• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, I can *sort* of fit in 11.5 D, but my right foot is just some damn tight and shell won’t stretch. Good find for whoever gets them!

lcdx22

Reaction score
Two BNIB cigar shell boots for sale, neither seconds. $900 net to me each, after shipping (give me a zip code and I'll give you cost) and any fees if paying with something that charges them.

11.5 D Barrie plain toe cigar shell boot

11.5 D Plaza wingtip cigar shell boot

WOW! That cigar Plaza WTB is an absolute stunner. I need it. Why are there no people here wearing 13D with all this great shell they don't want? ?

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those elusive 13 D! The plaza are easily the best cigar color I've seen, from 2018 I believe.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Those elusive 13 D! The plaza are easily the best cigar color I've seen, from 2018 I believe.

Agree. And the whole make up is great. Unfortunately outside of the Sir Walter boot at Ealdwine (which they dont have in my size), there are no other plaza lasted WT boots on leather soles with 9 blind eyelets. All commando exposed eyelets and hooks.

Ealdwine is not reordering anytime soon. Leather soul did a make up but they said they don't have plans for future.

I need this make up in any color lol

/End rant

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree. And the whole make up is great. Unfortunately outside of the Sir Walter boot at Ealdwine (which they dont have in my size), there are no other plaza lasted WT boots on leather soles with 9 blind eyelets. All commando exposed eyelets and hooks.

Ealdwine is not reordering anytime soon. Leather soul did a make up but they said they don't have plans for future.

I need this make up in any color lol

/End rant

Yeah agree, I need a half size up or so. The Ealdwine boot is very good, but I need the antique edge instead of mahogany.

And putting hooks on a plaza boot is just a travesty IMO

lcdx22

Reaction score
Yeah agree, I need a half size up or so. The Ealdwine boot is very good, but I need the antique edge instead of mahogany.

And putting hooks on a plaza boot is just a travesty IMO

I love the mahogany welt on that boot. Im in antique overload lol. Also have a Grant lasted WT boots on pre-order with antique so need a differentiator. The mahogany welt makes it much more dressy I think.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update, plain toe cigar sold. Plaza still available.

Two BNIB cigar shell boots for sale, neither seconds. $900 net to me each, after shipping (give me a zip code and I'll give you cost) and any fees if paying with something that charges them.

11.5 D Barrie plain toe cigar shell boot

11.5 D Plaza wingtip cigar shell boot

YoungM

Reaction score
Re-upping my #8 captoes, which are still available!

I have a pair of Shell Captoes in Color #8 (I believe), size 10 1/2. Bought years ago but ended up rarely wearing them, and I need the space, so time to let them go.

They have been worn, but are in great condition. The one significant flaw is that one of the two leather pull tabs ripped off very early on. I'm looking for $480 shipped in the US but open to offers!

View attachment 1397005

More photos HERE

solid_olid

Reaction score
Bumping my ravello shell chukkas, reasonably well worn, barrie last. A really nice older ravello with red undertones. Size 10.5

nareichert

Reaction score
The raising of funds continues... Shoot me a message if you're interested in anything. Also, send me trades only because while I need money I still have a shoe/boot obsession to cope with as well...

Alden Plain Toe Navy CXL Boot - 12 B/D Barrie - $400
Crockett & Jones for RL Black Calf Lindrick - 12D 325 Last - $700

Let me know if I need to remove the C&J listing. Thought I would just include it.

Thanks,
Nick

Ok. Gotta move these... $300 for the Alden’s, $500 for the C&J.

djbanor

Reaction score
Color 8 MCT Bluchers, single leather soles, Plaza last, 11D, NIB
$550 shipped in CONUS, PayPal F&F

aoc1.jpg

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goddamn. It just kills me that you guys post one beautiful pair after another after another after another.

But nothing ever in an 11 AA/B Barrie last...

X_dSF

Reaction score
Goddamn. It just kills me that you guys post one beautiful pair after another after another after another.

But nothing ever in an 11 AA/B Barrie last...
Know your feeling but in 7.5D LBVS

nareichert

Reaction score
Swing and a miss on sizing... Posting these here for what I paid, $860 net to me. Always interested in trades as well, though if these fit you it would have to be for a pair that are to big for you.

Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan NST Boot Plaza Last Size 11.5 B/D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads