• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Hope you are well my friend. Are you breaking the bank for the trunk show?

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick post x-ray shot from the Sports Medicine examination room this morning right before they told me I don't need anything more than PT to deal with an arthritic hip that's been bugging me non-stop for the past 6 months or so. Gray Canal Court sneakers I've had for a few years that get about 90% of their annual usage during June-August.

This pair, alongside a pair of brown suede Porter City, comprise the entire AE sneaker run for this guy. I'll be honest, when both pairs die off at some point in the future, I'm most likely not going back to the AE well for replacements. They're both . . . fine? I guess. Maybe. I dunno. Are they good looking enough to justify a non-super-duper clearance price point over other brands? Not really. Are they that much more comfortable than other brands that I should pay more? Nope. Would I change my mind if AE came out with a sneaker that blew my mind visually? Of course! But, for now, I'm more than content to stick to AE boots only moving forward.

Hope summer is treating all you weasels well. Looking forward to seeing all your Trunk Show purchases in the near future. More than that, I'm looking forward to Lil' Donkey starting her final year of college funding. Once I get her off of the Donkey Family payroll, I'll feel OK again about splurging on the occasional shell.

IMG_8050.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fading progress.

These loafers almost match now (getting closer to a tolerable place).

These green things (that were never really green) are getting wild.

View attachment 2212421 View attachment 2212423 View attachment 2212425 View attachment 2212427 View attachment 2212429
What kind of sun deterioration mitigation are you employing? I know Arizona sun is a different beast, but I can’t help but think those get very dry based off my own fading of a similar pair (and others)

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of sun deterioration mitigation are you employing? I know Arizona sun is a different beast, but I can’t help but think those get very dry based off my own fading of a similar pair (and others)
Just a lil Bick 4. Weather has been spotty here in Massachusetts, so they haven’t been out every day, either.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the brown suede Porter City sneakers I mentioned yesterday while at a different follow-up doctor appointment. It might just be me, but I think this pair runs a touch narrow. Or, maybe I'm just more sensitive to the widths on shoes during summer when it's hotter out. Who knows? For whatever reason, though, these still get a good number of compliments from people.

IMG_8054.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should've posted a screenshot cause they edited that post and now it is correct. Discredits my issues raised

I saw it late last night before I was about to sleep and was confused.

I'm wearing a pair that is almost 8 years old. Can't believe that 2016 was so long ago. I remember being excited about these. They still fit great, but might need a resole, eventually.

@donkeyhoatie , my Porters also run a bit narrow, but they do work out okay.

unnamed (4).jpg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Trunk Show page is live on AE's website. Probably just reusing the same URL from last year's TS since they highlight Denim and UV shell.

Good thing is the shoes/boots are up and you can see how the different colors look in those models.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the brown suede Porter City sneakers I mentioned yesterday while at a different follow-up doctor appointment. It might just be me, but I think this pair runs a touch narrow. Or, maybe I'm just more sensitive to the widths on shoes during summer when it's hotter out. Who knows? For whatever reason, though, these still get a good number of compliments

I wear E in AE but have those shoes. After the suede breaks in a bit, they become very comfortable. I think the fact that they are unstructured (no heel amd toe counters) helps.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kefido5596