• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

jszair

Reaction score
Bought from forum member earlier this year
Catch and release (prefer newly acquired pair of black 401 more)

Indy black suede in 9D
new in box
Goodyear welt (sleeker look than 401/405 with storm welt)

shamelessly reusing original seller’s pictures… boots sat in the box in the past few months, so basically in same condition

$400 net to me

still available. feel free to make offer or propose trade.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. The price ‘gut check‘ is much appreciated! if I can’t sell them to turn the cash into modified shoes, I’ll just bite the bullet and add to my collection until I can find a good home for them!

I figure on the 11.5B it’ll have to be an add to run through Moulded shoe given my anomalous shaped feet. Unfortunately none of the styles I’m keen on are near a new production run. Patience is a virtue I’m still developing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You are welcome. I am still stewing on your shoe but I have a lot of irons in the fire. I wish I could unload my plain cap toe and trade for yours :)

Understood about that! Luckily on Modified I am a D width, so I am able to pick up stuff much easier.

It will be worth it when they land, though!

I’ve had some luck with Modified seconds at TSM in 13C.

Thanks, I'll have to check them more often! Would love to get some seconds at a discount.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in trading some snuff suede LHS for my Color 8 LHS in size 10D? Here is an album with pics of mine.

20210728_154212.jpg

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in trading some snuff suede LHS for my Color 8 LHS in size 10D? Here is an album with pics of mine.

View attachment 1645615

**** you wear a size 10 on the van last!? Do you use inserts or tongue pads? That heel is a way too loose for me. I don’t mean to appear intrusive, but I’m only surprised since we’re pretty similar in sizing.

my shell LHS are in 9.5D and even went down another .5 for my suede LHS.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** you wear a size 10 on the van last!? Do you use inserts or tongue pads? That heel is a way too loose for me. I don’t mean to appear intrusive, but I’m only surprised since we’re pretty similar in sizing.

my shell LHS are in 9.5D and even went down another .5 for my suede LHS.
Yeah, could barely get my foot in a 9.5D. 10D is a good fit, not the best but good nonetheless

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, could barely get my foot in a 9.5D. 10D is a good fit, not the best but good nonetheless
You and I are pretty close in sizing. I really want a LHS, but I have no idea what size to get. I'm going to get fitted soon by Sean at Dashing Chicago.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You and I are pretty close in sizing. I really want a LHS, but I have no idea what size to get. I'm going to get fitted soon by Sean at Dashing Chicago.
I'm glad I got fitted honestly. Based on most recommendations I would have gotten a 9.5D and been sorely disappointed

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I got fitted honestly. Based on most recommendations I would have gotten a 9.5D and been sorely disappointed
I was going to try 9.5 based on recommendations, but it seems like sizing is really all over the place. I have a low instep so I figured better to be safe than sorry.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to try 9.5 based on recommendations, but it seems like sizing is really all over the place. I have a low instep so I figured better to be safe than sorry.
Yeah, based just on that one piece of info 9.5 is probably a good place to start

schweezly

Reaction score

I didn’t know Sean opened his own store. Oddly I was thinking about my visits to Leffot and seeing him recently. I guess I’ll have to make a trip in there!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is that place like an actual store then?

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn’t know Sean opened his own store. Oddly I was thinking about my visits to Leffot and seeing him recently. I guess I’ll have to make a trip in there!
So is that place like an actual store then?
Yup, he has opened in the former Leffot location.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads