• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think these are on the 8 last of had model numbers lost their meaning by this time? (MacNeil) Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, they are definitely mine. All mine, for ever and ever. Though technically the Olympiads aren’t Broadstreets… even through they really are a Broadstreet in all but name, since they’re built using the same upper pattern and pulled over the same last.

Your Broadstreets are very interesting. They were made in 2004 (one of the last examples I’ve seen with the old date code stamp). They have a standard catalog model number of 8603, which was black and white calf, of which those are definitely not. Additionally, yours are fitted with storm welts, which are seriously non-standard for a Broadstreet.

This means they’re definitely MTO from the old custom service, and are almost certainly one of a kind. Very cool indeed - the kind of thing that, generally speaking, only @smfdoc seems to have.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think these are on the 8 last of had model numbers lost their meaning by this time? (MacNeil) Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
They’d lost their meaning by that point - I guess AE wanted an unrestricted 4 digit number space because they kinda had a history of model number collisions. That and they were doing all this stuff with WebGems, leading to a lot of short-lived models.

Per the catalog archive, all MacNeils, after their very first year in 1963 (when they were built on the old no 8 “Kent” last), were built from 64 onwards on the 7 last. The 7 was actually named the MacNeil last, since it was introduced on said model. Even the short-lived “New Coke” MacNeil 2.0 was built on the 7, before being shelved in favor of the 1.0 (which was really a 1.5, since the upper pattern was slightly revised in the late 90’s).

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Your Broadstreets are very interesting. They were made in 2004 (one of the last examples I’ve seen with the old date code stamp). They have a standard catalog model number of 8603, which was black and white calf, of which those are definitely not. Additionally, yours are fitted with storm welts, which are seriously non-standard for a Broadstreet.
Thanks for all the info, none of which I knew. I have quite a few pairs of AEs and know close to nothing about each, nor is my interest level very high. My shoe needs are fairly basic, like if when I put them on and after about maybe ten minutes no ants have gotten in through the seams then I'm happy. Beyond that, big time bonus.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, none of which I knew. I have quite a few pairs of AEs and know close to nothing about each, nor is my interest level very high. My shoe needs are fairly basic, like if when I put them on and after about maybe ten minutes no ants have gotten in through the seams then I'm happy. Beyond that, big time bonus.
Don’t worry, we can change all that here. Give us some time, and you’ll be going to trunk shoes, hiding boxes from your significant other, talking about “Watermelon Shell”, etc..

Come and hang out… become one of us…

1718200000771.gif

Satoman1

Reaction score
On my AE for Joseph Abboud "Stuart" today.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20230529210200257_COVER.jpg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On my AE for Joseph Abboud "Stuart" today.
View attachment 2199741
The reminds of the great Joseph Abboud pricing weasel / theifing incident. Due to an error on the Joseph Abboud website, their AE offerings were at some absurd discount. Of course, as this thread is comprised almost entirely (when it comes to shoes) of immoral degenerates who are only interested in feeding their insatiable shoe appetite, we descended upon poor unsuspecting Joseph Abboud like a plague of locusts. As I recall, they honored the price, despite the rampage of purchases.

I forget what the ludicrously low price was, but I still haven’t gotten around to wearing them (they’re very nice, and I will eventually get to them):

IMG_0020.jpeg

Oddly, I am wearing these:
IMG_3600.jpeg

I’m also leaning forward in some weird attempt to snap a front facing pic, which is making it look like I’m wearing high-waters. If my wife saw me doing this, she’d be concerned for my mental wellbeing. Personally, I think what’s needed is a shoe-selfie-stick.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codeManS