• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Humus Suede V Tip
9.5D / Leydon Last
Worn Twice
Box and Bags included
$300 shipped
Worn Twice

1DB7DEB5-950C-4072-8046-71376B570C0F.jpeg
841F39E1-9633-4FCC-8304-A7FA8031FB83.jpeg
696872B2-9ED2-4403-AE1D-FC13B8D56FA0.jpeg
67DC93EF-CEDD-4FE8-A4C7-DBB445FFEFB4.jpeg
54F28ACC-6414-4FFE-AB35-1DE0E4E584CC.jpeg

Mojolikescocoa

Reaction score

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's some crazy creasing for only tried on once

Shrug. Some shells crease more than others. I've owned a lot of Aldens, and have pairs I‘ve worn more than a dozen times and they look virtually uncreased. With this one, I tried the pair on, walked around for about five minutes inside (entirely on carpet) to try them on, and then put them back in the box. FWIW, I find the pairs that crease more easily to be softer and that they become more comfortable, more quickly. Appreciate your input though.

stev11

Reaction score
Alden Cordovan #8
Model : cap toe 5666y
Size 7,5 B/D
Modified Last
with a Alden Box (not original one)
Screenshot_20210519-112114.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210519-112138.png
    Screenshot_20210519-112138.png
    544.3 KB · Views: 25

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For your consideration:

Alden x The Shoe Mart - Black Shell Cordovan Plain toe boots - Barrie last 10D - Commando Soles - 270 storm welt

I've worn these boots no more than 5 times, each with very light wear. You can see the pictures of the commando soles showing very little wear.

Always stored with shoe trees.

Ships with the original Alden Box and shoe bags.

Full retail $825

Asking $550 shipped in the CON US
Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 9.11.16 AM.png
IMG_8934.jpg
IMG_8933.jpg
IMG_8932.jpg
IMG_8931.jpg
IMG_8930.jpg
IMG_8929.jpg

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's some crazy creasing for only tried on once

First of all, shell doesn't crease. It rolls. You can deer bone out (or back of a spoon) most rolls in shell if you are willing to put in the work. Others find the rolls attractive and want them to develop. To each his own. These are my size and but for some major financial obligations in my immediate future, I would not hesitate to buy them.

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not hesitate to buy them.
what is the market price for a pair of these rare shell make-up? one needs to know the price before he decides to hesitate or not.

Most rare shell sellers here seems unwilling to reveal the asking price in the posts. What's the point in that?

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is the market price for a pair of these rare shell make-up? one needs to know the price before he decides to hesitate or not.

Most rare shell sellers here seems unwilling to reveal the asking price in the posts. What's the point in that?

I would imagine that its probably priced above MSRP and their worried about catching flack for that...

Mr.Chest

Reaction score

Seems like $900 - $1400, I think they are attempting to get the best offer. I was considering posting my whiskey pcts and seeing what offers rolled in

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Send me a PM and we can talk about pricing if you're actually interested.

I would imagine that its probably priced above MSRP and their worried about catching flack for that...

Seems like $900 - $1400, I think they are attempting to get the best offer. I was considering posting my whiskey pcts and seeing what offers rolled in

Not worried about catching flak but rather trying to see who on here is interested and give people the opportunity to buy since they are rare shell. If I wanted the best offer I'd put them on eBay and allow overseas bidding (which I don't). I also am willing to accept a lower price when the buyer is someone I've dealt with before or someone that I know will enjoy and wear the shoes (rather than reselling them once more), so I don't find that including a price here is all that beneficial to getting them sold, particularly as I am in no rush to sell.

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Send me a PM and we can talk about pricing if you're actually interested.

I'm perfectly fine if ppl sell their rare shell and make some extra bucks, as the buyers actually skipped the queue by paying extra. Just curious why sellers are shy to tag the price.

Not worried about catching flak but rather trying to see who on here is interested and give people the opportunity to buy since they are rare shell. If I wanted the best offer I'd put them on eBay and allow overseas bidding (which I don't). I also am willing to accept a lower price when the buyer is someone I've dealt with before or someone that I know will enjoy and wear the shoes (rather than reselling them once more), so I don't find that including a price here is all that beneficial to getting them sold, particularly as I am in no rush to sell.

I still don't see how including a price prevents a sale or deny people the chance to enjoy rare shell.

Don't care this "I make money from selling rare shell but I remain faithful to the rare shell god" nonsense, this is a B/S/T thread, so tag a price.

"see who is interested", "give ppl opportunity", "not in a rush to sell", sounds like kids with a new Xbox claiming superiority in class.

Imagine that guys in your size refrain from pointing this out. Meh, not my size so I don't care.

P.S. that is indeed some serious crease (I know shells don't crease so save me the lecture) for trying on 5min indoor as @Mojolikescocoa have pointed out.

These are my size and but for some major financial obligations in my immediate future, I would not hesitate to buy them.
no worries, seller is not in a rush to sell LOL.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm perfectly fine if ppl sell their rare shell and make some extra bucks, as the buyers actually skipped the queue by paying extra. Just curious why sellers are shy to tag the price.

If people bought it with honest intentions of keeping the shoe and then for one reason or another decided to sell, I don't have a problem with them capitalizing on the scarcity v. demand and charging a premium

What I do have a problem with is when people buy shoes they have no intention of keeping just to sell for a profit, thereby making it tougher for someone who actually wants to own and wear the shoes of the opportunity to do so.

Not saying that was the case here at all, just registering where I personally draw the line between a 'fair market price' and 'flipping.'

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads