• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

Unsubscr1ber

Reaction score
Speaking of size 11s, I'd be interested in trading some NIB J.Crew PCT shell cordovan No. 8 boots (39628H) in size 10D and 12D (two pairs, not one shoe in each size!) for something similar but different in my actual size – an 11D (most shoes) or 10.5D (Barrie). A long shot, perhaps. Open to a straight sale, if there's any interest in that.

Incidentally, J.Crew and Alden advised that J.Crew has not reordered these, at this point, and there's no restock planned (and, therefore, I won't be able to exchange them for larger and smaller sizes anytime soon).

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of size 11s, I'd be interested in trading some NIB J.Crew PCT shell cordovan No. 8 boots (39628H) in size 10D and 12D (two pairs, not one shoe in each size!) for something similar but different in my actual size – an 11D (most shoes) or 10.5D (Barrie). A long shot, perhaps. Open to a straight sale, if there's any interest in that.

Incidentally, J.Crew and Alden advised that J.Crew has not reordered these, at this point, and there's no restock planned (and, therefore, I won't be able to exchange them for larger and smaller sizes anytime soon).

Beautiful boots, too bad they are not....wait for it......8.5D's.

Hei0625

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling New Alden Cigar NST, Size 8E, asking $1150.

Attachments

• 0B4C1E4E-F42E-48A0-8912-317B33AA3EAC.jpeg
    0B4C1E4E-F42E-48A0-8912-317B33AA3EAC.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 08D10A88-2212-4132-867B-AEF30D342B63.jpeg
    08D10A88-2212-4132-867B-AEF30D342B63.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 42

Unsubscr1ber

Reaction score
Imgur? WTF

I find it simple to use, it allows me to label each image, I like the interface when linked (specifically, how it allows a viewer to scroll through the images), and it doesn’t give me the “file type” error I often get when I attempt to upload images here. Also, it creates a single album and link I can use in multiple places. I’ve seen it used around here in various threads. But if it disturbs or is a violation of terms, I’ll gladly stop.

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ the images don’t show well on iPhones or iPads.. that’s the point.. computeri probably shows fine.. some of us don’t use computers anymore as we are retired. Good luck posting images people cannot view..

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ the images don’t show well on iPhones or iPads.. that’s the point.. computeri probably shows fine.. some of us don’t use computers anymore as we are retired. Good luck posting images people cannot view..

They show just fine on both my iPad and my iPhone. I'm pretty sure it's only you and maybe audog who have issues with them

Unsubscr1ber

Reaction score
Those of us who aren't retired have been known to use mobile devices, too. This is the first time I'm hearing of this issue. I (almost exclusively) post and browse on my iPhone – and Reddit users rely on Imgur for posting images. In fact, often when I attempt to browse images here that are uploaded to SF, particularly when scrolling through the thread image galleries on my phone, the images are cut off or don't download properly. I thought Imgur was an elegant and efficient solution. I seem to have inadvertently stepped in something, though…

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely you jest.. must be our phones and pads.. really? Enjoy your photos

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics