• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, incoming Ealdwine Loden boots tomorrow, and totally out of room in the closet. The Brogue Dusky black suede and the plain toe Country calf boots are now $475 for the two pair, to one buyer in same transaction. If separate, Dusky boots are now $325 and the Country calf are $225. Both are 9D.

DWH

Reaction score
Well, incoming Ealdwine Loden boots tomorrow, and totally out of room in the closet. The Brogue Dusky black suede and the plain toe Country calf boots are now $475 for the two pair, to one buyer in same transaction. If separate, Dusky boots are now $325 and the Country calf are $225. Both are 9D.
What a time to be alive with a pair 9D feet.

moondog-sparky

Reaction score
For TRADE - AoDC Whiskey Shorwing Bal / Tremont last size 7.5D / three total wears on these.
IMG_7301.jpg
IMG_7300.jpg

This was my grail shoe - waited over 5 years for this to arrive and it's stunning. BUT...fit for me isn't perfect. Had to stick in odor eater inserts to help with volume. So, looking for possible trade since fit is less than ideal.

If interested, here are a few whiskey boots I'd like to swap for:
- whiskey perf captoe boot / barrie last in 7D
- whiskey indy / barrie or trubalance in 7D
- whiskey tankers / barrie in 7D

Would also consider cigar indy in 7D.
thanks.... PM with questions and if interested

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JoeRogan

Reaction score
For sale, 2 pairs of vintage (1990 or 2000) Ravello shell cordovan loafers, deadstock BNIB. Size 11 B/D and 12 B/D. I unfortunately need 11.5, so they've got to go. These are absolutely incredible, Ravello like it hasn't looked in a long time, and shell of far better quality than Horween has regularly produced for probably decades. Lots of pictures in the album below, along with comparisons to a current pair of Ravello chukkas. These are more like what a color 4 would be now in color, and have a lot of cool details like about 50% more nails in the heel and stamping throughout the shoe that is much deeper and bolder than current pairs.

$1050 net to me each, contact me with any questions.

chezler

Reaction score
Any leads to find the vintage Indy in oiled nubuck other that Leather Soul when they release them

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
joeRogan those images suck to deal with.. good luck

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They show black on my IPad then have to scroll left to right to get a glimpse.. weird I know.. others don't have this issue.. pain to view.. so sorry..

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loden boots arrived, out of room at the inn so to speak. Therefore am lowering price for last time. Brogue Dusky black suede and Country Calf are now $425 for both pair/ single transaction. Dusky boots by themselves are now $300 and Country Calf by themselves are $200. Someone buy these things as otherwise, they will wind up in plastic tubs in the basement. Size on both 9D.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any leads to find the vintage Indy in oiled nubuck other that Leather Soul when they release them
I don't know of anyone who has done that makeup besides LeatherSoul. Technically, the "oiled nubuck" is just smooth tobacco chamois. Some retailers have done reverse tobacco chamois Indy boots, but as far as I know, only LS has done it with the smooth side out. Some have done it smooth side out with dark stitching, etc. but the Vintage Indy makeup is unique.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone who has done that makeup besides LeatherSoul. Technically, the "oiled nubuck" is just smooth tobacco chamois. Some retailers have done reverse tobacco chamois Indy boots, but as far as I know, only LS has done it with the smooth side out. Some have done it smooth side out with dark stitching, etc. but the Vintage Indy makeup is unique.
Yes the reverse tobacco Chamois is not uncommon. And I agree, haven't seen the smooth side out Indy.
IMG_1042.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.