• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought about wearing another pair of MacNeils today, but got back into boots instead. Gave these stubborn SMU oxblood Daltons a couple of fairly heavy doses of Leather Honey last night. They are now sitting a little darker than usual, which looks better to my eye, but may just be the residual effects of the honey as it dries. The leather is now definitely softer than before, which is what I was going for. Hopefully they will get more comfortable, especially as I'm upping the wear frequency. Love the look of these Daltons, but just wish they fit as well as my Sullivan Street boots on the same last. I should probably just go on an extended 7-8 mile walk in these, but that would entail Donkey to get off his lazy butt and that ain't happening today with all the deadlines I've got coming up.

Also, while we're on the subject of the latest AE offerings, these definitely don't look like they came from Target shoe section. But back in the day, Ashley sold them to me at a price that looked like it was from there. Those days are long since gone. Bummer.
IMG_6643.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy WTW forum pals. Moved to wear MacNeils today.

IMG_2694.jpg

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the Denali irl? Also, has anyone compared them with the Delray? The Denali are less dressy, from what I can tell (especially in suede), so I'm contemplating getting them to have something to wear with jeans.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unboxed the pair of F2 Snuff Freeports that @donkeyhoatie forced me into buying. Haven't tried them on yet, but I can't for the life of me understand why they are seconds. I also can't understand why AE wouldn't even give me seconds pricing on my TS natty Freeports that took 3 attempts and still arrived in much worse shape than this snuff pair.

Not sure if the pricing is still the same, but please listen to the wise ole donkey! "3/4 suede Indy at 1/4 the cost."

Geoff928

Reaction score
Boots and a shoe that I've worn lately, a new-to-me pair that I've been hunting for and my picks for the current sale.

Oxblood Daltons for Wingtip Wednesday.
PXL_20230329_171149995.jpg

These are so much more red than any of my other oxblood shoes.
PXL_20230329_171739198.jpg

Shell Fairgates in color #8 that look more brown in this light.
PXL_20230313_165140547.jpg

Weatherproof loden Higgins before the rain starts to fall.
PXL_20230328_164456619.jpg

It was raining the next day, so more weatherproof Higgins. Chili is a great color.
PXL_20230327_171805550.jpg

The hunt for a pair of Promontory Point football grain boots is finally over.
PXL_20230329_172902526.jpg

Different lighting at different times of the day.
PXL_20230329_172934285.jpg

PXL_20230329_173117754.jpg

Swapped out the stock laces for the beige pair that came with the Higgins football grain.
PXL_20230329_173207801.jpg

I wasn't aware that this extremely thick leather was unlined, I love it.
PXL_20230329_203848883.jpg

@Vincent George You're a saint for giving all of these aging orphaned Macneils a new lease on life. You've inspired me to do the same.

In regards to the current sale, I have an abundance of collector's points that expire in three days and I'm leaning towards one of the following.

Bordeaux Park Avenues - My concern is the ultra-refined euro calf, otherwise I would already own these.
Brown Nubuck Hamilton - It would be my first full nubuck shoe/boot.
Grey Wool Landon - I think these would look amazing if I swapped the laces out.
Snuff/Brown Landon - Can't get enough of snuff.

All of these, except the Hamilton, were the same price before the sale as they are during the sale. I'm leaning towards the wool Landon or nubuck Hamilton, still having a hard time deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads