• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

mykii2704

Reaction score
Today I offer a personal favorite from the collection, and they are boots that demand to be worn. Originally from AoC, these WTBs on the barrie last are long discontinued. I have worn them sparingly and I had the famous cobbler-house, Jim's in Manhattan, install brass hardware for that extra panache and to perfect the aesthetic. This was an additional $200 or so out of my pocket. My sunk cost is your gain.

Makeup: Discontinued WTB from AOC
Leather: Black Horween Shell Cordovan
Last: Barrie
Size: 10D
Condition/Wears: Excellent condition as depicted in pictures below, worn ~3-4, always stored with boot trees. Haven't been worn this year.
Price: $570 shipped with insurance, tracking, and signature via Venmo/Paypal F&F, final sale. Add $30 for the box (to account for the higher shipping cost due to the weird Alden box dimensions and USPS box sizes). Boot trees not included.

I'm open to offers if you're keen to get these into your stable!

I sold some other Alden shell in this thread a couple of weeks ago so I have positive history here.

Album:

I also have some unworn green shell shoes from Carmina if that's your thing, just DM me!
SOLD!

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Final price drops! I'd like to get these gone. The post is updated below, with current pricing on the two pairs remaining, with links to imgur albums.

These prices include shipping within the continental US and are valid if sold individually, but if you would like to purchase both pairs, we can discuss discounts off of these prices. Shoe trees are not included (nor is the Alden tote bag). I can't accept returns, so please know your sizing.
  • Alden LHS, Color 8 Pebble Grain Shell, waterloc sole, size 8D Van, 6755, worn ~20+ times (small cracks on topline binding at heel). $445
  • Alden Atom Blucher, Black Shell Cordovan, Leather sole, size 8.5D Plaza, D6530, worn 12 times. $295

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New Brown Country calf boots are on order, so something has to go....Up for sale a pair of 8.5D Brown Country Calf boots, Modified last. These were made for a Japanese retailer, and a search of model number on eBay,
IMG_4142.jpeg
IMG_4143.jpeg
IMG_4144.jpeg
IMG_4145.jpeg
IMG_4146.jpeg
IMG_4147.jpeg
IMG_4148.jpeg
IMG_4149.jpeg
IMG_4150.jpeg
IMG_4151.jpeg
IMG_4152.jpeg
IMG_4153.jpeg
IMG_4154.jpeg
finds a pair, shipped from Tokyo, listed for $718. I'm selling these, worn about 6 times, for $250 shipped in CONUS. Model number is 86911H. Full disclosure, I bought these from TSM to test the modified last and the only defect I could ever find is a slightly darker dye on one small spot of one boot toe (picture #2, right boot, doesn't show when wearing)

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden U Tip #8 Shell Cordovan on Plaza for Leather Soul Hawaii size 9 D

375 USD shipped to US

E2AC4760-8C58-42F1-B080-459D7A9A6E67.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Final price drops! I'd like to get these gone. The post is updated below, with current pricing on the two pairs remaining, with links to imgur albums.

These prices include shipping within the continental US and are valid if sold individually, but if you would like to purchase both pairs, we can discuss discounts off of these prices. Shoe trees are not included (nor is the Alden tote bag). I can't accept returns, so please know your sizing.
  • Alden LHS, Color 8 Pebble Grain Shell, waterloc sole, size 8D Van, 6755, worn ~20+ times (small cracks on topline binding at heel). $445
  • Alden Atom Blucher, Black Shell Cordovan, Leather sole, size 8.5D Plaza, D6530, worn 12 times. $295
I can't believe someone hasn't grabbed the pebble shell pair - a fantastic and super-rare makeup...

mykii2704

Reaction score
Today I offer something truly rare and exotic from the collection: my grail boots.

They are Brass-outfitted cigar boots from Alden that have terrific "cigarvello" tones in strong light. These should fade to Ravello with years of wear, which won't be a problem because they are boots that demand to be worn. These are my only exotic Alden boots, purchased originally from a reseller, and they are my grail boots as they do not ship with brass hardware. I had to send them away to the famous cobbler and community favorite, Aram, to install brass hardware for that extra panache and to perfect the aesthetic. This cost $200 to complete. The brass and cigar is the most wonderful pairing in my collection.

Makeup:
Alden exotic with brass hardware.
Leather:
Cigar Horween Shell Cordovan.
Last:
Grant
Size:
10.5D
Price: Forum price of $1050 shipped CONUS via PayPal or Venmo, final sale. Boots will be shipped priority, insured, and sent with signature confirmation.

Condition/Wears:
Excellent condition as depicted in pictures, worn 3-4~ as part of a very large boot collection, Always stored with boot trees. Boot trees NOT included. Boots haven't been worn this year. This run of cigar is exceptionally supple and comfortable.

I've sold shell Alden boots in this thread, but this will likely be my last sale now.

[Moderator's note: Requesting Paypal Friends payment is against Paypal's rules and ours. If you see anyone doing it, please report the post.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Beav

Reaction score
Today I offer something truly rare and exotic from the collection: my grail boots.

They are Brass-outfitted cigar boots from Alden that have terrific "cigarvello" tones in strong light. These should fade to Ravello with years of wear, which won't be a problem because they are boots that demand to be worn. These are my only exotic Alden boots, purchased originally from a reseller, and they are my grail boots as they do not ship with brass hardware. I had to send them away to the famous cobbler and community favorite, Aram, to install brass hardware for that extra panache and to perfect the aesthetic. This cost $200 to complete. The brass and cigar is the most wonderful pairing in my collection.

Makeup:
Alden exotic with brass hardware.
Leather:
Cigar Horween Shell Cordovan.
Last:
Grant
Size:
10.5D
Price: Forum price of $1050 shipped CONUS via PayPal Family&Friends or Venmo, final sale. Boots will be shipped priority, insured, and sent with signature confirmation.

Condition/Wears:
Excellent condition as depicted in pictures, worn 3-4~ as part of a very large boot collection, Always stored with boot trees. Boot trees NOT included. Boots haven't been worn this year. This run of cigar is exceptionally supple and comfortable.

I've sold shell Alden boots in this thread, but this will likely be my last sale now.

If only they were .5 size smaller 😫

DuckOB

Reaction score

lcdx22

Reaction score
Bumping and reducing to $365 shipping included within CONUS. Would consider trade for Viberg 1035 size 9 or 9.5 suede boots or shoes or 145's or maybe Truman size 9.5...let me know what you have
This so cruel as I've been emailing LS for last few years asking about potential new run of these to get my size and here you are struggling to move them on :(

Sheepdog

Reaction score
I've got a pair of 3x worn antique edge color 8 shell PTBs that were made for AoM. Size 9E Barrie. I've about convinced myself that they're never going to fit and they'd probably be better off with someone who will enjoy them more. Never having sold here before, what's a fair price for a pair like this? If there's interest, I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Edit: Paid $788 plus shipping this April during the great covid shoe/belt promotion.

DuckOB

Reaction score
This so cruel as I've been emailing LS for last few years asking about potential new run of these to get my size and here you are struggling to move them on :(
I thought this was one LS yearly orders. Hopefully they do another run so you can get in. What size are you looking for?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.