• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

Beaulieu724

Reaction score
Selling two pairs of lightly worn color 8 shell Aldens (one from Madison, the other from SF shop).

I'm relatively new to the GYW world so I apologize if I'm missing key info or do a faux pas.

I bought them in Dec 2019 & early 2020 just before lockdowns, so they've only been worn a few months at most. Always shoe treed and never repeatedly worn. Sadly, being barefoot with WFH and training for my first marathon has caused my feet to widen, and even lengthen somewhat. I tried these on after a year (they were boxed up) and they're painfully tight now. I'm looking to sell these and go up a size and width, and try the modified last to help with my now-splayed-running toes but still narrow heel.

CONUS. Shoe bags and box included, but not trees.
11.5 C Aberdeen Medallion captoe. Asking $400 Shipped OBO
11 C Barrie PCT Boot (has a dark spot on the right left toe) Asking $450 Shipped OBO
View attachment 1637924 View attachment 1637925 View attachment 1637926 View attachment 1637927 View attachment 1637928 View attachment 1637929 View attachment 1637930 View attachment 1637931 View attachment 1637933 View attachment 1637934 View attachment 1637935 View attachment 1637936 View attachment 1637938 View attachment 1637939 View attachment 1637940
Price drop $50 off each pair

11.5 C Aberdeen Medallion captoe. Asking $400 $350 Shipped OBO
11 C Barrie PCT Boot Asking $450 $400 Shipped OBO

Is my price off here or are narrow footed friends really that uncommon?

after visiting moulded shoe in NYC, I found out I am an 11.5 B and love the modified last… an even less common shoe and size?‍♂️

marinemustang

Reaction score
Guys are putting some great pieces out for sale but none are my size. Anyone comes across a 9D let me know. Maybe I missed your post. Thanks!
Chris

djbanor

Reaction score
New to Alden, would these be too small if I typically take US12?
Most likely. What's your Brannock? My Brannock size is 11D and these are about half a size too big for me, even after wearing thick socks.

adrs1157

Reaction score
Still for sale!

7.5D Black Shell LWB
$425 USD. Price is negotiable so please reach out with offers.

See original post below for pictures.

Hello,

For sale is a lightly worn pair of black shell cordovan LWBs.
- Alden 9751
- Longwing Blucher in Black Shell Cordovan
- Size 7.5D
- Barrie last
- 360 degree pre-stitched reverse welt
- 5 blind eyelets
- Double leather outsoles
- Very light wear, see pics!

Price: $425 USD shipped to USA and Canada
Ships from Toronto, Canada

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Thanks.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price drop $50 off each pair

11.5 C Aberdeen Medallion captoe. Asking $400 $350 Shipped OBO
11 C Barrie PCT Boot Asking $450 $400 Shipped OBO

Is my price off here or are narrow footed friends really that uncommon?

after visiting moulded shoe in NYC, I found out I am an 11.5 B and love the modified last… an even less common shoe and size?‍♂️

Moulded Shoe is amazing and I too love the Modified last. It'll be like finding hen's teeth to get an 11.5B Modified used.

There aren't many of us in narrow width on the dress lasts. I can think of only a handful and most are 11-13 in narrow sizes.

I would take that Aberdeen off your hands (love that makeup), but I have a captoe similar to it that I wish I could unload and swap for yours. Funds are tight right now, but I don't think you're off on prices at all. I can't even unload my D width pairs.... Been slow around here for us larger footed brethren

Reactions: AHS

Beaulieu724

Reaction score
Moulded Shoe is amazing and I too love the Modified last. It'll be like finding hen's teeth to get an 11.5B Modified used.

There aren't many of us in narrow width on the dress lasts. I can think of only a handful and most are 11-13 in narrow sizes.

I would take that Aberdeen off your hands (love that makeup), but I have a captoe similar to it that I wish I could unload and swap for yours. Funds are tight right now, but I don't think you're off on prices at all. I can't even unload my D width pairs.... Been slow around here for us larger footed brethren
Thank you. The price ‘gut check‘ is much appreciated! if I can’t sell them to turn the cash into modified shoes, I’ll just bite the bullet and add to my collection until I can find a good home for them!

I figure on the 11.5B it’ll have to be an add to run through Moulded shoe given my anomalous shaped feet. Unfortunately none of the styles I’m keen on are near a new production run. Patience is a virtue I’m still developing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

barutanseijin

Reaction score

I’ve had some luck with Modified seconds at TSM in 13C.

phillyforager

Reaction score
Alden x Brick & Mortar
Color 8 Shell Cordovan
Wholecuts
10.5D Plaza
Price: $275

I just had metal toe taps installed on these - they have been worn a handful of times.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

SOLD

Last edited:

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden x Engineered Garments
Black Shell Cordovan
Split Toe Derby
9.5D 379X Last
Commando Soles
Price: $890

Brand new never worn.
Nepenthes released D widths Alden starting with this shoe. I did not know at the time of purchase because the color 8 and black chromexcel were in E widths. Never trusting their SA again.

More pictures here:

PXL_20210724_225057346.jpg
PXL_20210724_225112595.jpg PXL_20210724_225121503.jpg

denimondenimondenim

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’m shooting my shot, looking for rare shell shoes with open lacing. I’d be interested in rare shell indys as well. I’d prefer lighter shades (not cigar) but I’ve also heard beggars can’t be choosers.

For reference, I’m 7D in barrie and van.

Thanks for your time.

moondog-sparky

Reaction score
not to be a Debbie - Downer, but I’ve been at this game almost 12 years and can’t recall a single posting of rare shell in size 7…. That’s my size and I check here daily. I’ve been fortunate to snag some rares from a few retailers (Kathy & Joe @ AoDC!!). It will take major patience these days to get hold of an exotic…

denimondenimondenim

Reaction score
not to be a Debbie - Downer, but I’ve been at this game almost 12 years and can’t recall a single posting of rare shell in size 7…. That’s my size and I check here daily. I’ve been fortunate to snag some rares from a few retailers (Kathy & Joe @ AoDC!!). It will take major patience these days to get hold of an exotic…

thanks for your response. i’ve been lurking and posting for about a year and have similarly noticed the rarity of rare shell size 7s.

I reached out to a bunch of a retailers and im on a list or two. I did pass on a closed lace whiskey make up from leffot a couple months back and I’m feeling that maybe it was a grave mistake to not at least just see how it fit into the collection.

It looks like us small doods can spend an exorbitant amount of money buying on japanese resell sites, since our size seems to be more common on there, but i don’t know if that’s the path i want to take.

Anyways, thanks again and I’ll check out Alden of DC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads