• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Customer Service from AE, I ordered PA dainites, when I received the shoes, they turned out to be V-Treads. After 2 emails, AE gave me a partial refund and problem solved with a happy customer.
I did email them to state “Looking at the listing again, https://www.shoebank.com/product/me...f-oxford-dainite-sole-3026757/black-ec4009122, while item listed is Dainite, but images are v-tread shoes, so the problem could be a wrong listing instead of the wrong shoes sent out, I would recommend AE to look into that to avoid further mix-ups.”
IMG_4103.png

strider11

Reaction score
The best method is just being realistic. Does your foot shape resemble the shoe shape? I have spent quite a few dollars trying to make a wrong shaped shoe fit my foot.
That's been my problem too. Love finding a rare shoe on sale and listening to that voice in my head... "I'll make it fit."

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finishing the Allen Edmonds Boot week with the Massdrop Chukka in Moss (olive) Suede.
Next target: AE Shoes Week!
20230609_103129.jpg
20230609_103150.jpg
20230609_103228.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The best method is just being realistic. Does your foot shape resemble the shoe shape? I have spent quite a few dollars trying to make a wrong shaped shoe fit my foot.

Me too. I finally realized AE, despite the variety of sizes and widths, are difficult for me to find a great fit. I went through many pairs before I came to that realization. AE is a 90/90 company. They work well for 90% of the people 90% of the time. I just happen to be in the 10% group. "It's me, not you." But today is Throwback Friday and that requires vintage shoes. Spoilered for those who can't stand the site of vintage shell.

IMG_3026.jpg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Customer Service from AE, I ordered PA dainites, when I received the shoes, they turned out to be V-Treads. After 2 emails, AE gave me a partial refund and problem solved with a happy customer.
I did email them to state “Looking at the listing again, https://www.shoebank.com/product/me...f-oxford-dainite-sole-3026757/black-ec4009122, while item listed is Dainite, but images are v-tread shoes, so the problem could be a wrong listing instead of the wrong shoes sent out, I would recommend AE to look into that to avoid further mix-ups.” View attachment 1971795

In all honesty, I think you're getting a much better shoe with the v-tread. In fact, if I could only have one type of sole on all my boots and shoes, it would be the v-tread. It's one of those "good at everything, great at nothing" solutions that really works for footwear. Dainite will last longer, but the v-tread is more comfortable, lower profile (which works better on a dress shoe), and provides perfectly adequate gripping in basically all environments. Wear those in good health.

Today felt like a chili Higgins Mill boot day. Love these boots, and only wish they were on v-tread, instead of Dainite. Oh well. Maybe in another life.

IMG_6846.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had some heel looseness in my olive Neumok, as they are an 8 E and I'm usually a D width. Just out of curiosity, I measured how wide the heel sockliner is at the widest part. It's 2.5 inches wide. I also measured my denim suede Strandmoks and those have the exact same width. For some reason though, I do not get any heel looseness in the denim pair (8 D) but I do in the olive Neumok (8 E). I don't get why the olive pair looser in the heel.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've had some heel looseness in my olive Neumok, as they are an 8 E and I'm usually a D width. Just out of curiosity, I measured how wide the heel sockliner is at the widest part. It's 2.5 inches wide. I also measured my denim suede Strandmoks and those have the exact same width. For some reason though, I do not get any heel looseness in the denim pair (8 D) but I do in the olive Neumok (8 E). I don't get why the olive pair looser in the heel.
I think you need to look at it like a bespoke maker - your heel is a 3D object. You’d need to measure the width maybe half way up as well as maybe total length?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pa boot is nice, but I think it could have been a bit taller. Proportionately, I think that would have worked more.

Still like that ae is putting out a traditional design. I like it a lot. Trying to think what colour I'd want.

Will it have leather soles?

Also: Aren't the Dalton, the Hamilton, and the 1st Ave all dress boots? Or do you mean exclusively non brogued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads