• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No I'm talking about a whole house fan, its separate from your HVAC, They pull in massive air (belt driven). Work great if you have a rancher but not as much if you have multiple stories.
Ah. Ok. You’re basically wanting an economizer fan. That could definitely help you get some free cooling overnight to temper the house for the day. You could also use your existing furnace and coil unit to move that air. If you have filters at the unit you’re good, but if they’re in return grilles then you’d want to filter the outside air. You would need to duct outside air into the return duct and have motorized dampers that would allow you to switch between recirc and 100% outside air.

I would consider a direct drive over belt drive fan. Belt drive motors are on the way out as energy codes “outlaw” them; modern EC motors are way more efficient.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Some of you will appreciate these…sneak peek of a pair I had made up from our friends at Rancourt, the shoes were just completed yesterday and they were kind enough to send me a photo. I’ve got one more custom pair they are finishing up for me as well.
33845A6F-AC3A-4949-8E81-4A48630F6FAD.jpeg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore white suede Nomads today. They worked correctly. No one got mad at me today.

On the other hand, for some reason over the years the Nomads have decided to turn ivory.

Don't know why some shoes decide to do things you'd rather they didn't do.

IMG_5165.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, the sea and me.

IMG_5161.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, tea and me.

IMG_5169.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Long day of meeting clients in their production pits. My jeans are acid stained pretty bad. For some reason these bad boy MacNeils never get screwed up.
IMG_7081.jpeg

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
^
You could drive a boat.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going with the Jonh boys today. The 73 last works for me in a few sizes.
IMG_7088.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ----. I have one of these in 8 E, so probably will not bite on these. But damn, these look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads