• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm toying with getting another pair of 2nds, good boot and fit is fine.

It is said to be slightly roomier, but I went with my normal size of 11.5 EEE. Would you say I am going to have any issues with fit as a result?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing I did not know until recently is that going up a width can also increase the length on some lasts. I don't know if all the lasts have this consistently, but I noticed it on the 333 last.

I used a ton of Bick 4 on these dudes yesterday and they just soaked all of it up. I liberally applied a first coat and 10 minutes later, they were bone dry. They had probably been sitting on the shelf for 4+ years at PW. They cleaned up really nice though.

View attachment 1930533 View attachment 1930535

Those look great. I know, they are geezer shoes, but I own a pair and use mine for any kind of light outdoor work. There was a golden brown cxl version that I wish I had picked up years ago. I remember they were on sale for $117 or so on the AE site back in 2016.

Baybombers

Reaction score
I was wearing by shell Daltons this evening and got caught in a rain storm. When I got home I put my cedar trees in, is there anything else I need to do? How does shell bounce back from getting very wet?

Thanks in advance.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wearing by shell Daltons this evening and got caught in a rain storm. When I got home I put my cedar trees in, is there anything else I need to do? How does shell bounce back from getting very wet?

Thanks in advance.
If your Dalton's are on leather soles (which shell should be) I would opt for newspaper instead of cedar trees and also lay the boots on their sides to allow the leather soles to dry.

Kinda unrelated, but with sneakers, you also want to remove the foam insole to allow the shoe to breathe/dry.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

Here you go. Water spotted shell.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
It’s actually better the whole shoe got soaked; the water spots from a light splash are harder to even out. Shell does fine after water; generally just a bit of water and brushing followed by some polishing with a technical shirt (like a running shirt) will generally make them look great. If more persistent, fully soak and then use a conditioner like bick 4 or vsc.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
847585F9-1B5E-4E0D-919A-4052E5E149EB.png

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE catalog in the mail today....straight into recycling, NOTHING of interest in there...over priced athletic looking shoes...shame on you Port Washington, but nothing that should be anywhere else than discount shoe warehouse.....
Wonder if there will even be a Trunk Show this September? If not, will only be a single AE boot purchase for this calendar year 😞

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads