• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After this beer, I’ll put these ugly slippers on!

IMG_0116.jpeg
IMG_0117.jpeg

KarlHungus

Reaction score

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Does anyone know a cobbler that stocks Lectae Hevea soles? I have a paid of OSB suede PTB’s that I would like to resole and I think the LH soles would be a good compromise between a leather sole and rubber for my needs.

Last edited:

Sockett&Bones

Reaction score
I have no issue with Caleres trying new things, developing new styles, or making money doing so. It is just that they come out with a winning style, only to kill it in a year, for something else that may, or may not, be better. The whole "Dress sneaker" thing is another issue and I won't even get started on it. It doesn't really matter what I, or others who have worn AE proudly for 50+ yrs think, the parent company is taking them in a direction that we may not like, but then again, we are not buying as many shoes/boots as we once did.

Agree with you, stylistically they are garbage.
But if AE didn't sell them, others like Cole Haan and JM etc will just take a bigger bite of the market. I try to justify those garbage sales by saying they keep the company and traditional shoes alive 😂😭

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are we thinking about these? Such a strange model to be made in shell.

I was also looking at these guys... Basically just a MacNeil on the 108? Sounds like a solid shout to me.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are we thinking about these? Such a strange model to be made in shell.

I was also looking at these guys... Basically just a MacNeil on the 108? Sounds like a solid shout to me.

I like ‘em both. Good thing they’re not my size.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Thought I might share the Mac Neil 2.0, which I haven’t worn in almost 2 years:
IMG_1370.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In the doctors office because my sinus infection just won’t go away. My wife reminded me why I can’t have a male doctor. After, she looked me over and did a complete examination she proclaimed that my sinuses were fine and that I needed an X-RAY to see if I have pneumonia. I kinda jumped out of my seat and straightened my shirt. After the X-RAY, Mrs. Shoenut proclaimed that this is how she keeps me out of jail. If that was a man, you would have punched in the face and then asked, do your lungs hurt? Unfortunately, the woman is closer to correct than wrong.
IMG_8956.jpeg

I tried to match the thread on this pair of denim. I think I did ok. BTW, no pneumonia my lungs are just glued together by snot. Hurts like hell.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvid2kkrr