• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I'm an 11D in most AE, a 10.5D in GrantStone Leo....would I be a 10.5D in Alden barrie? Looking to pick up my first pair of 975
I'm an 8.5 in both Leo and Barrie, so I suspect yes is the answer. They do fit a bit different, but nothing uncomfortable, just different (disclaimer- TO MY FEET, your mileage may vary)

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm selling as following. Please PM me if anyone interested in.

Long Wing Blucher – Barrie last – size 7.5D – Black shell cordovan – Double oak leather soles. Worn 2-3 times - Asking $450 + shipping.

Last edited:

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all these COVID related sales and because I'm an addict, I have more shoes incoming despite hardly being able to wear shoes at the moment and I need to clear out some space

• Maker/Model: Alden Medallion Cap Toe Boots (Color 8 shell)
  • Size: 8.5EE (Barrie)
  • Sole: Leather
  • Price: $475 shipped via PP F&F (price drop)
  • Wears/Condition: About 5 wears and they're in great shape

• Maker/Model: Alden Indys (Color 8 shell)
  • Size: 9E (TruBalance)
  • Sole: Neocork
  • Price: $425 shipped via PP F&F
  • Wears/Condition: About 10 or so wears. These were originally seconds and you can see in one of the pictures there's a minor puncture near the welt of one of the boots and some slightly uneven dyeing, which I think looks really cool. I've done a bit of sun fading on these.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks to all these COVID related sales and because I'm an addict, I have more shoes incoming despite hardly being able to wear shoes at the moment and I need to clear out some space

• Wears/Condition: About 10 or so wears. These were originally seconds and you can see in one of the pictures there's a minor puncture near the welt of one of the boots and some slightly uneven dyeing, which I think looks really cool. I've done a bit of sun fading on these.

Love the Indy's, but wrong size :(

Docxm

Reaction score
Clearing out a few of pairs also due to COVID :< Will ship with shoe bags.

Alden 3554 Slip-On Loafer in Mocha Kid Suede
Size: 9D
Leather: Mocha Kid Suede
Price: $SOLD$
Wears/Condition: 7.5/10
Notes: Bought second hand, Plaza last is a bit too small for me in this size!

Alden 401 Indy Boot in Black
Size: 8.5C
Price: $250 shipped
Wears/Condition: 8/10
Notes: Bought second hand, I already have a pair of Indy's that fit a bit better so I'm selling these

Alden 2160 Straight Tip Blucher in Color #8 Shell Cordovan
Price: $320 shipped
Notes: Uppers in great condition. Selling because I'm no longer working in an office and like wearing boots more!

Last edited:

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Both sold. Thanks all.

Darkkp

Reaction score
I am selling my 11.5D Alden x Epaulet Black Shell Cordovan Raven Ryden PT Boot. These have been worn less than 10 times before I realized that they are half a size too small for me. It really is a shame since the all brass eyelets make up on this boot is amazing. Asking for $500 net to me and I will be shipping these from Europe. A full album of pictures is in this link.

View attachment 1357150View attachment 1357151
Open for offers.

mxgreen

Reaction score
I am selling my 11.5D Alden x Epaulet Black Shell Cordovan Raven Ryden PT Boot. These have been worn less than 10 times before I realized that they are half a size too small for me. It really is a shame since the all brass eyelets make up on this boot is amazing. Asking for $500 net to me and I will be shipping these from Europe. A full album of pictures is in this link.

View attachment 1357150View attachment 1357151
Really nice boots, and my size. Unfortunately, I have to be careful with the disposable income until all is back to normal.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share some pics of shell brogue oxfords with dress trousers?

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Up for sale are my size 9.5E natty CXL Indys from B+M on commando. With natty CXL being out of stock for the past several months, who knows when these will make a come back. These only have a couple of wears on them and are in great shape with a beautiful color of natty CXL and no loose grain. Only real flaw I'd note is the minor blemish on the toe (see last picture) that should blend in as the leather naturally darkens. Comes with original box, bags, etc.

Looking for $335 shipped net to me.

20200407_111907.jpg20200407_111931.jpg20200407_111950.jpg20200407_112006.jpg20200407_112017.jpg20200407_112023.jpg20200407_112036.jpg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clearing out a few of pairs also due to COVID :< Will ship with shoe bags.

Alden 3554 Slip-On Loafer in Mocha Kid Suede
Leather: Mocha Kid Suede
Price: $SOLD$
Notes: Bought second hand, Plaza last is a bit too small for me in this size!

Alden 401 Indy Boot in Black
Size: 8.5C
Price: $250 shipped
Wears/Condition: 8/10
Notes: Bought second hand, I already have a pair of Indy's that fit a bit better so I'm selling these

Alden 2160 Straight Tip Blucher in Color #8 Shell Cordovan
Price: $320 shipped
Notes: Uppers in great condition. Selling because I'm no longer working in an office and like wearing boots more!

Mocha suede Plaza Loafers SOLD
Yes, the mocha suedes have been sold and received. Certainly one of my best SF transactions. Shoes exactly as pictured, shipped fast, and timely communication. What more can a buyer asks. Thanks for a great deal and smooth transaction.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.