1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The 27 Year Old Virgin

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by amathew, May 13, 2012.

1. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

This is very true. It takes a good deal of narcissism to feel as sorry about oneself as some people do.

2. b1os

b1os Senior member

Drew, has your hearing at least improved a little? :(

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Nah I can't hear. It's not coming back either, unless a miracle happens. As above though, I do make sure to remind myself that everybody has their own sort of problems and that sitting around feeling sorry for yourself and not doing anything with what you have is a pretty shitty existence, I don't let it control me. It might even surprise the tagutcow but I have had times of loneliness myself, and I have in the past lived doing not much but wallowing in self-pity - and then I looked back on all the time I had wasted and considered that the world at large really gave not a single fuck during those spans, and decided to change that part of me.

Anyway, it's more an inconvenience for others than it is for me, I am alive.

4. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

That was a great post

5. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

It seems like SF wants amathew to get laid more so than himself. It's really hard to help someone who dosen't want to help himself as much.

Perhaps it's related to low testosterone? Might consider getting that checked at your next doctor's appointment.

1 person likes this.
  6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

You can't miss something you never had.

7. SirTristan

SirTristan Member

I agree 100% word for word

8. SirTristan

SirTristan Member

I can try to help. Go to places where people that share your interest will hang out at. You first have to think positive. Thinking positive will show through your body language, tone and words you choose. You have to know yourself that you may be able to make her happy. If you think you can make her happy then you will behave as such. Now that your thinking positive about yourself, think something positive about her. What is it about her that makes you interested. Her smile, eyes, lips, hair or how she walks, talks and her style of clothes maybe. The point is to find something you think is appealing about her. Once you got that figured out, remember it and begin to approach her. As soon as you make eye contact. SMILE! SMILE and SMILE. I'm telling you, a smile can go a long ways. Imagine she is a good friend who you haven't seen in years and your excited to see her. Introduce yourself and be honest about why your approaching her. Shit, tell her that you think she looks good and you want to get to know her. In your own words of course. But be honest because your perception of her may be different than anyone else. That may break the ice. Its is a numbers game as far as rejections go. Win some and lose some but winners never quit. Practice, practice, practice. Practice thinking positive, approaching a woman with a smile and asking open ended questions. Use the five "W's" and sometimes How. Stand in front of the mirror with your fresh clothes on and practice. Muscle memory will kick in soon. What I think is most important out of what I said, is to know yourself that you may be able to make her happy before you even approach her. Hope this adds to your knowledge. may the force be with you

9. impolyt_one

I saw a proper picture of OP in SW+D in one of the threads - he's no Brad Pitt, but he looks totally normal. Also, he doesn't appear that short.

10. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

11. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Looks usually have nothing to do with guys being single. There are hideous men out there with women. It's almost always confidence or lack thereof

12. Matt

Matt Senior member

This thread is still going?

The solution at this point is simple...if he sits in his room long enough, sooner or later a girl will walk in there, naked, and plead for him to take her. It has to happen. It's really just a matter of time. There's like a law of averages or probabilities or something....

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  13. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I thought that is pretty much how it worked from what I recall of M@T's "This is how we roll". :smarmy:

14. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

an infinite amount amount of monkies with an infinite amount of time will take your virginity.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  15. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

OP have you made any friends yet? Go get a membership to a climbing or boxing gym, take a class or two to learn the ropes, and start going. You'll meet people and make friends and it's in line with your fitness interests. Seriously.

I know it's sort of difficult to start, but you can man up and do the hard thing or just be miserable for the 60 or so years you have left. You'll have a new hobby to take up your time, and most importantly you'll make friends.

16. impolyt_one

^ Dude is right, if you are shy and never stand a chance of just talking up a girl cold, you might do better hanging out with guys at first to gain a web of friends who will inevitably bring around other girls. The guys can vouch for you and talk up your personal strengths and it's in the bag from there.

17. mgm9128

mgm9128 Senior member

So, in order for the OP to get into girls, he has to go through guys first. What's that saying about the shortest distance between two points being a straight line? That is not good advice, as OP will either turn gay, or he will fall into that special group of people who equate fitness goals with things of actual significance.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  18. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

yeah man having male friends will make you gay before you know it

4 people like this.
  19. mgm9128

mgm9128 Senior member

No. That is not what I said. I just do not see the utility of employing men in the pursuit of women. If you need another man to make you look good, you are doing something wrong. Just my opinion, of course.

20. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Technically correct, but practically wrong. Deep yearning is quite potent.