thats exactly my size! I’ll be in the look out!

I’m particularly interested in tassel loafers, LHSs, and chukkas

Cruzin56

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat and have been thinking about this for months. Very few pairs that I don't like alot but I don't know when/if I'm ever going back to the office. When I do, it will certainly not be even close to 5 days a week. And I'm likely only a couple years from retirement. All of that has me contemplating a similar mass liquidation. Some young folks just getting into this game are going to have some really nice pieces become available at very reasonable prices.

To each their own. I have a good collection of shoes and go to the office a few days a week. Generally speaking, I’m not seeking to sell off any of my shoes with the hopes of wearing them throughout my retirement. My thought is that once I’m retired, I’d have more time to enjoy them and would wear a good variety of shoes (e.g. a different pair a day) vs a few. I have about 10 years before I retire so all this can change but that’s my current thinking.

This is also one reason I wear my beaters to work. When I say beaters, of course I’m referring to my AEs :p

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To each their own. I have a good collection of shoes and go to the office a few days a week. Generally speaking, I’m not seeking to sell off any of my shoes with the hopes of wearing them throughout my retirement. My thought is that once I’m retired, I’d have more time to enjoy them and would wear a good variety of shoes (e.g. a different pair a day) vs a few. I have about 10 years before I retire so all this can change but that’s my current thinking.

This is also one reason I wear my beaters to work. When I say beaters, of course I’m referring to my AEs :p

Yeah, whenever I read someone (and I put myself in this category) refer to AE's as beaters I can't help but to think 'damn, life is good'. I hear ya but with me I am in shorts a significant part of time that I am not ITO. Combine that with the fact that I like my shells with signs of wear. Kind of hard to get there in my situation. I will certainly enjoy my footwear in retirement, just need far less of them. But like you said, to each his own.

So as not to muck up the thread anymore, here's my last post on this before actually listing. By my count, to reach my goal, I need to move roughly 20 pairs of footwear (honestly, I thought it was worse than that, so that's encouraging). Here's the plan. My rack holds 16 pair of footwear with space reserved for 3 additional pairs....

20210919_023136.jpg

Given that I can only store boots on the top shelf and floor, I am limiting myself to 7 pairs of boots (my goodness, how hard can that be). This leaves room for 12 pairs of shoes/chukka's (not counting sneakers). Here's what I currently have not on the rack but stored in 2 closets.........

20210922_090520.jpg

20211004_065702.jpg

When you factor in my one preorder, that leaves me at around 20. With the exception of the 10 eye Vibergs and likely the Ravello Wings, everything will be available at the right price. I'll likely group like items together and remove items based on what sells first. So for instance, I have 3 pairs of wingtip boots, ravello on Barrie, brown shell lindricks, and C8's on Plaza. The ravellos will be priced the highest and the C8 the lowest. Once 2 sale, I'll remove the 3rd.

It's been a great ride but it's time. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, whenever I read someone (and I put myself in this category) refer to AE's as beaters I can't help but to think 'damn, life is good'. I hear ya but with me I am in shorts a significant part of time that I am not ITO. Combine that with the fact that I like my shells with signs of wear. Kind of hard to get there in my situation. I will certainly enjoy my footwear in retirement, just need far less of them. But like you said, to each his own.

So as not to muck up the thread anymore, here's my last post on this before actually listing. By my count, to reach my goal, I need to move roughly 20 pairs of footwear (honestly, I thought it was worse than that, so that's encouraging). Here's the plan. My rack holds 16 pair of footwear with space reserved for 3 additional pairs....

View attachment 1679660

Given that I can only store boots on the top shelf and floor, I am limiting myself to 7 pairs of boots (my goodness, how hard can that be). This leaves room for 12 pairs of shoes/chukka's (not counting sneakers). Here's what I currently have not on the rack but stored in 2 closets.........

View attachment 1679661

View attachment 1679662

When you factor in my one preorder, that leaves me at around 20. With the exception of the 10 eye Vibergs and likely the Ravello Wings, everything will be available at the right price. I'll likely group like items together and remove items based on what sells first. So for instance, I have 3 pairs of wingtip boots, ravello on Barrie, brown shell lindricks, and C8's on Plaza. The ravellos will be priced the highest and the C8 the lowest. Once 2 sale, I'll remove the 3rd.

Thinking of similar strategy to sell mine. I need to move a similar number to reach my "goal weight". I think I may start with loafers this week.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score

View attachment 1679660

View attachment 1679661

View attachment 1679662

Are those whiskey chukkas in the back of the first closet pic? If so….I’m interested. The color 8 chukkas I got from you years ago have been my favorite shells I’ve owned.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those whiskey chukkas in the back of the first closet pic? If so….I’m interested. The color 8 chukkas I got from you years ago have been my favorite shells I’ve owned.

Wow, that's some serious vision you got there my-man. Just sent an IM.

icasio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alpine Grain / Barrie Last / Double Leather Sole / 360 Pre-Stitched Reverse Welt

7.5D

$320 includes box / bags / shipping CONUS.
$300 includes box / bags / shipping CONUS.

*I bought these used (maybe here, can't recall) and then sent them to Alden to be restored for the $189 fee. Since then I've worn these only a few times.

Note the stains on the right toe box. It's very subtle but there. Just want to make that known. Other than, solid boots all around.

B40A2703.jpeg

B40A2705.jpeg

B40A2706.jpeg

B40A2707.jpeg

B40A2711.jpeg

B40A2712.jpeg

B40A2713.jpeg

B40A2714.jpeg

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar NST bluchers
8.5D / Barrie last
Worn 2-3 times

These are factory seconds from the shoe mart. I honestly can not say why they are seconds as I have found no major flaws. Shoes only, no box or trees.

$625 shipped in the USA

7B11E318-1762-4AE6-ACD7-6BE588044395.jpeg
FF9F7CC1-9576-4A38-9F69-B91D5937AF9C.jpeg
D84F5493-6B4F-4D90-8985-DE5F44A90F74.jpeg
A7354595-17B5-4DF6-9041-E1FF5485602D.jpeg
40D6A0B1-ED1C-4575-B949-061C54EB93A4.jpeg

Olof69

Reaction score
Looking for J.Crew plain toe snuff suede Michigan boot size 11

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  1. TSM Ravello Splits - 9D - Aberdeen - $800
  2. C&J Unlined Whiskey Loafers - 9D - 314 - $450
  3. AE Brown Shell Strands - 9D - (Original owner but no box) - $325
  4. Citishoes Splits - 8.5D Barrie (my only transaction with who is now known as stylebyblain) - $425
Other than AE's, all shoes will ship in original box. Aldens will include Alden-branded shoe trees. Respectfully not accepting offers right now but will certainly offer discounts if multiple pairs purchased.

20211004_Batch1.jpg
20211004_Batch1Soles.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics