• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

emptym

Reaction score
Guys, requesting Paypal Friends/Family or extra money for fees is against PP's rules and Styleforum's. If you see it, pls report it to the mods.

People who continue to do it after being warned may be timed out and/or lose selling privileges.

trg12

Reaction score
Guys, requesting Paypal Friends/Family or extra money for fees is against PP's rules and Styleforum's. If you see it, pls report it to the mods.

People who continue to do it after being warned may be timed out and/or lose selling privileges.

Is it ok to declare “net prices” without shipping and other transaction costs?

jszair

Reaction score
Why not just put one price with the fee baked in assuming g&s.if buyer wants to pay f&f for less, that can be discussed in dm...

But, I have to say g&s is very biased towards buyer when disputes happens...

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

All of the shoes I have listed are now just the price listed, shipped, no F&F. In keeping with the rules.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PCT Boot in Snuff Suede
Yenni’s makeup
9D
Barrie
Excellent condition
Worn less than 10 times
325 USD SOLD
Will come with Alden box.
D39AA313-7D9B-4129-9AB3-F43CB0E22C2B.jpeg
E648BE2E-894C-4EDC-BFCA-E68C99C1095D.jpeg
4B249FFC-8B16-4C8F-8DE0-CA91FE2A9D6D.jpeg
CD79A466-BA50-414C-B8C9-AC2C1F5ABD28.jpeg

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Selling this pair of 986 LHS in 11D van last. Looking for 300 shipped OBO willing to trade for other Alden in 11D except saddle shoes (cuz I got some). They have a little loose thread on the strap but it does not effect anything structural. The box has a little water damage from a small spill (shoes were not inside during that time). Let me know if you have questions! Love em but moving on because I just purchased a ravello pair and I gotta make up the money from my stupid spending habits.

Edit: If y’all got trickers I’m also down for a trade

20201024102608_IMG_1017.JPG
20201024102629_IMG_1018.JPG
20201024102651_IMG_1019.JPG 20201024102750_IMG_1020.JPG

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
I'd like to say yes, but I wouldn't, because that'd just be doing the same thing w/o using the names (ie, still either requiring extra money for fees or inviting a F&F payment). The main problem from the forum's standpoint is that there are scammers who request F&F payment, then disappear. Shoes, and Aldens in particular, are probably the most frequently used items for scams. And strangely, 8.5 may be the most common size for that...
@LA Guy would know more about why requesting F&F is a bad idea. I think Paypal may have threatened the forum about it.
Why not just put one price with the fee baked in assuming g&s.if buyer wants to pay f&f for less, that can be discussed in dm...
But, I have to say g&s is very biased towards buyer when disputes happens...
If someone's really your friend, then it's probably fine to discuss such things by pm. Otherwise, I wouldn't. Requesting F&F over pm is even more shady than doing it in the open. And people do report when that happens. We really don't want "Pm me." to become an option for scammers.

All of the shoes I have listed are now just the price listed, shipped, no F&F. In keeping with the rules.
Great, thanks. As you know, we edited it out of several of your listings last night -- as we did from other people's listings too.

jszair

Reaction score
If someone's really your friend, then it's probably fine to discuss such things by pm. Otherwise, I wouldn't. Requesting F&F over pm is even more shady than doing it in the open. And people do report when that happens. We really don't want "Pm me." to become an option for scammers.

This is assuming seller is the potential scammer right? How to prevent buyer scammer?

nbernie

Reaction score
This is assuming seller is the potential scammer right? How to prevent buyer scammer?

one thing that I think would help is making more use of the feedback feature. Ive bought and sold dozens of things on here but I only have 2 points of feedback, and I don’t think I’ve ever left feedback for others. I will do so going forward.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads