• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar LHSes today..
image.jpg

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@audog If I put a pair of shoes on the kitchen counter, my whole collection would be for sale, shortly after my wife murdered me.

I was thinking of putting a note in my will saying take my clothes and shoes (match up numbers in shoe to numbers on boxes) and ship them to LuxeSwap. We have a no shoes on in the house rule. I can't imagine allowing shoes on the counter.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was thinking of putting a note in my will saying take my clothes and shoes (match up numbers in shoe to numbers on boxes) and ship them to LuxeSwap. We have a no shoes on in the house rule. I can't imagine allowing shoes on the counter.
I am under Podiatrist orders that I WILL wear shoes unless in shower or sleeping. So we have shoes in the house, of course with two golden retrievers, grandkids in the house, who cares. I vacuum 2x times a day, and with all hard surfaces, run a steam cleaner once or twice a week. So boots/shoes on the counter are just a "normal" thing around here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is
Is that the best play you think? I need to update my will too and am trying to think of the best way to handle the shoe situation

HTX

Reaction score
Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am under Podiatrist orders that I WILL wear shoes unless in shower or sleeping. So we have shoes in the house, of course with two golden retrievers, grandkids in the house, who cares. I vacuum 2x times a day, and with all hard surfaces, run a steam cleaner once or twice a week. So boots/shoes on the counter are just a "normal" thing around here.

We have beagle, but my wife makes me wipe his feet with a wet paper towel to clean off the surface dirt after I walk him. We can effectively keep the floors clean for 3-4 days at a time. If we didn't have dog, I think we could go a couple weeks.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We have beagle, but my wife makes me wipe his feet with a wet paper towel to clean off the surface dirt after I walk him. We can effectively keep the floors clean for 3-4 days at a time. If we didn't have dog, I think we could go a couple weeks.
Our Goldens drag in dirt, we live with it. The path they take is covered with a runner rug, which we replace every 6 months or so, still vacuum 2x a day. We purposefully have only hard surfaces (either tile or hardwood) as it can be cleaned easily and regularly. Dogs (and grandkids) are messy, but it's a small price to pay for the joy they bring.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should take a picture of shoes just covering counter and stovetop and table. They are just shoes and surfaces clean.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I should take a picture of shoes just covering counter and stovetop and table. They are just shoes and surfaces clean.

I can't imagine all the things that touch the bottom of my shoes each day, often embedded, walking in an urban enviroment. As such, no shoes make it past the entryway. We have "outside" shoes which never get worn in the apartment and "inside" shoes (i.e. slippers, flip flops, inside only driving mocs) that never leave the apartment.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't imagine all the things that touch the bottom of my shoes each day, often embedded, walking in an urban enviroment. As such, no shoes make it past the entryway. We have "outside" shoes which never get worn in the apartment and "inside" shoes (i.e. slippers, flip flops, inside only driving mocs) that never leave the apartment.
Everyone has their routine. Have a very good friend who is a physician from HK, he provides guests with slippers at his house, brings his own when he visits my house.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone has their routine. Have a very good friend who is a physician from HK, he provides guests with slippers at his house, brings his own when he visits my house.

Our daughters' piano teacher is Japanese. She would wear the most precarious heels walking outside, but upon entering our house, she would remove them and put on Japanese house slippers. She carried a bag specifically for her heels, not too different than the shoe bags that come with Aldens. She hasn't come to our house in about a year due to the pandemic.

Around the house, I wear smartwool socks when it's cold out and no-show cotton sport socks in the warmer months. My wife wears uggs shearling slippers year round (probably the best gift I ever got her). My daughters go barefoot. Seems we all have different foot temperatures in my household.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our daughters' piano teacher is Japanese. She would wear the most precarious heels walking outside, but upon entering our house, she would remove them and put on Japanese house slippers. She carried a bag specifically for her heels, not too different than the shoe bags that come with Aldens. She hasn't come to our house in about a year due to the pandemic.

Around the house, I wear smartwool socks when it's cold out and no-show cotton sport socks in the warmer months. My wife wears uggs shearling slippers year round (probably the best gift I ever got her). My daughters go barefoot. Seems we all have different foot temperatures in my household.
Shoes here, due to "medical" necessity, but otherwise socks or felt slippers. It doesn't matter, wear what you like, like what you wear is my mantra.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads