• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

AP15

Reaction score
WTB
1. Color 8 NST shoes on aberdeen (2210) 8.5D
2. Color 8 full strap loafer (684) 8E

Feel free to DM me:)

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling these 9D Aberdeen plain toe loafers freshly returned from recraft, $350 net to me shipped domestically. Includes box, bags, and trees.. Respectfully not entertaining offers at this point. See Ebay listing for additional pic's and info.........

View attachment 1625356 View attachment 1625357 View attachment 1625358 View attachment 1625359 View attachment 1625360 View attachment 1625361
Also have these 8.5D Barrie Bougue saddles relisted on the Bay .......

View attachment 1625363 View attachment 1625364 View attachment 1625365 View attachment 1625366

Will entertain reasonable offers for these.

Guys,

Tagging on to my own post with an update on these two listing. I am including a brown horween shell wallet if BIN is used on ebay and sweetening the offer a little here. Ill include the wallet with the loafers for $450 net to me. For $400 net with the Saddles. Both includes domestic shipping.

20210618_084804.jpg
20210618_084753.jpg
20210618_084747.jpg

DO831 9D Ravello Medallion Barrie Boot Double Leather Waterlock soles. Please keep in mind there was an up charge for the design specifications. Would rather them go to a SF member than Bayer.. Obvious they are special run boots..
View attachment 1625608 View attachment 1625609

Allow me a little rant as I just don't get this. I get that C4 is all the rage, and understandably so, it's a beautiful shade of shell. But Ravello is so stunning and versatile and to my knowledge, the only shade horween does that is only available to Alden. And from my experience, it comes in waves and this one will pass. Once it does, it will be so very difficult to acquire. I have anguished over these knowing full well that they are 1/2 size too large for me. I have brought from Chip in the past and he is a great guy to do business with. Someone save me from myself and buy these. In a year or so you will look back on it as one of the smartest things you did.

Last edited:

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Allow me a little rant as I just don't get this. I get that C4 is all the rage, and understandably so, it's a beautiful shade of shell. But Ravello is so stunning and versatile and to my knowledge, the only shade horween does that is only available to Alden. And from my experience, it comes in waves and this one will pass. Once it does, it will be so very difficult to acquire. I have anguished over these knowing full well that they are 1/2 size too large for me. I have brought from Chip in the past and he is a great guy to do business with. Someone save me from myself and buy these. In a year or so you will look back on it as one of the smartest things you did.

Oh I want these more than you can imagine and they're my size. I'm literally agonizing here about it. But I don't know if its the right move to spend the money as I've just had emergency vet bills last week and this week. If my cat looks stronger by later today I think I'll send an offer, but by all means I fully believed these had been sold within minutes of Chip listing them here since like you said, this is an insane opportunity!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I want these more than you can imagine and they're my size. I'm literally agonizing here about it. But I don't know if its the right move to spend the money as I've just had emergency vet bills last week and this week. If my cat looks stronger by later today I think I'll send an offer, but by all means I fully believed these had been sold within minutes of Chip listing them here since like you said, this is an insane opportunity!

As a dog-lover and owner of an older one who recently had congestive heart failure, I completely understand the vet bills. We have insurance and it's still hitting us pretty hard. Good luck with your cat and I hope you are able to work it out. These aren't just Ravello, they are an absolute classic and the rare make that be worn easily with suits and denim. Damn, why can't these be an 8.5D. There are never any 8.5D's available in this thread ?.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your cat, but hop off the Viberg train for a bit and score these?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a dog-lover and owner of an older one who recently had congestive heart failure, I completely understand the vet bills. We have insurance and it's still hitting us pretty hard. Good luck with your cat and I hope you are able to work it out. These aren't just Ravello, they are an absolute classic and rare make that be worn easily with suits and denim. Damn, why can't these be an 8.5D. There are never any 8.5D's available in this thread ?.
Thanks, I really hope she pulls through too. I lost her brother last Friday and I don't think I can handle if she goes to join him. She started eating again which is a good sign!

The boots are absolutely incredible and I'd be the king of my tiny office in them!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I really hope she pulls through too. I lost her brother last Friday and I don't think I can handle if she goes to join him. She started eating again which is a good sign!

The boots are absolutely incredible and I'd be the king of my tiny office in them!

