• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously considering selling my Cigar PCT boots on Plaza, size 9D. Wore them out one time, maybe 3 hours at most. All eyelets, double leather (waterloc?) Antique edges. PM offers if interested, I have a number and mind, and they won't be cheap. View attachment 1398732 View attachment 1398733 View attachment 1398734 View attachment 1398735 View attachment 1398737 View attachment 1398742
1590982538678.gif

darkclassic

Reaction score
I'm letting a few of my Aldens go if anyone is interested, send me a PM. Prices are paypal net to me and include shipping within continental USA. All have boxes and flannel bags and pretty light wear.

Ravello - SOLD (thanks to a fellow SF member)

Brick & Mortar wingtip boot - color 8 shell cordovan - Grant 10.5D - SOLD (thanks to another fellow SF member)

View attachment 1398149
Alden of Carmel three eye Dutton - color8 shell cordovan - Plaza 11D - $425

View attachment 1398148
Ealdwine Atom - Color 8 shell cordovan - Plaza 10.5D -$450

updates above thanks all

nareichert

Reaction score
I snagged a couple pairs of exotic shell from the most recent seconds drop on TSM. I need cash right now so am going to throw them on ebay. Will sell them to someone here if I can make $0 per pair. Send me a message if you're interested. Thanks.

$861 + Shipping - Ravello LWB Barrie 10.5 B/D 97504
$861 + Shipping - Ravello Chukka Boot Barrie 11.5 B/D 13750
$886 + Shipping - Cigar Cap Toe Boot Plaza Commando 8.5 B/D D9816C

Last edited:

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I snagged a couple pairs of exotic shell from the most recent seconds drop on TSM. I need cash right now so am going to throw them on ebay. Will sell them to someone here if I can make $100 per pair. Send me a message if you're interested. Thanks.

$961 + Shipping - Ravello LWB Barrie 10.5 B/D 97504
$961 + Shipping - Ravello Chukka Boot Barrie 11.5 B/D 13750
$986 + Shipping - Cigar Cap Toe Boot Plaza Commando 8.5 B/D D9816C

So basically you bought 3 pairs to resell?

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I snagged a couple pairs of exotic shell from the most recent seconds drop on TSM. I need cash right now so am going to throw them on ebay. Will sell them to someone here if I can make $100 per pair. Send me a message if you're interested. Thanks.

If you needed cash right now it sounds like you probably shouldn't have bought three pairs of shoes that weren't in your size

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised that they let him order three pairs in different sizes. They have a two pair limit to discourage flipping. I ended up returning the two pairs I bought BTW, so they’ll be back on the TSM site eventually.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you need cash right now, you should never try to become a dealer. BAD IDEA.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So basically you bought 3 pairs to resell?
If you needed cash right now it sounds like you probably shouldn't have bought three pairs of shoes that weren't in your size
I’m surprised that they let him order three pairs in different sizes. They have a two pair limit to discourage flipping. I ended up returning the two pairs I bought BTW, so they’ll be back on the TSM site eventually.
If you need cash right now, you should never try to become a dealer. BAD IDEA.
Boy am I glad you guys chimed in before I could. You were (are) much more polite than I would have been. I MIGHT have been interested in the cigar boots, but no way would I give this guy a flipping profit..

AJ1

Reaction score
I’m actually surprised he posted here. Did he really think he’d get a warm welcome purchasing exotics to flip.

Boy am I glad you guys chimed in before I could. You were (are) much more polite than I would have been. I MIGHT have been interested in the cigar boots, but no way would I give this guy a flipping profit..

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m actually surprised he posted here. Did he really think he’d get a warm welcome purchasing exotics to flip.
Guess it doesn't hurt to try, but.........
IF they had all been same size, and guy needed money due to something like COVID, well perhaps. The general tone was I want to make a profit and I got stuff you didn't, so pay me a premium and you can have them. I have no love for flippers. I have bought/sold many pair here and 99.,9% of the people I have dealt with are honest/ upright members of the forum, I know I have sold stuff at a loss, and have purchased things from members who are not making a profit. To post a blatant "I Want to make a profit" thing here is not in keeping with the tone of the the general thread. I don't begrudge my fellow members making a slight profit, but for God's sake don't state it up front. :)

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm sure TSM will be pleased you trying to profit off them. And they will be able to tell who you are.

pbdeng4

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just trying to thin the closet for my sanity.

Brand: Alden 686 Loafers
Price: $160 OBO
Material: Calf
Sole: Leather
Last: 9.5D Aberdeen Last
Wears/condition: Used, I'm the 2nd owner and I've worn it less than 5 times.
M3JznMM.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/5FaYBVo
Notes: These are too narrow for me. If you were a 9.5C I would imagine these would work for you, otherwise it cuts into the inside of my feet.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just trying to thin the closet for my sanity.

Brand: Alden 686 Loafers
Price: $160 OBO
Material: Calf
Sole: Leather
Last: 9.5D Aberdeen Last
Wears/condition: Used, I'm the 2nd owner and I've worn it less than 5 times.
M3JznMM.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/5FaYBVo
Notes: These are too narrow for me. If you were a 9.5C I would imagine these would work for you, otherwise it cuts into the inside of my feet.
Can you make them 8.5D? I'd take them if so........

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics