• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 50 Greatest Street Style Photographs Of All Time?

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And whenever Wooster makes the list, you know they're on the wrong track.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The #menswear milieu truly, truly bores me

There were at least two cogent responses in the link to the article regarding overlooked talents, which, to me, rather says it all

YOLO EMSHI

Reaction score
I am deeply ambivalent about this list. On the one hand bewbs, on the other hand there was a Men In This Town photo............................

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
some good pix, but by and large very odd - many guys w/ flood pants, and several who look homeless.

Last edited:

sridhar3

Reaction score
I kinda like the last one. Lady pulls off a suit well. The rest are pretty meh.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score

And whenever Wooster makes the list, you know they're on the wrong track.

Couldn't agree more. The moustache, the camo, it's so precious and so absurd. I feel that way about nick sullivan too. I'm 22 and I wear short jackets, but at some point you just look like an airline hostess. It's all a few hipster photos, some pseudo-reminiscent shots of decadent england/france, denim jackets, and the requisite shots of a few old dudes cuz its "timeless."

Street style is exhibitionism. It's not really style, it's just fashion. As I said, I'm young and don't dress like an old man but I also don't treat the street like a runway. I think dressing to impress bloggers and photographers is so senseless and even derivative.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why even try to come up with the 50 "Greatest" if you're eliciting responses from predominantly mediocre minds who happen to be in the NYC 'in group'? And how have they decided what constituted 'greatness'? Are they judging by the photographs themselves, or the subjects? Other than the asian Homeless dude, none of these seemed particularly influential or whatever -- unless they're using the amount tumblr reblogs attributed to each as their measuring standard.

And the Men in This Town photograph was taken in my city, and there's nothing that special about the dude's street photography, because every second hip guy in Sydney looks like that.

Last edited:

YOLO EMSHI

Reaction score
Yes MTT is below average but afaik he is the only guy doing men's SW&D photography in Sydney. Sometimes I would like to say the blog suffers because this fat ass can't bother shooting anywhere outside of the conservative business dress/Taylor Square Darlinghurst but tbh I don't think that would change much, streetwear in Sydney sucks. At least MC wise there is P. Johnson, Herringbone, Henry Carter, M.J. Bale, Brent Wilson etc.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes MTT is below average but afaik he is the only guy doing men's SW&D photography in Sydney. Sometimes I would like to say the blog suffers because this fat ass can't bother shooting anywhere outside of the conservative business dress/Taylor Square Darlinghurst but tbh I don't think that would change much, streetwear in Sydney sucks. At least MC wise there is P. Johnson, Herringbone, Henry Carter, M.J. Bale, Brent Wilson etc.

You're absolutely right. Similarly, the culture is such that if you were to take photos of all of the decently dressed MC types in Sydney, you'd eventually be taking photographs of the same guys over and over again.

gsugsu

Reaction score
50 greatest of all time? That? Don't think so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads