1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The 3-Piece Thred

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by heavyd, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

My treasured vintage triple-tweed, old pics: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

I should be getting a navy chalkstripe 3pc in a few weeks from my tailor!!

I should have gone with peak lapels though, I went with notch but its a little too late now, maybe my next suit.!

3. AvariceBespoke

AvariceBespoke Senior member

4. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

that is a KILLER suit - any idea who made?

Probably Tom Ford... supposedly he's dressing Beckham these days. If I could remember where I got that photo from, I could check to see if there were 5 buttons on the sleeve cuff.

5. AvariceBespoke

AvariceBespoke Senior member

Probably Tom Ford... supposedly he's dressing Beckham these days. If I could remember where I got that photo from, I could check to see if there were 5 buttons on the sleeve cuff.

I'd like that suit with notched lapels, the cuffs are nice too.. not much break in pant & relatively large cuff

6. Gravitom

Gravitom New Member

I really like the Brooks Brothers three piece (especially at 50% now) but I'm looking for it in a medium gray. Does anyone have any suggestions in the $400-$600 range?

7. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

8. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

I actually though they were going the way of the Dodo but they've had a fairly big resurgence in popularity. They probably have more of a psycoligical effect on the viewer when theyre worn with a lighter weight or color suit because theyre unexpected but I like them more with a dark or heavier weight suit (or both).

9. JibranK

JibranK Senior member

10. JibranK

JibranK Senior member

I really like the Brooks Brothers three piece (especially at 50% now) but I'm looking for it in a medium gray. Does anyone have any suggestions in the $400-$600 range?
    Bookster in this fabric.

11. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

The BB three-piece suits have belt loops [​IMG]

Just FYI.

Most three-piece suits come with belt loops nowadays.
    I've got a couple from RL Polo by Corneliani - one has belt loops, the other has side adjusters.
    It's hardly surprising or uncommon, particularly given that most men are very unaccustomed to wearing braces now.

12. JibranK

JibranK Senior member

Most three-piece suits come with belt loops nowadays.
    I've got a couple from RL Polo by Corneliani - one has belt loops, the other has side adjusters.
    It's hardly surprising or uncommon, particularly given that most men are very unaccustomed to wearing braces now.

They don't need to wear braces - they can wear side adjusters.