• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 3rd StyleForum Fragrance Sample Swap Box...

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
The box is in the mail (Canada to US); it cost a pretty penny to ship but it was worth it. Everyone cross fingers that it makes a safe journey over the imaginary line of the 49th.

Oh, and, the box is unbelievably full. Expect taking 4-5 hours (cumulative) to sit down and go through it all. Nice job Master-Classter - really amazing organization!

Yeah, sorry about the high shipping costs. If we could have got a Canadian in Vancouver or gone from Edmonton to ezlau right across the border it would have been a lot less. IMO even if it costs $20-25 to ship, that's still a regular price of buying a few samples and this way you get to try a box full.

So is it going off to Parker then?

Thanks, re: organization. It's a starting point and I hope it gets better as it goes along.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed. It is en route to Parker.

2011/05/31\t04:20\t\tInternational shipment has arrived in the destination country

Hopefully the above is a good sign.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
notreknip - Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) ezlau - Gillette, Wyoming Parker then MyTailorIsRich - San Francisco, California - Box is currently HERE Scugger (New)- Los Angeles, California HgaleK (New)- Austin, Texas untungl - Dallas, Texas Rambo - Palm Beach, Florida PITAronin – Atlanta, Georgia DerekS - Nashville, Tennessee Robotclaws – Kansas City, Missouri loveswatching - Chicago, Illinois Shibbel - Milwaukee, Wisconsin Nathaniel72 - Schofield, Wisconsin CologneReview - Baltimore, MD AJB - Northern NJ (Jersey?) Boo then Arlee – NYC, New York bandrus1 – Binghamton, New York indesertum (New)- Ithica, New York Cahrin - Toronto, ON (Canada) Hartmann - Toronto, Canada Master Classter – Toronto, ON (Canada)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Remember MC, I'm restocking the thing, so you might want to wait until its farther along the line. Also, whoever is after me is going to have to pay to get it from me, so don't forget to take that into account.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by untungl
Hey guys, I'll be going to London, Berlin, and Geneva (among other places), does anyone know any good fragrance shops or boutiques to get samples? I'd be more than happy to pick some up and bring them back in time for my leg of the swap box.

London: consider Harvey Nichols, Harrod's, George Trumpers on (iirc) Jermyn St, and Ormonde Jayne on (iirc) New Bond Street. Actually, OJ has typically been both fairly generous with their samples - and they make some fantastic scents: Ormonde Man, Isfarkand, and Zizan are all exceptionally well-made, and some of the ladies' scents also work well on men - I recall liking Champaca an awful lot (indian orange blossom). If you do find yourself headed to the OJ boutique, please PM me.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just received the package today from Notreknip. Wow. It's about twice the size of the last swap box. Give me a few days to get though it. I'll get in touch with MyTailorisrich to coordinate transfer. I also have about 20 samples to add.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Sorry for holding up the transfer, but I just got back from Italy. I'll pick up the box from Parker this weekend. We actually live fairly close to each other.

I was able to hit a half dozen or so perfumeries in Italy and will post about it after I get my wife's camera next week (she stayed for two more weeks than me). Got some nice pictures of Santa Maria Novella in Florence, oldest (?) perfumery in the world. Looks like a small cathederal inside.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
SMN, cool! I did Fragonard while in France, but it was just a show lab. I've seen some pics of SMN and it looked really beautiful. The only one I own is Melograno though. I hear the tuscano (?) is like a light Ford tobacco vanilla.

anyway, glad you're back. let's keep this thing moving along.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Picked up the box from Parker yesterday. It is totally ridiculus the number of bottles in the box! I am going to add at least 20. It will take a few days to go through.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
just a note, I've assumed that the actual box will grow as needed. When I sent it off it was pretty packed, but you don't have to keep the same box.

are people putting in full bottles or did you mean atomizers?

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
MC, you are right! Parker added about 25 samples and I am adding 30 + a full bottle of Burberry I inherited. The old box is overflowing and I am going to try to repack it in a 12x12x5 box (hope I dont' have to go any bigger). there are hundreds of samples in there. Everything except the Burberry are the normal sample atomizers, ranging from tiny to 15ml. Sorry, I won't be able to ship it until Monday.

CologneReview

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I'm out guys. All my samples that I've been saving up for you all are going in the trash.

???
stirpot.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I'm out guys. All my samples that I've been saving up for you all are going in the trash.

Recap:

- I messaged Rambo to ask why he didn't want to cover shipping after he got the box.
- I assumed he didn't want to pay to play like everyone else because he was putting in so much valuable stuff. I was defensive because it sounded to me like he was saying the box sucked and he was basically going to be stocking it with all his stuff and get nothing in return. I said it was a dick move and told him he was being immature.

- In reality he's got enough samples to keep him busy and doesn't need much out of the box but wants to contribute anyway but doesn't want to pay to ship it out since he's already adding a lot.
I misunderstood, apologized, and asked if I could cover shipping so the box keeps moving and we all get what he has to offer.

so I'm admitting publicly here I was a bit of a prick through PM and hopefully Rambo'll accept the apology and put it down to a misunderstanding.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads