• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agree the hatchgrain is best executed on a minamilist design. Higgins would also be a good option if the style / last suit you. In theory a loafer is also a good option but I don't have much reference point on the Randolph 2.0
Unfortunately, loafers do not fit me. They slip of my skinny feet that are raised up and forward already too much due to my orthotics.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been pushing 100 the past few days here, but with a high of 75 today I figured I'd take the opportunity to throw on some light denim and brown shell Higgins Mill boots since they're one of my few lined boots not in summer storage.

IMG_8003.jpg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Lauren:

‼️SHELL CORDOVAN TRUNK SHOW 2024‼️

🗓️July 12th-29th

Styles:
Chandler Chukka Boot
Higgins Mill Boot
McAllister
McAllister Boot (TS Exclusive!)
Park Avenue
Park Avenue Sneaker 2.0 (NEW)
Randolph 2.0 (NEW)
Strand

Colors:
Black
Burgundy #8
Brown Cognac
Chili
Natural
Green
Navy
Marbled Burgundy #8 (NEW)
Printed Natural (NEW)

🚨THATS NOT ALL…

Back by popular demand, we’re bringing back matching Shell Cordovan Belts AND debuting new Cordovan Apple Watch bands! YES, you heard that right. Where are my Apple Watch users?

🗓️18 stores will be hosting in-person Trunk Shows across 3 weekends:

Weekend of July 12th - Michigan Avenue, Rockefeller Center, Lamar River Oaks, Kierland Commons, Newbury Street, and Del Amo Fashion Center

Weekend of July 19th - Madison Avenue, West Village, City Center, Westfield Century City, Cherry Creek, and High Street

Weekend of July 26th - The Mall at Short Hills, Galleria Edina, International Plaza, The Fashion Mall at Keystone, Westfield UTC, and Classen Curve

✍🏻Additional details:
⁃ Marbled Bugundy and Natural cordovan will have more variation from pair to pair
⁃ Made to order in 8-9 weeks
⁃ Custom fees on Trunk Show makeups are waived
⁃ Randolph 2.0 is made on the same last as the Randolph Bit
⁃ Park Sneaker 2.0 features a thicker sole compared to the original

If you have a favorite store or sales associate, please make sure to call or email them to place your Trunk Show orders. They really appreciate your business and are happy to assist you with all your Trunk Show questions.

Don’t be one of those guys that says “I wish I would have bought that pair during the Trunk Show” 😉

Which style and color combination(s) do you have on your list this year? Sound off in the comments! Can we talk about how good the McAllister Boot looks? 😮‍💨

View attachment 2202615 View attachment 2202617 View attachment 2202619 View attachment 2202621 View attachment 2202623 View attachment 2202625 View attachment 2202627 View attachment 2202629 View attachment 2202631

I'll be in london, that's a shame.

And since they don't appear to have included pricing for us to plan quantities etc, I think I'll stick with shopping locally. ;)

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
It's been pushing 100 the past few days here, but with a high of 75 today I figured I'd take the opportunity to throw on some light denim and brown shell Higgins Mill boots since they're one of my few lined boots not in summer storage.

View attachment 2203053
Everybody stop posting brown shell or else I’m going to end up making poor financial decisions at the July trunk show.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The printed natural is great you bite your tongue. I agree that it only makes sense on a brogueless design to highlight the texture. That PA might happen if I can get it with a split welt and double JR. I do not like the chandler (or chukkas really) so thats out. The higgins doesn't fit me well unfortunately also out. Question is can I handle the price. Might need to revisit my shoe lineup and see if I part ways with some before pulling the trigger.

I could probably use a belt in brown. As for the apple watch bands I think it is pretty cool. I won't be getting one but it is more about how I use the watch. I keep the Nike velcro on it because it is the easiest to adjust during a workout and doesn't bother me like rubber ones. When I want to dress it up I have the milanese band but I rarely ever use it. If it calls for it, I pull out one of my TAG watches. I don't consider any watch with a screen to be "nice," but I do find it practical for what I need day to day.

I didn't know the Higgins didn't work for you. I will say that I've experienced quite a large variation in size with the Higgins, specifically at the instep and ankle area. Some are tighter and some are way looser. Higgins is probably the only thing I would consider this time because I don't own any Higgins in shell. I wonder if Strand King is lurking and if he'll order the printed natural.

FYI, prices are: $950 boots, $850 dress shoes, $750 sneakers.

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know the Higgins didn't work for you. I will say that I've experienced quite a large variation in size with the Higgins, specifically at the instep and ankle area. Some are tighter and some are way looser. Higgins is probably the only thing I would consider this time because I don't own any Higgins in shell. I wonder if Strand King is lurking and if he'll order the printed natural.

FYI, prices are: $950 boots, $900 dress shoes, $850 sneakers.

Thank you for that!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plus whatever that shoe is, it isn't a Randolph. If they wanted to make that shoe they should have brought back the Patriot (RIP).

I forgot to say, the McAllister boot is something AE should have introduced a long time ago. Looks awesome. I much prefer that to the Dalton.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FYI, prices are: $950 boots, $900 dress shoes, $850 sneakers.

Well, I knew it was high. I guess I forgot or didn't realize AEs prices had crept so much. I paid less for new ravello lwb from Alden earlier this year. Admittedly it was BARELY less but... pretty crazy.

I agree, the dalton for me just is off. It doesn't look good to me. If the McA boot had come out a few years ago I'd have purchased for sure.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I knew it was high. I guess I forgot or didn't realize AEs prices had crept so much. I paid less for new ravello lwb from Alden earlier this year. Admittedly it was BARELY less but... pretty crazy.

I agree, the dalton for me just is off. It doesn't look good to me. If the McA boot had come out a few years ago I'd have purchased for sure.

I thought most rare shell makeups from Alden were like $1300 now?

When I was at Horween a few weeks ago, they said that the horse hide supply is quite low and the finished product demand is just as good as ever. They have basically had no choice but to raise their price to get their hands on more horse.

Moral of the story, if you want shell prices to go down, you’re gonna have to pick up some slack and start eating more horse meat.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought most rare shell makeups from Alden were like $1300 now?

When I was at Horween a few weeks ago, they said that the horse hide supply is quite low and the finished product demand is just as good as ever. They have basically had no choice but to raise their price to get their hands on more horse.

Moral of the story, if you want shell prices to go down, you’re gonna have to pick up some slack and start eating more horse meat.

I don't know, that hasn't been my experience. I have 2 from 2023 as well one boot one blucher and both were under $1k. I'm not saying it doesn't exist but that hasn't been my reality. I don't really mind a price for shell it is what it is, I've been trending toward more suede of late. What throws me is AE matching Alden price.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know, that hasn't been my experience. I have 2 from 2023 as well one boot one blucher and both were under $1k. I'm not saying it doesn't exist but that hasn't been my reality. I don't really mind a price for shell it is what it is, I've been trending toward more suede of late. What throws me is AE matching Alden price.
As long as neither are chasing Viberg pricing, I'm okay with what they're asking.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poppiseed