• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

GGMac

Reaction score
I passed on the TSM Ravello tankers but now regret it - in light of their imminent arrival: if anyone got a 8.5D and wants to pass them on, please drop me a line

1596241710351.gif

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

davec737

Reaction score
WTB, looking for pair of Alden Indys in calf 8.5D for first foray into Alden. Thanks

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTB, looking for pair of Alden Indys in calf 8.5D for first foray into Alden. Thanks

If it's your first pair, be advised that the Trubalance last runs 1/2 size larger than most. Many, if not nearly all wear Indys at 1/2 smaller than TTS/

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My three pairs: (pix taken today except the ones where I'm wearing them. The light kinda sucked...)

Snuff Perf Captoes. Hampton Last - 12D (size at 12D Brannock for me) - Nice condition, probably 20 or so wears.

$225 shipped/pp'd
5c9vlbZ.jpg

uMXV8sb.jpg

twbdOkk.jpg

YLMIZmY.jpg

lIbzz9B.jpg

aBnJyya.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brown CXL Dovers. Barrie Last - 11.5D (size at 12D Brannock for me) - Nice condition, probably 10 or less wears. Has some CXL grain showing - looks better in-person than the pix.

$275 shipped/pp'd
mXDohLR.jpg

gc48heT.jpg

OqEDMq4.jpg

NAagbym.jpg

qBxrEas.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snuff suede wingtip boots (B+M). Barrie Last - 11.5D (size at 12D Brannock for me) - These are in very goodcondition, but do have some whatever the suede equivalent of break is for suede. I wear these very casually with denim mostly, and it's fine for me, but is something to note. I've worn these a fair bit - they were my second pair of Aldens - and I'm hating the idea of selling them.

$275 shipped/pp'd
dGSjIPq.jpg

QxxVHD6.jpg

0ON5z2h.jpg

2VMqq4d.jpg

wQiWrEk.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumping for interest. Will list them on eBay at some point, but would prefer to keep them in the family, as it were.

jiajia77

Reaction score
want to buy
alden loafer C last size 8E or 8D

let me know if you have~~

jiajia77

Reaction score
anyone know where can i buy
alden loafer( C last ,anti-edge ,suede)

Jdsf

Reaction score
WTB 9.5E Trubalance. Anything but Indy boot, I have too many pairs already. Although I'll consider interesting makeups(can't resist).

Also 10D. Looking for indy shoe or chukka too.

jiajia77

Reaction score
I passed on the TSM Ravello tankers but now regret it - in light of their imminent arrival: if anyone got a 8.5D and wants to pass them on, please drop me a line
how much is TSM Ravello tankers?

mykii2704

Reaction score
Today I offer a personal favorite from the collection, and they are boots that demand to be worn. Originally from AoC, these WTBs on the barrie last are long discontinued. I have worn them sparingly and I had the famous cobbler-house, Jim's in Manhattan, install brass hardware for that extra panache and to perfect the aesthetic. This was an additional $200 or so out of my pocket. My sunk cost is your gain.

Makeup: Discontinued WTB from AOC
Leather: Black Horween Shell Cordovan
Last: Barrie
Size: 10D
Condition/Wears: Excellent condition as depicted in pictures below, worn ~3-4, always stored with boot trees. Haven't been worn this year.
Price: $570 shipped with insurance, tracking, and signature via Venmo/Paypal , final sale. Add $30 for the box (to account for the higher shipping cost due to the weird Alden box dimensions and USPS box sizes). Boot trees not included.

I'm open to offers if you're keen to get these into your stable!

I sold some other Alden shell in this thread a couple of weeks ago so I have positive history here.

Album:

I also have some unworn green shell shoes from Carmina if that's your thing, just DM me!

[Moderator's note: Requesting Paypal Friends payment is against Paypal's rules and ours. If you see anyone doing it, please report the post.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads