1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The 3rd StyleForum Fragrance Sample Swap Box...

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Master-Classter, May 4, 2011.

1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

^^^ there are a few bond #9's in there, so you should get a chance to sample the ones you wanted.

2. Nathaniel72

Nathaniel72 Senior member

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'm not a huge cologne collector, so I don't need take time to figure out how I feel about them. It's very much hit or miss. If there are a few that have multiple samples, I may well grab one, but I'd rather ensure that everyone has the same opportunity here. The big thing for me is that I have a very limited knowledge and selection to sample. It's fine to read about Terre d' Hermes, but the Austin Neiman, Nordstrom, Macy's etc. don't have it. Same goes for hundreds of others. If I can get a dab I can figure out if it's worth picking up or not.
    Don't forget to factor in things like weather, temperature, skin condition, etc. in deciding on a scent. You can wear a scent multiple times and get a different reaction every time. THAT's why its helpful to have the samples around.

4. loveswatching

loveswatching Senior member

Syringes and sample vials ordered. I am gonna get shit ready on my side so this works out smooth.

5. untungl

untungl Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this won't be a problem, but I will be out of the country from May 27th to June 12th vacationing in Europe.

6. Master-Classter

^^^ I doubt it. It'll be at least 5-8 weeks before it gets to you.

If someone's going to order supplies for the box (ezlau?), then what i'd suggest is 24 x 0.5ml vials, 12 x 1.5ml vials, 24 x 2.5ml atomizers, and maybe 6 x 10ml plastic atomizers, plus 10-15 eye droppers... unless anyone has other suggestions.

7. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Syringes and sample vials ordered. I am gonna get shit ready on my side so this works out smooth.

Sounds like a drug deal [​IMG]

8. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

so just a real quick question, when I usually ship stuff, they ask things like: "anything fragile,flammable etc etc inside?" what do I say? Is it allowed to ship cologne? One thing I know is you can't ship it through USPS overseas, not sure about within the US.

9. Cahrin

Cahrin Senior member

If there's no Aventus in there I'll bring back a decant this week as it looks like there are a few people that are interested. Unless you planned on sending it out this week?

10. Master-Classter

I was going to ship it out tomorrow to get this thing going. if you can meet up in the afternoon Sat then txt me, otherwise what's there will have to do.

11. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Don't forget to factor in things like weather, temperature, skin condition, etc. in deciding on a scent. You can wear a scent multiple times and get a different reaction every time. THAT's why its helpful to have the samples around.
    ^see, this is why I'm still here. I had no clue. I saw someone ask about Bond No. 9 samples. I'll be stopping by Saks and Neiman on Sunday, so if there are requests I'll see if the good people there won't give us a hand.

12. Master-Classter

go for it, but I've got bond pretty well covered...

other lines not so much. Explain to the creed rep what you're up to, tell them you'll take their card and put it with the samples so if people want to buy they know where to get it from, mention there's like 10-15 guys involved...

13. Cahrin

Cahrin Senior member

Sadly don't have the juice in Toronto. =/

14. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

go for it, but I've got bond pretty well covered...

other lines not so much. Explain to the creed rep what you're up to, tell them you'll take their card and put it with the samples so if people want to buy they know where to get it from, mention there's like 10-15 guys involved...

Sounds good to me

15. Master-Classter

alright guys, the box has been mailed out to Notreknip and should arrive later this week.

16. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

so just a real quick question, when I usually ship stuff, they ask things like: "anything fragile,flammable etc etc inside?" what do I say? Is it allowed to ship cologne? One thing I know is you can't ship it through USPS overseas, not sure about within the US.

Can somebody answer this? ^

17. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

No to liquids. Yes to fragile.

18. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

is it too late to join?

19. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

No to liquids. Yes to fragile.

Thanks! Also, notrekip please pm me when you are ready to ship it off to me. Thanks!

20. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Thanks! Also, notrekip please pm me when you are ready to ship it off to me. Thanks!

Actually I think I am sending it to you: notrekip->parker->mytailorisrich->ezlau.

Or did the order get changed?