• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Lauren:

‼️SHELL CORDOVAN TRUNK SHOW 2024‼️

🗓️July 12th-29th

Styles:
Chandler Chukka Boot
Higgins Mill Boot
McAllister
McAllister Boot (TS Exclusive!)
Park Avenue
Park Avenue Sneaker 2.0 (NEW)
Randolph 2.0 (NEW)
Strand

Colors:
Black
Burgundy #8
Brown Cognac
Chili
Natural
Green
Navy
Marbled Burgundy #8 (NEW)
Printed Natural (NEW)

🚨THATS NOT ALL…

Back by popular demand, we’re bringing back matching Shell Cordovan Belts AND debuting new Cordovan Apple Watch bands! YES, you heard that right. Where are my Apple Watch users?

🗓️18 stores will be hosting in-person Trunk Shows across 3 weekends:

Weekend of July 12th - Michigan Avenue, Rockefeller Center, Lamar River Oaks, Kierland Commons, Newbury Street, and Del Amo Fashion Center

Weekend of July 19th - Madison Avenue, West Village, City Center, Westfield Century City, Cherry Creek, and High Street

Weekend of July 26th - The Mall at Short Hills, Galleria Edina, International Plaza, The Fashion Mall at Keystone, Westfield UTC, and Classen Curve

✍🏻Additional details:
⁃ Marbled Bugundy and Natural cordovan will have more variation from pair to pair
⁃ Made to order in 8-9 weeks
⁃ Custom fees on Trunk Show makeups are waived
⁃ Randolph 2.0 is made on the same last as the Randolph Bit
⁃ Park Sneaker 2.0 features a thicker sole compared to the original

If you have a favorite store or sales associate, please make sure to call or email them to place your Trunk Show orders. They really appreciate your business and are happy to assist you with all your Trunk Show questions.

Don’t be one of those guys that says “I wish I would have bought that pair during the Trunk Show” 😉

Which style and color combination(s) do you have on your list this year? Sound off in the comments! Can we talk about how good the McAllister Boot looks? 😮‍💨

View attachment 2202615 View attachment 2202617 View attachment 2202619 View attachment 2202621 View attachment 2202623 View attachment 2202625 View attachment 2202627 View attachment 2202629 View attachment 2202631
Kudos to AE for another great offering, but you already know what I'm gonna say...McAllister Boot but no Hamilton?!?!?!? Why?????

Laur87

Reaction score
Oh noes… the Short Hills Mall is minutes away and I want those shell McAllisters. As in that color (in the photo), whatever color that is.

Okay, so I have a month to figure out my excuse/explanation matrix that I’ll use during spousal customs purchase disclosure.
Those are chili ;) I wish you the best of luck. I brought home my first pair of shell last month from the Shoe Bank in Wisconsin, and my husband was supportive. Thankfully.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_4471.jpeg
IMG_4470.jpeg
IMG_4472.jpeg

Garrister

Reaction score
WTF. Besides the name, those shoes have nothing in common. Different last. Different vamp strap. French binding on one, not the other. Different moc stitch. Poron versus cork. Why is one called 2.0? Seriously. I suspect that the bean counters have taken over the company and just want to call every shoe Randolph because, at one time, they sold a lot of them. I also suspect this foretells a Florsheiming of the company. A pity.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a hell of a nice offering this time around. Lots and lots of good options. The only question is, what welt and sole options will be available. Perhaps they are not decided yet. My opinions:

1. I can't really tell the difference between marbled burgundy vs antique cherry. I think a lot of people will love this color.

2. Not feeling the printed natural, but that's awesome that they are also offering the regular natural.

3. Not sure if spending another $900 is realistic for me this time around, as I've already bought a bunch of boots over the last year. Having said that, I definitely wouldn't mind adding a green or blue Higgins. Green, blue and natural shell are still my favorites.

4. I was secretly hoping marbled black would return, but this is still an awesome trunk show.

5. A little surprised and sad to see that there is no TS event at Costa Mesa. :(

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a hell of a nice offering this time around. Lots and lots of good options. The only question is, what welt and sole options will be available. Perhaps they are not decided yet. My opinions:

1. I can't really tell the difference between marbled burgundy vs antique cherry. I think a lot of people will love this color.

2. Not feeling the printed natural, but that's awesome that they are also offering the regular natural.

3. Not sure if spending another $900 is realistic for me this time around, as I've already bought a bunch of boots over the last year. Having said that, I definitely wouldn't mind adding a green or blue Higgins. Green, blue and natural shell are still my favorites.

4. I was secretly hoping marbled black would return, but this is still an awesome trunk show.

5. A little surprised and sad to see that there is no TS event at Costa Mesa. :(

I do actually like the hatch grain, but it has to be on a plain shoe without lots of brogues and pinking that hide the subtle texture at best and busy or contrast it all at worst. The only plain shoes I can wear in that list are the HM and Chandler, and I really don't need more boots; my available boot space is already very limited. Marbled burgundy is great, but I'm going to likely pass on it. In terms of general styles, I like the McBoot, but I won't be getting one for the reason of storage. I see myself getting a hatch-grain Chandler and a hatch-grain Apple watch band.

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Considering my potential purchase(s) for the trunk show.. how different is cognac brown shell from “regular” brown shell? I’ve been looking for a pair of brown shell strands but maybe a TS cognac shoe would scratch the itch.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
I think they're the same.

Considering my potential purchase(s) for the trunk show.. how different is cognac brown shell from “regular” brown shell? I’ve been looking for a pair of brown shell strands but maybe a TS cognac shoe would scratch the itch.
I think they're the same as well.

Re: the Park Ave sneaker 2.0, does anyone know whether it is factory resolable?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Lauren:

‼️SHELL CORDOVAN TRUNK SHOW 2024‼️

🗓️July 12th-29th

Styles:
Chandler Chukka Boot
Higgins Mill Boot
McAllister
McAllister Boot (TS Exclusive!)
Park Avenue
Park Avenue Sneaker 2.0 (NEW)
Randolph 2.0 (NEW)
Strand

Colors:
Black
Burgundy #8
Brown Cognac
Chili
Natural
Green
Navy
Marbled Burgundy #8 (NEW)
Printed Natural (NEW)

🚨THATS NOT ALL…

Back by popular demand, we’re bringing back matching Shell Cordovan Belts AND debuting new Cordovan Apple Watch bands! YES, you heard that right. Where are my Apple Watch users?

🗓️18 stores will be hosting in-person Trunk Shows across 3 weekends:

Weekend of July 12th - Michigan Avenue, Rockefeller Center, Lamar River Oaks, Kierland Commons, Newbury Street, and Del Amo Fashion Center

Weekend of July 19th - Madison Avenue, West Village, City Center, Westfield Century City, Cherry Creek, and High Street

Weekend of July 26th - The Mall at Short Hills, Galleria Edina, International Plaza, The Fashion Mall at Keystone, Westfield UTC, and Classen Curve

✍🏻Additional details:
⁃ Marbled Bugundy and Natural cordovan will have more variation from pair to pair
⁃ Made to order in 8-9 weeks
⁃ Custom fees on Trunk Show makeups are waived
⁃ Randolph 2.0 is made on the same last as the Randolph Bit
⁃ Park Sneaker 2.0 features a thicker sole compared to the original

If you have a favorite store or sales associate, please make sure to call or email them to place your Trunk Show orders. They really appreciate your business and are happy to assist you with all your Trunk Show questions.

Don’t be one of those guys that says “I wish I would have bought that pair during the Trunk Show” 😉

Which style and color combination(s) do you have on your list this year? Sound off in the comments! Can we talk about how good the McAllister Boot looks? 😮‍💨

View attachment 2202615 View attachment 2202617 View attachment 2202619 View attachment 2202621 View attachment 2202623 View attachment 2202625 View attachment 2202627 View attachment 2202629 View attachment 2202631

It’s amazing these are still happening! I remember going to the very first one in Manhattan back in 2014 (or so?) and getting to meet Paul Grangaard.

Lots of great options, looking forward to seeing everyone’s makeups!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is the exact same color. Cognac Brown is to Brown as Robert is to Bob or Jonathan is to Jon.

As an aside, I thought brown shell Strands were a standard model from AE?

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The printed natural is great you bite your tongue. I agree that it only makes sense on a brogueless design to highlight the texture. That PA might happen if I can get it with a split welt and double JR. I do not like the chandler (or chukkas really) so thats out. The higgins doesn't fit me well unfortunately also out. Question is can I handle the price. Might need to revisit my shoe lineup and see if I part ways with some before pulling the trigger.

I could probably use a belt in brown. As for the apple watch bands I think it is pretty cool. I won't be getting one but it is more about how I use the watch. I keep the Nike velcro on it because it is the easiest to adjust during a workout and doesn't bother me like rubber ones. When I want to dress it up I have the milanese band but I rarely ever use it. If it calls for it, I pull out one of my TAG watches. I don't consider any watch with a screen to be "nice," but I do find it practical for what I need day to day.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Horween dark cognac is AE brown or brown cognac. They are the same.
I think they're the same.

I think they're the same as well.

Re: the Park Ave sneaker 2.0, does anyone know whether it is factory resolable?

Supposed to be resolable

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The printed natural is great you bite your tongue. I agree that it only makes sense on a brogueless design to highlight the texture. That PA might happen if I can get it with a split welt and double JR. I do not like the chandler (or chukkas really) so thats out. The higgins doesn't fit me well unfortunately also out. Question is can I handle the price. Might need to revisit my shoe lineup and see if I part ways with some before pulling the trigger.

I could probably use a belt in brown. As for the apple watch bands I think it is pretty cool. I won't be getting one but it is more about how I use the watch. I keep the Nike velcro on it because it is the easiest to adjust during a workout and doesn't bother me like rubber ones. When I want to dress it up I have the milanese band but I rarely ever use it. If it calls for it, I pull out one of my TAG watches. I don't consider any watch with a screen to be "nice," but I do find it practical for what I need day to day.
That’s why I am struggling. I really wanted a shoe and not a boot. I have many PA sneakers and actually prefer the smaller profile soles. So I don’t see a PA sneaker 2.0 in my future. Maybe I’d get a strand sneaker 2.0 someday. I really won’t wear a regular PA, so that is out. I can’t wear loafers, as the come off my feet when I walk.

That really means I have to get a boot after all if I want hatch grain, since it needs to be as plain as possible. I’m thinking of the chandler here. I don’t have a problem with chukka styling, but my boot storage is already too tight. I’m in for a watch band also.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
That really means I have to get a boot after all if I want hatch grain, since it needs to be as plain as possible. I’m thinking of the chandler here. I don’t have a problem with chukka styling, but my boot storage is already too tight. I’m in for a watch band also.
agree the hatchgrain is best executed on a minamilist design. Higgins would also be a good option if the style / last suit you. In theory a loafer is also a good option but I don't have much reference point on the Randolph 2.0

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alabaster7