• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, incoming Ealdwine Loden boots tomorrow, and totally out of room in the closet. The Brogue Dusky black suede and the plain toe Country calf boots are now $475 for the two pair, to one buyer in same transaction. If separate, Dusky boots are now $325 and the Country calf are $225. Both are 9D.
What a time to be alive with a pair 9D feet.

bptsullivan

Reaction score
FS: Lightly worn Color 8 Shell Chukkas. Commando, Antique Welt, Barrie Last, Size 13D. Selling as-is, Asking $500 or best offer.

Attachments

• Alden 2.jpg
    Alden 2.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Alden 1.jpg
    Alden 1.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Alden 3.jpg
    Alden 3.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 21

moondog-sparky

Reaction score
For TRADE - AoDC Whiskey Shorwing Bal / Tremont last size 7.5D / three total wears on these.
IMG_7301.jpg
IMG_7300.jpg

This was my grail shoe - waited over 5 years for this to arrive and it's stunning. BUT...fit for me isn't perfect. Had to stick in odor eater inserts to help with volume. So, looking for possible trade since fit is less than ideal.

If interested, here are a few whiskey boots I'd like to swap for:
- whiskey perf captoe boot / barrie last in 7D
- whiskey indy / barrie or trubalance in 7D
- whiskey tankers / barrie in 7D

Would also consider cigar indy in 7D.
thanks.... PM with questions and if interested

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nbernie

Reaction score
For sale: #8 loafers 9D Aberdeen
For trade: new whiskey LWB 8.5D Barrie
Looking for whiskey NST shoe
DEE2C875-7B28-4A8E-A40D-4163FB54D076.jpeg
B15DC570-F775-4FBC-ADA5-2B5B4906F77D.jpeg

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For sale, 2 pairs of vintage (1990 or 2000) Ravello shell cordovan loafers, deadstock BNIB. Size 11 B/D and 12 B/D. I unfortunately need 11.5, so they've got to go. These are absolutely incredible, Ravello like it hasn't looked in a long time, and shell of far better quality than Horween has regularly produced for probably decades. Lots of pictures in the album below, along with comparisons to a current pair of Ravello chukkas. These are more like what a color 4 would be now in color, and have a lot of cool details like about 50% more nails in the heel and stamping throughout the shoe that is much deeper and bolder than current pairs.

$1050 net to me each, contact me with any questions.

chezler

Reaction score
Any leads to find the vintage Indy in oiled nubuck other that Leather Soul when they release them

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
joeRogan those images suck to deal with.. good luck

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They show black on my IPad then have to scroll left to right to get a glimpse.. weird I know.. others don't have this issue.. pain to view.. so sorry..

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, incoming Ealdwine Loden boots tomorrow, and totally out of room in the closet. The Brogue Dusky black suede and the plain toe Country calf boots are now $475 for the two pair, to one buyer in same transaction. If separate, Dusky boots are now $325 and the Country calf are $225. Both are 9D.
Loden boots arrived, out of room at the inn so to speak. Therefore am lowering price for last time. Brogue Dusky black suede and Country Calf are now $425 for both pair/ single transaction. Dusky boots by themselves are now $300 and Country Calf by themselves are $200. Someone buy these things as otherwise, they will wind up in plastic tubs in the basement. Size on both 9D.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any leads to find the vintage Indy in oiled nubuck other that Leather Soul when they release them

I don't know of anyone who has done that makeup besides LeatherSoul. Technically, the "oiled nubuck" is just smooth tobacco chamois. Some retailers have done reverse tobacco chamois Indy boots, but as far as I know, only LS has done it with the smooth side out. Some have done it smooth side out with dark stitching, etc. but the Vintage Indy makeup is unique.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone who has done that makeup besides LeatherSoul. Technically, the "oiled nubuck" is just smooth tobacco chamois. Some retailers have done reverse tobacco chamois Indy boots, but as far as I know, only LS has done it with the smooth side out. Some have done it smooth side out with dark stitching, etc. but the Vintage Indy makeup is unique.
Yes the reverse tobacco Chamois is not uncommon. And I agree, haven't seen the smooth side out Indy.
IMG_1042.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads