• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually, when people talk about life-changing things, it's something trite—a new product, a song, a TV show, a dish at a restaurant. Hey, if something changes the way you see the world and brings you a touch of joy, that's great. More power to you. But, it's usually a fleeting, figurative experience. Let's not conflate these smaller things with the bigger ones.

79 years ago today, around 156,000 Allied troops literally gave the world a life-changing experience with their determination, bravery, blood, and lives. It may not always seem like it, given the 24/7 politically anchored news cycle that demonizes opposing sides of the spectrum and styleforum camps that argue for and against oxfords with chinos, but we live in a vastly different and far better world because of their deeds.

Gold
Sword
Juno
Omaha
Utah

Thanks to all of the troops who changed the world for the better.

I try to break out these OG Normandy boots every year on the anniversary of the beach storming, and today was no exception.

IMG_6838.jpg

Harwid

Reaction score
I have never heard anyone refer to the things in your first sentence as life-changing.

Jeff

Lauren_A

Reaction score
Hey guys, a little birdy told me AE is pre-releasing the Park Ave Boot in 2 colors on June 10th + 11th ONLY. And yes, you can customize the sole.

They won't be online so if you want to order a pair you know I gotchu ;)

PM me if you want to see what colors we're releasing or email [email protected].

You'll also receive a complimentary engraved boot tree if you order a pair. SO COOL.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Hey guys, a little birdy told me AE is pre-releasing the Park Ave Boot in 2 colors on June 10th + 11th ONLY. And yes, you can customize the sole.

PM me if you want to see what colors we're releasing or email [email protected].

You'll also receive a complimentary engraved boot tree if you order a pair. SO COOL.
Awesome! I assume as a pre-release that means we're still going to get a normal release later on? Cash flow is not great for a boot purchase at the moment, but super interested.

Lauren_A

Reaction score
Awesome! I assume as a pre-release that means we're still going to get a normal release later on? Cash flow is not great for a boot purchase at the moment, but super interested.
Yes sir! We'll be releasing it for real in the Fall with more color options. This is just for the folks that want to snag the boot before it hits the shelves officially.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is coming in black and chili for pre-release. I really want a pair, but I am struggling with the price. I can pay $495 now and get free boot trees, or probably get it next Anniversary sale for like... $400. Or wait until the 2025 trunk show where it will most likely be offered in shell.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've always wondered why all these different captor boot models when they could just do like they did with the Fifth Street & Hamilton and take a classic like the Park Ave and turn it into a boot.

I foresee this in a future Shell Trunk Show to further promote it like the Landon.

Speaking of Shell TS, any rumored dates yet @Lauren_A???

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered why all these different captor boot models when they could just do like they did with the Fifth Street & Hamilton and take a classic like the Park Ave and turn it into a boot.

I foresee this in a future Shell Trunk Show to further promote it like the Landon.

I've heard definitely no Park boot for this year, and talks of the 1st Ave coming... Kinda wack though considering how similar it is to the Landon. They must just be running out of boots to rotate though at this point.

Lauren_A

Reaction score

No dates yet but expected to be in September. Will update you guys as I know more ;)

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard definitely no Park boot for this year, and talks of the 1st Ave coming... Kinda wack though considering how similar it is to the Landon. They must just be running out of boots to rotate though at this point.
How about the Hamilton? Will we finally see it brought back for the Shell TS?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s just a captoe boot. It blows the Landon out of the water in my opinion, but it is just so similar to the Landon and on a last that isn’t in current production.

Main differences from the Landon are the flat welt, different last, and the pull tab.

View attachment 1970375
Yours are flat welt, and many are, but there were reverse welts.
IMG_3623.png

Plus, I have an 11EEE pair with a natural reverse welt and shaved burgundy shell for sale if any one is interested 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads