• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

JoeRogan

Reaction score
All that I would like to say, as the individual that was re-selling the shoes, is that I did not attempt to purposefully mislead anyone. I based the description on my professional opinion in conjunction with the shoemart reference. As with some rare models there is often no references at all, so I thought that the TSM info paired with the coloration of the shoes was enough; and therefore perhaps there was perhaps a mixup in the spec. My apologies.
Yeah essentially this, as your 993 demonstrate the model numbers aren't quite 100% although they are about as close to it as can be. The coloration is obviously just leagues from cigar.

frighter3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been on the waiting list so long and now the rare shell cordovan could not sell overseas.

Therefore, I would ask if who could sell me with reasonable price for whiskey / ravelleo lwb / plain toe for 9E /9.5D of Barrie last.

Thank you

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
What is a reasonable price for those at the moment?

AJ1

Reaction score
For context some whiskey boots for a cool 3,499 on eBay though this may and hope be extreme.

My guess is $900 USD new?

Some would pay considerably more than that for rare shell.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For context some whiskey boots for a cool 3,499 on eBay though this may and hope be extreme.
I don’t doubt it. The Alden rare shell game is full loco.

I figured $900 was a reasonable starting point for a new pair, excluding shipping, fees, etc. Add a dash or two of demand and a pinch of fanaticism, and the next thing you know you’re talking multi-thousands.

oskrusa

Reaction score
$900 new for rare shell would be too low.
The last few runs directly from Alden retailers are going past $910 or $920 since at least December 2019.

My guess is $900 USD new?

Some would pay considerably more than that for rare shell.
What is a reasonable price for those at the moment?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Mispost.

Last edited:

GGMac

Reaction score
In other news, I am looking to sell two pairs. Price for both together is $999 including 48-state US shipping and PayPal fees.

Only selling because I think I may need 8E or 8.5D on 379X now that I am wearing thicker socks than I used to.

PM if interested.

- Alden Color 8 Shell Double Stitch Boot on 379X last, size 8D. From Alden of Carmel. Worn once for about an hour, barely any creasing, basically new.

- Alden Snuff Suede Double Stitch Boot on 379X last, size 8D. From Alden of Carmel. Worn twice for about two hours total, basically new.

Not my size but curious of sizing. Is the 379X typically a tts last or 1/2 down? Does it run as long as Barrie?

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my size but curious of sizing. Is the 379X typically a tts last or 1/2 down? Does it run as long as Barrie?
A hair shorter than Barrie but wider/flatter in the toe box, like trubalance. My issue is that I wear thicker socks than I used to and now 379X feels just a hair too short and snug up front. The heel fit is perfect. It’s more narrow in the heel and waist than Barrie so you get a more controlled fit.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, I have a few pairs of new and used Alden shoes for sale. They are all made for Brooks Brothers, come in boxes with shoe bags. Price is $300 for each pair plus shipping.
The tassel loafers are all on Aberdeen last, size 11D, brand new in the box with shoe bags, etc.
Also, I have three pairs of the #8 cordovan wingtips on Plaza last, they have all been worn but I put detailed pictures, please note that there are 3 different pairs but they are all similar in terms of wear. All size 11D, come in boxes and shoe bags.
Last but not least is the longwing cordovan on Grant last, these are made for Brooks Brothers Black Fleece line and are discontinued. Size 11D, worn but have plenty of life left.

Attachments

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second post, continued. Below are pictures of the last pair of #8 wingtips on Plaza and longwings on Grant last in black.

Attachments

chiggyv

Reaction score
For trade: Alden Unlined Snuff Chukka - 12E for Alden Snuff LHS 12D

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.