• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Accountability Thread

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would seem to have left me with no advice to pull from my session if you disagree with the long, drawn out reps. That's fine with me since it was free and I was going more for the reassurance of doing things right than needing a big overhaul.

Going to tighten my OP and stand up straighter. Go back to a more natural upper back and shoulder position for the deadlift. Continue with low bar back squats until I solidly plateau again. And see about reviewing madcow and ia routines in my spare time.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1 cup cottage cheese (12 g carb, 22g protein)
2 cans tuna (3 g fat, 60 g protein)
1 pound chicken breast (96g protein, 6 g fat)
half cup milk (1.25 g fat, 6.5g carb, 4g protein)
half a small onion (4g carb)
half an eggplant (8g carb)
3 tbsp chickpeas (9g carb)

carb - 12+6.5+4+8+9 = 39.5 g carb = 160 calories
protein - 22 + 60 +96 +4 = 182g protein = 728 calories
fat - 6 + 1.25 + 3 = 10.25g fat = 90 calories
total = 160+608+72 = 978 calories

ecgx1, 3.6 g O3, 600mg calcium * 3, 1 multivitamin

1 cup tea

I'm a little hungry.

My breath don't smell fruity yet. Even less carbs? Probably should've left out that onion and eggplant. It was delicious tho.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Going to tighten my OP and stand up straighter. Go back to a more natural upper back and shoulder position for the deadlift. Continue with low bar back squats until I solidly plateau again. And see about reviewing madcow and ia routines in my spare time.

By 'stand up straighter' do you mean you're currently leaning back? Because that's pretty much a requirement and you'll have to lean back more and more as the weight increases.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been doing about 50-60 net carbs all week. The second day was hell, but after taking a day off from the gym yesterday, I felt great today. Must've done something in the gym this afternoon, though, since my neck feels strained on one side right now.

I haven't done regular weigh-ins, but it looks like I've dropped seven or eight pounds since I started the cut a month ago. I'll take some measurements Monday.

Some random food thoughts from the last couple days:

- Stir-fry makes getting a variety of veggies into your diet ridiculously simple.
- I think I prefer PB&J without the bread. A PB&J sandwich is one of the few things I often get a craving for, so I mixed a couple tablespoons of natural PB and tablespoon of sugar-free strawberry preserves in a bowl yesterday. Tasted like a dessert without the bread there to get in the way.
- Not surprising, but setting aside a couple hours one day a week to prepare food for the next three to four days makes it so much easier to just eat clean. Prep time with the stir-fry was like three minutes.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
By 'stand up straighter' do you mean you're currently leaning back? Because that's pretty much a requirement and you'll have to lean back more and more as the weight increases.

I hunch forward more than I should. I can tighten my upper body up more and hopefully provide a more stable base to push up from. I tighten my bottom half well, but haven't concentrated on the top half.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off day, 12 hr night shift.

Supps & 40 oz coffee

1cu whole milk, 1cu rolled oats, handful dried cranberries / walnuts / almonds / sesame seeds
1cu trader joe's low sodium vegetable juice
150+300+??300+50 = 850 cal

1 lb trader joe's 2% fat greek yogurt
160x2 = 320 cal

1 lb chicken, 2x whole wheat tortillas, 2 T olive oil mayo, squirts sriracha, cu spinach
(across 2 meals)
??480+300+150 = 1050

1can trader joe's cuban style beans
3.5x100 = 350 cal

1cu whole milk before bed
1x150 = 150 cal

daily total ~2800 cal unless i don't eat the beans
exactly the same tomorrow (sat) & a skipped work out (might not eat the beans)
slight elbow 'headache' yesterday

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As recently as three or four weeks ago, I had trouble limiting cheat meals to four or fewer a week. Aside from pizza the last two Thursdays, I haven't really even had a taste for any junk food the last two weeks. It hasn't even been a matter of great resistance. Most of it just isn't appealing right now.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1 cup cottage cheese (12 g carb, 22g protein)
2 cans tuna (3 g fat, 60 g protein)
1 pound chicken breast (96g protein, 6 g fat)
quarter cup milk (.5 g fat, 3g carb, 2g protein)
4 tbsp chickpeas (12g carb)

protein - 22+96+60+2 = 178g protein - 712 calories
fat - 9.5 g fat - 90 calories
carb - 12 + 3 + 12 = 35g carbs - 140 calories

942 calories

However I got the munchies around midnight or so after a snowball fight and during a late night halo game. Ate like 3 handful of chips, 6 girl scout cookies, a handful of these tiny candy chewie thingies. I somewhat resisted eating more.

I'm going to put my caloric intake at 1700 calories with a surplus of maybe 120 g carbs 30 g fat (I know the math does not add up)

I've been dying on this diet. This is really hard. I really crave refined carbs like bread, cookies, pastries. I love macarons and I start imagining about them all the time.

I dunno how you guys don't get the munchies for junk food.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
I dunno how you guys don't get the munchies for junk food.

Well, I don't see anyone else here consistently eating less than 1k cal. You are going to have big cravings, I would assume, and you probably just crave what you enjoy. But after ignoring junk for so long, it really becomes second nature.

Eating crunchy things is addictive and habit forming, for sure. I used to have a big weak spot for prepackaged cereal, but I just eat oats and milk nowadays. I eat some delicious, healthy food every week and call it 'cheating'. Once you fall out of the habit of eating sugar, you don't miss it much. And so on...

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I see. I do crave certain things less like straight up white bread and sugared drinks, but my biggest weaknesses are cookies and pastries.

I think I'm going to carry around a bottle of water and some protein powder for the times that I don't think I can make it.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i carry around 3ccs of winny for times when i just can't "take it".

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just eat the cookies and drink the whiskey. I think I'll never reach the level you guys are at simply because I enjoy food too much.

P.S. I'm 160 with 15% body fat.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off day, 12 hr night shift.

Supps & 40 oz coffee

1cu whole milk, 1cu rolled oats, handful dried cranberries / walnuts / almonds / sesame seeds
1cu trader joe's low sodium vegetable juice
150+300+??300+50 = 850 cal

1 lb trader joe's 2% fat greek yogurt
160x2 = 320 cal

1 lb chicken, 2x whole wheat tortillas, 2 T olive oil mayo, squirts sriracha, cu spinach
(across 2 meals)
??480+300+150 = 1050

1cu whole milk before bed
1x150 cal

2400 cal

For some reason, my button downs are getting a tight feeling across my diaphragm (or what I assume is my diaphragm). I seem to have this huge, flexible muscle right below my ribcage. It's like my upper ab. Or hepatomegaly FFFFUUUUUUU

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
I hunch forward more than I should. I can tighten my upper body up more and hopefully provide a more stable base to push up from. I tighten my bottom half well, but haven't concentrated on the top half.

What I try to do is to look straight ahead at some object and focus on it. Also like to keep my chest out and my butt down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads