• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

emptym

Reaction score
Scamming's definitely rare here. But it does suck when it happens. Here's an old thread, in case anyone wants to read a bit about some scammers:

oskrusa

Reaction score
Another word of caution is ship to CONFIRMED address if one wants seller protection. Once sold item via PayPal G&S, buyer happens to be not at his regular address, package was stolen off his porch. No insurance from postal office and pp just reverse the funds to buyer. Double check the PayPal email.

You can avoid that with signature confirmation, it is just $4 to $6 extra from USPS or FedEx and you can ensure that someone will sign the package at the destination upon receipt. I always do it that way and never had a problem, except one pair that was sent back to me after 3 delivery attempts were made, and then the buyer didn't go to pick it up.

I always ship insured and with signature confirmation. No matter if it is GS or FF.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have had ZERO interest in the saddle shoes I have listed, so removing them all for a while probably until next spring when saddle shoe season rears it's head again. Sorry guys....if anyone is truly interested PM me and we can talk. Otherwise, sale is over.....you missed some awesome discount pricing.....

vnguyen_md

Reaction score
Still for sale -

$400 for 8.5D - 403C
$375 for 9D - Humus suede tassels (Worn 1 time only)
$300 for 8.5D - Regina grain dovers (4-5 wears)
$425 for 8.5D - CXL dovers (NEW)

All will come with original box/bags

IMG_8402(2).JPEG
IMG_6469.JPEG
IMG_7557(3).JPEG
s-l16002.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I managed to secure some stupidly expensive custom orthotics today, that work with shoes!!!! Therefore, if anyone was considering buying the shoes I currently have listed here, tonights the night as all will go back into the closet tomorrow, I will be removing (if I can figure out how) my shoe listings tomorrow. I may list things in the future, but the ones currently listed will either be sold tonight, or gone tomorrow.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that something should be considered with the seller feedback issue with F&F. I've been a forum member for 14 years and sold dozens and dozens of shoes. Someone like me asking for F&F should be perfectly fine.

Mod Note: (It's against Paypal's rules and SF's to ask for F&F payment. )

Last edited by a moderator:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had ZERO interest in the saddle shoes I have listed, so removing them all for a while probably until next spring when saddle shoe season rears it's head again. Sorry guys....if anyone is truly interested PM me and we can talk. Otherwise, sale is over.....you missed some awesome discount pricing.....
@audog I would have bought every pair if they were 10eee—you have a mighty fine collection.

Reactions: AHS

Jpto

Reaction score
FS - Cigar Shell - Alden x Lost & Found 10th Anniversary boot 10D, 379X last - $800 USD shipped to the US or CA - international shipping is possible at extra cost.

Includes the original box and bags

Worn twice outside. These were an impulse purchase and sizing didn't work out as well as expected, please see pics for details/wear and tear

Last edited:

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! This would be quite the revelation ... I have the information from the stockist (Borghini in Brescia). In fact, it’s the only place where I’ve seen the Alden code 4076HY. I’ve been wondering about the specifics of the boots for a year as the shape somehow doesn’t share the look of Modified-pairs I’ve seen in forums.

Have you seen that specific makeup before? Can you infer the last from the looks?

(1) The shape of the last is completely different from what Modified looks like, these are quintessentially Barrie
(2) Alden will not do a prestitched reverse welt on Modified
(3) Alden will not do a 360 welt on Modified
(4) Alden tends to assign similar model numbers to similar makeups, and many Barrie lasted cap toe boots begin with 407- (such as 4075H which is black shell)

Not surprised that Borghini got it wrong. Tons of Alden retailers make mistakes about the last on their websites.

If you want confirmation, email general (at) aldenshoe.com and ask, but I promise you that these are Barrie.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FS - Cigar Shell - Alden x Lost & Found 10th Anniversary boot 10D, 379X last - $800 USD shipped to the US or CA - international shipping is possible at extra cost.

Includes the original box and bags

Worn twice outside. These were an impulse purchase and sizing didn't work out as well as expected, please see pics for details/wear and tear

Do most people take 379x TTS?

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've noticed quite a bit of catch and release on this style. I see why...
Do most people take 379x TTS?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics