• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

protein

Reaction score
Long shot, but if anyone has any leads on shell Copley loafers in 11/11.5 let me know!

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling new without box factory first Alden for J. Crew longwing bluchers in color 8 shell cordovan. I have them in sizes 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5 and 12. These are on the Barrie last.

1640743250349.png

Hei0625

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling new Alden Suede Flexwelt Chukka, model 1493, size 6.5E, full set, asking $400 including shipping worldwide with tracking.

Attachments

• FB186FFD-8415-4316-9674-004467C018A6.jpeg
    FB186FFD-8415-4316-9674-004467C018A6.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 17
  • F36E37BE-40A9-4BC5-BD49-A55934966DDC.jpeg
    F36E37BE-40A9-4BC5-BD49-A55934966DDC.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 172596EB-2FEE-4CD8-A65E-11CD1D4E93FD.jpeg
    172596EB-2FEE-4CD8-A65E-11CD1D4E93FD.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 48

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Relisting these after they languished on Marrkt. According to Alex over at The Armoury, Alden is down to one experienced Norwegian split toe sewer and orders for NSTs are backed up years.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just posted used Alden x Unionmade reverse chamois tassel loafers on the bay

whipcord

Reaction score
Relisting these after they languished on Marrkt. According to Alex over at The Armoury, Alden is down to one experienced Norwegian split toe sewer and orders for NSTs are backed up years.

Can somebody please help my pea brain understand this stuff by telling me where all these workers went, and how they're paying the bills now? Because it seems like literally every company has a worker shortage all of a sudden, and lead times are now measured in years for many products.

Serad

Reaction score
Just to add to the discussion here: I contacted Frans Boone this week (their store is like an hour and a half drive from my home) because I was in the market for some Alden and he told me that they honestly did not expect any re-stock on their available handsewn models for at least the entirety of 2022.

ac106

Reaction score
Can somebody please help my pea brain understand this stuff by telling me where all these workers went, and how they're paying the bills now? Because it seems like literally every company has a worker shortage all of a sudden, and lead times are now measured in years for many products.

lots of people (2.5m) retired early due to Covid and the stock market beefing up their their retirement portfolios (among other factors)

it’s not lazy living on unemployment or any of those narratives being thrown around.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A very merry informative post @ac106. I particularly liked the quote from the CNN article about being unable to purchase a 65” television for $50 is not an indication of a TV shortage. Thanks for posting this.

You know what they say about opinions without data. Well you came with data. Well done.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My understanding was there had only been two. They were older ladies who had been doing it for decades. Many older workers have retired rather than risk getting COVID in the workplace. The labor market participation rates have declined considerably, mostly and almost exclusively because older workers have retired before they would have otherwise.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
My understanding was there had only been two. They were older ladies who had been doing it for decades. Many older workers have retired rather than risk getting COVID in the workplace. The labor market participation rates have declined considerably, mostly and almost exclusively because older workers have retired before they would have otherwise.

Talk about demographics and covid is an easy way to avoid discussion of inadequate worker compensation and working conditions. These analyses would have you believe supply-n-demand should only apply to goods.

madawgg

Reaction score
This is definitely what a bst thread is for…economic discussion and political bickering. By the way, still looking for reverse earth chamois Indy 8.5D. Creating some demand here if anyone wants to sell :)

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talk about demographics and covid is an easy way to avoid discussion of inadequate worker compensation and working conditions. These analyses would have you believe supply-n-demand should only apply to goods.

Sorry, that's my day job. I am a union lawyer. What union are you a member of?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads