• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

jszair

Reaction score
Bought from forum member earlier this year
Catch and release (prefer newly acquired pair of black 401 more)

Indy black suede in 9D
new in box
Goodyear welt (sleeker look than 401/405 with storm welt)

shamelessly reusing original seller’s pictures… boots sat in the box in the past few months, so basically in same condition

$400 net to me
still available. feel free to make offer or propose trade.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. The price ‘gut check‘ is much appreciated! if I can’t sell them to turn the cash into modified shoes, I’ll just bite the bullet and add to my collection until I can find a good home for them!

I figure on the 11.5B it’ll have to be an add to run through Moulded shoe given my anomalous shaped feet. Unfortunately none of the styles I’m keen on are near a new production run. Patience is a virtue I’m still developing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You are welcome. I am still stewing on your shoe but I have a lot of irons in the fire. I wish I could unload my plain cap toe and trade for yours :)

Understood about that! Luckily on Modified I am a D width, so I am able to pick up stuff much easier.

It will be worth it when they land, though!

I’ve had some luck with Modified seconds at TSM in 13C.

Thanks, I'll have to check them more often! Would love to get some seconds at a discount.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in trading some snuff suede LHS for my Color 8 LHS in size 10D? Here is an album with pics of mine.

View attachment 1645615
Fuck you wear a size 10 on the van last!? Do you use inserts or tongue pads? That heel is a way too loose for me. I don’t mean to appear intrusive, but I’m only surprised since we’re pretty similar in sizing.

my shell LHS are in 9.5D and even went down another .5 for my suede LHS.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fuck you wear a size 10 on the van last!? Do you use inserts or tongue pads? That heel is a way too loose for me. I don’t mean to appear intrusive, but I’m only surprised since we’re pretty similar in sizing.

my shell LHS are in 9.5D and even went down another .5 for my suede LHS.
Yeah, could barely get my foot in a 9.5D. 10D is a good fit, not the best but good nonetheless

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, could barely get my foot in a 9.5D. 10D is a good fit, not the best but good nonetheless
You and I are pretty close in sizing. I really want a LHS, but I have no idea what size to get. I'm going to get fitted soon by Sean at Dashing Chicago.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You and I are pretty close in sizing. I really want a LHS, but I have no idea what size to get. I'm going to get fitted soon by Sean at Dashing Chicago.
I'm glad I got fitted honestly. Based on most recommendations I would have gotten a 9.5D and been sorely disappointed

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I got fitted honestly. Based on most recommendations I would have gotten a 9.5D and been sorely disappointed
I was going to try 9.5 based on recommendations, but it seems like sizing is really all over the place. I have a low instep so I figured better to be safe than sorry.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to try 9.5 based on recommendations, but it seems like sizing is really all over the place. I have a low instep so I figured better to be safe than sorry.
Yeah, based just on that one piece of info 9.5 is probably a good place to start

schweezly

Reaction score
I didn’t know Sean opened his own store. Oddly I was thinking about my visits to Leffot and seeing him recently. I guess I’ll have to make a trip in there!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is that place like an actual store then?

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.