I still remember about 3 months ago fighting back tears as I my took mine to the vet, convinced he was going to tell me it was time. I attempted to apologize to the technician by indicating that 'I may get a bit emotional'. I couldn't even complete the sentence before the tears started streaming down my face. But she was ready. Handed me a box of tissues like she was pulling a gun out of a holster.

If you don't own pets, you simply don't get it. As such, I never try to explain it. Good luck my-man. Trust me, I get it!

Last edited:

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden Restoration Ravello Chukka. Barrie Last 10D. $400 + shipping.

Alden x AoM Mister G, blue suede Plaza Last NST boot 10D. &300 + shipping.

Father’s Day Special! Shoot me a message on eBay, will include bags and trees for SF members.

Last edited:

marinemustang

Reaction score

I'd divert to the pet. Shoes/boots will come and go but the quality time with your favorite pet may not be repeated. Lost a few in my time so I know the distress. Hang in there partner!

johnnymiz

Reaction score
If those were E instead of D they would be gone already.
I love them.

BUT, as to your cat... i know the feeling.
2 years ago my 10 year old dog had "stomach flip".
Never heard of it.
Vet said 0% survival chance without full on operation and only 50% with it.
He was old... only a few years left anyway.
Shoulda named him Corolla, because i couldve bought a brand spankin new one with the coin i plunked down that day on an iffy proposition on an old dog.
Hes 12 now, a little wobbly, doesnt see well, only hears what he wants to, and gets in my easy chair 2 seconds after i get up.
Best money i ever spent.
We all like shoes here... but shoes will never be family.
Focus on the cat

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
If those were E instead of D they would be gone already.
I love them.

BUT, as to your cat... i know the feeling.
2 years ago my 10 year old dog had "stomach flip".
Never heard of it.
Vet said 0% survival chance without full on operation and only 50% with it.
He was old... only a few years left anyway.
Shoulda named him Corolla, because i couldve bought a brand spankin new one with the coin i plunked down that day on an iffy proposition on an old dog.
Hes 12 now, a little wobbly, doesnt see well, only hears what he wants to, and gets in my easy chair 2 seconds after i get up.
Best money i ever spent.
We all like shoes here... but shoes will never be family.
Focus on the cat

I lost my previous dog to the same issue. He was 13 at the time. Large breed dog already suffering from bad knees. We chose door #2 given his general state of health and his ability to continue on without suffering. Very, very tough call but I think it was the right call (every situation is different).

As for your Corolla comment... when my current dog (now 8) was about 12 weeks old my kid dropped some raisins on the floor that he ate. Raisins are a big no-no for dogs and it's in the category of foods where they don't seem to know the precise threshold for toxicity. Naturally, this happened on a Sunday and so into the emergency Vet he went. $1500 later he was no worse for the wear.

[side note: in this first weeks of puppy ownership, I'd astutely analyzed the premiums and coverages for pet insurance and concluded that self insuring was the most fiscally sound decision. The $1700 vet bill in week #2 (?) of puppy ownership caused me to reconsider this decision. So I began researching pet insurance...]

Several uneventful weeks passed and inertia took hold regarding pet insurance. After all, I know about dogs, right? Tempting fate, my wife purchased what appeared to be a truly glorious cinnamon raisin bread. It was loaded with raisins. You can probably see where this is going already. Yep, somehow the dog got the loaf off the counter and inhaled a good 1/3 of the loaf. Must'a been ~50 raisins. Thinking back to the conversation with the ER Vet I recalled him explaining that we don't really know if even 6-8 raisins could be a problem. Maybe the threshold is 10-15, he guessed? And here my puppy just sucked down about 50. Phhuuuuukkkkkkkk.... back to the ER vet we went... slammed with another $1700 vet bill.

So as any logical person would do at this point I immediately purchased pet insurance. Best decision of my life! I've not made a single claim in 8 years.

Thanks for indulging the OT - hopefully a bit of a laugh at my expense (literally) for a Friday afternoon.

Last edited:

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leffot City Blucher
Unworn
9D / Barrie
Unlined Snuff Suede
Box and bag included
$400 shipped in the USA

C871C1EE-9407-429E-9738-9954478673B0.jpeg
465E3049-569A-487F-A22E-6DA7E2D8F3B7.jpeg
0136A07E-8FA5-408E-8B4F-6BA652C05AD2.jpeg
6DEEB75E-F954-461A-B216-0B5889EFFFC4.jpeg
E8CEAE58-2FD5-4033-BDBD-EDE2DCD28044.jpeg

Reactions: AHS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads