• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Changed to make the little girl happy.
IMG_8855.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First ever pair I bought from @Ashley_S ! Was wearing shorts earlier because it was an 85 degree day, but then storms rolled in and dropped it to 70, so the almost-broken-in selvedge went back on.

Speaking of buying stuff from Ashley, if you haven't taken a look at what she's got on that spreadsheet, you're doing yourself a disservice. Tons of great stuff on there. Got a couple pairs headed my way and am on the fence about some others that are sitting a little farther outside my fit than I'd like.

IMG_7934.jpg

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First ever pair I bought from @Ashley_S ! Was wearing shorts earlier because it was an 85 degree day, but then storms rolled in and dropped it to 70, so the almost-broken-in selvedge went back on.

Speaking of buying stuff from Ashley, if you haven't taken a look at what she's got on that spreadsheet, you're doing yourself a disservice. Tons of great stuff on there. Got a couple pairs headed my way and am on the fence about some others that are sitting a little farther outside my fit than I'd like.

View attachment 2187543
Thanks for the shoutout! Might be worth mentioning that I am posting the spreadsheet on the Facebook group tomorrow, so one day left of the SF head start lol 😂

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, I was wandering the streets of Budapest when I saw an interesting sign.

IMG_0489.jpeg

They were closed for a holiday, so I got a few pictures of pairs in the window. So sad I could not actually handle some of these fine pairs.

IMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_0486.jpeg

IMG_0487.jpeg

IMG_0488.jpeg

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trip back to the AE factory was great, and the Horween tannery tour was also excellent. We learned a lot about the process of all kinds of leathers, including shell. It sounds like if we want shell prices to go back down, we are going to need to start eating more horse meat. Basically all of the price increase is driven by horse supply shortages and having to pay a ton of money for what little horse they can get. The only have like 1/3 of their shell tanning vats running because they just don’t have enough material to fill all of them. Tons of demand for the shells, but so little supply.

No photos of my Shoebank haul yet, but here’s the breakdown…

F2 SMU McAllister spectator in mahogany calf and green suede (stunning).

Brown suede Acheson.

Bourbon calf Delray.

For the event, they offered the Williams longwing blucher with an added MacNeil medallion in both tan Dublin and brown grain calf. I ordered both materials in the appropriately named MacWilliams.

When I arrived home last night, I found out I had a surprise boot delivery over the weekend…

Purple shrunken bull split toe boots from Zonkey Boot.

IMG_4855.jpeg
IMG_4854.jpeg
IMG_4856.jpeg
IMG_4858.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The trip back to the AE factory was great, and the Horween tannery tour was also excellent. We learned a lot about the process of all kinds of leathers, including shell. It sounds like if we want shell prices to go back down, we are going to need to start eating more horse meat. Basically all of the price increase is driven by horse supply shortages and having to pay a ton of money for what little horse they can get. The only have like 1/3 of their shell tanning vats running because they just don’t have enough material to fill all of them. Tons of demand for the shells, but so little supply.

Brown suede Acheson.

Bourbon calf Delray.

For the event, they offered the Williams longwing blucher with an added MacNeil medallion in both tan Dublin and brown grain calf. I ordered both materials in the appropriately named MacWilliams.

When I arrived home last night, I found out I had a surprise boot delivery over the weekend…

View attachment 2187871 View attachment 2187873 View attachment 2187875 View attachment 2187877
AE has gone much uglier but not by much.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brown suede Acheson.

Bourbon calf Delray.

View attachment 2187871 View attachment 2187873 View attachment 2187875 View attachment 2187877
First, thank you for the update on your AE factory visit. Very interesting about the Horse Butt situation. Personally, I’m not at all opposed to eating more horses, but I’m also someone who only sees a ribeye steak when I look at a cow.

On a slightly more pressing matter: what exactly are those purple things in your photos?

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First, thank you for the update on your AE factory visit. Very interesting about the Horse Butt situation. Personally, I’m not at all opposed to eating more horses, but I’m also someone who only sees a ribeye steak when I look at a cow.

On a slightly more pressing matter: what exactly are those purple things in your photos?

They are a MTO pair of Zonkey Boot ZB238 model NST boots in purple shrunken bull leather with a Vibram Eaton sole on the Classic last. Made with a brown edge and a Norvegese welt.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52