• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had that boot in my normal size and couldn't even get my foot in it. It definitely ran tight for me.
Really? I trust you, so maybe I don't need this boot :). What I am looking for is a plain toe, or cap toe ALDEN boot in black suede. Sole either leather, Waterloc or commando. Just a rather plain black suede boot. I'm 8.5 in Barrie/TB and Plaza

X_dSF

Reaction score
Yes, for some reason I had a similar experience with my Cooney boots (in snuff suede as well as in #8 shell).
Just curious whether same thing happens on Aberdeen suede moccasins... I have a pair of shell tassel moccasin on 8d, just a little bit large in length. Currently hesitating in whether I should try 7.5d in suede moccasins or not. Thanks in advance!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just curious whether same thing happens on Aberdeen suede moccasins... I have a pair of shell tassel moccasin on 8d, just a little bit large in length. Currently hesitating in whether I should try 7.5d in suede moccasins or not. Thanks in advance!
Well, I'm not the guy to ask, as I have the oddest feet, I wear a 8.5 in damn near every last I have ever tried with Alden, and I Brannock a 9. But you can ask dealers I buy from and I often have to return TTS shoes/boots and go with 1/2 down and I'm good.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really? I trust you, so maybe I don't need this boot :). What I am looking for is a plain toe, or cap toe ALDEN boot in black suede. Sole either leather, Waterloc or commando. Just a rather plain black suede boot. I'm 8.5 in Barrie/TB and Plaza
Have a pair of AE Caen in black suede, but am looking for a pair of Alden (as I just freakin like Alden footwear better than AE) if anyone has something they might want to sell, let me know.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup, I remember it well because it was one of the few times my wife has provided negative feedback on my footwear. As soon as I unboxed she said 'those look like women's boots' because they were so narrow. I'm not big on black shell and I thought these were a great chance to add black to my collection (and I love Alden suede). But try as I might, I could not even get my foot into the boot. It's a very stylish boot but unfortunately they didn't have the larger size I needed so I returned them.

X_dSF

Reaction score
Well, I'm not the guy to ask, as I have the oddest feet, I wear a 8.5 in damn near every last I have ever tried with Alden, and I Brannock a 9. But you can ask dealers I buy from and I often have to return TTS shoes/boots and go with 1/2 down and I'm good.
Thanks for sharing this interesting experience sir:).

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a pair of AE Caen in black suede, but am looking for a pair of Alden (as I just freakin like Alden footwear better than AE) if anyone has something they might want to sell, let me know.

There may be a few options out there in earth chamois as a possible alternative:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There may be a few options out there in earth chamois as a possible alternative:

Close, but looking for black suede, not earth chamois. It's not urgent (I have plenty of boots), just have a bug for a black suede boot (Alden only, plain or cap toe)

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those boots run pretty snug. You sure 8.5D will work for you?
I had that boot in my normal size and couldn't even get my foot in it. It definitely ran tight for me.
Yes, for some reason I had a similar experience with my Cooney boots (in snuff suede as well as in #8 shell).
I was excited to receive a pair of 10th Anny Cooney boots in Color 8. Size 9D. SUPER tight compared to my other footwear of the same size and last. Likely need to unload mine since I've only worn them twice as a result.

Docxm

Reaction score
Big Price Slashes to fund a purchase! Buy them from me!! Three Aldens, Size 8.5-9

Album of all Alden shoes:

Pair1 $$SOLD$$ ---------------

Maker/Model: Alden 3554 Slip-On Loafer in Mocha Kid Sue

Pair2 ---------------
Alden D6808 Plain Toe Boot in Tan Country Calf
Size: 9D
Tan Country Calf
$220 SHIPPED
Bought these off here, never wore them besides trying them on. Trying to give them back now for the same price I got them for. Strangely, even though these are TruBalance they fit snugger than my Indy's. Also, I don't know if I enjoy pebbling too much.

Pair3 ---------------

Alden 401 Indy Boot in Black Cowhide
Size: 8.5C
$240 SHIPPED
Wears/Condition: 9/10
Notes:Bought second hand, I already have a pair of Indy's that fit a bit better so I'm selling these

Pair4 ---------------
Alden 2160 Straight Tip Blucher in Color #8 Shell Cordovan
Size: 9D
$275 SHIPPED
Wears/Condition: 8.5/10

Notes: Uppers in perfect condition. Selling because I'm no longer working in an office and like wearing boots more!

YeVtQ9Q.jpg
3fP1PH7.jpg
shNTeVw.jpg

Indy's sold, reselling Country Calf Plain Toe Boots for what I paid for (too snug) and Color #8 PTBs still for sale!

Dee Pee

Reaction score
ALDEN X LEFFOT SNUFF SUEDE COONEY CAPTOE BOOTS 9D NIB

Never worn (toe and heel taps installed). Aberdeen last.
Was $615 with tax, asking $550 shipped.
PayPal, Venmo, Zelle accepted. Thanks!

Attachments

• 96221D21-9A89-40C7-B291-A50A68057A2F.jpeg
    96221D21-9A89-40C7-B291-A50A68057A2F.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 50

X_dSF

Reaction score
Alden 9741 black shell wingtip balmoral 8E Tremont last
preowned

Bought these on eBay for 350(shipping tax incl.) and found the size larger as I expected (never tried Tremont last before). As these are balmoral so sizing are not flexible as derby. Finally decided to let them go.

Asking 300USD net to me shipped in US
280 shipped within US

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads