• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 35W blues...

Reaction score
Is anyone else annoyed with the even sizing standard after 34 waist sizes? I wear a 34 in APCs, and am constantly trying to find another pair of jeans that fit both my waist AND my legs properly. Nudie at size 34 is too tight in the waist, but perfect in the legs. Their 36 is OK in the waist, but too large in the legs. PBJs are the same way. Rag & Bone 34s work well, but don't offer anything besides the same resin wash (As a side note on R&B--bring back the RB2 cut!).

I'm 6'5, which probably contributes to the problem, but does anyone know a quality brand--besides APC and R&B--that caters to someone in this position? I must not be alone in this. And before anyone mentions 5EP or certain Japanese brands, I need at least a 34 inseam--though 5EP claims they make a 34 inseam, I have yet to see it.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
You can customize your size with Ande Whall, and I think his available inseams go up to 36".

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm also a 35 true waist. I also have a similar issue with 36" Nudies in the lower legs. I've had luck with 5EPs in 34, RRL (the new pair I just bought in 34) Ande Whalls, and RRDS in 34. I'm only 6'1 though, so don't have the same inseam concerns as you.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I'm also a 35 true waist. I also have a similar issue with 36" Nudies in the lower legs. I've had luck with 5EPs in 34, RRL (the new pair I just bought in 34) Ande Whalls, and RRDS in 34. I'm only 6'1 though, so don't have the same inseam concerns as you.
Drizzt, am I right that you got a 32 inseam in the Ande Whalls? I'm thinking about ordering a pair, and am within a 1/2" or so of you in height. The length looked pretty good in the pic you posted, so I'm using that as a reference point.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Drizzt, am I right that you got a 32 inseam in the Ande Whalls? I'm thinking about ordering a pair, and am within a 1/2" or so of you in height. The length looked pretty good in the pic you posted, so I'm using that as a reference point.
Yep, I got a 32" inseam in the Whalls. My natural inseam is right around 32" in more or less everything, including RRDS. Both of my APCs are hemmed to that length too. I think my torso is slightly longer than average and legs slightly shorter than average compared to others my height, though, FWIW.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads