• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree, but I think these would be mostly casual wear. I'm thinking cords and a cardigan in the fall time kind of vibes.
Slam dunk commando then.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost time to pack these away until the fall, as they're one of the few pairs don't make my warm-weather boot rotation. Figured I'd give them one more day in the sun, since there might be some snow they need to deal with later on.

IMG_6630.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Non-AE, but I want some opinions on this...

I want to get more pairs with rubber soles, but JFP is doing a free MTO weekend. I want these button boots, but I don't know whether I should do brown Dainite or brown commando on these. What do you guys think? I'd really like to think a commando sole would say something like "English countryside" or something.

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-28-september-2018-0325_1800x1347.jpg
I think that Last is too sleek for commando. Plus, it’s less comfortable!

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for an all day walking shoe. Some items are not in my wheelhouse such as desert boots with crepe soles (too springy for me). My use of AE’s declined dramatically the last few years due to Covid, but I love their double sole on various styles.

One of my favorite pairs to wear has been a variation of the Dellwood split toe derby boot with a Vibram lug half sole. These gotta be 20 years old and still going strong.

What about the Wilbert? Appreciate your thoughts on this model.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for an all day walking shoe. Some items are not in my wheelhouse such as desert boots with crepe soles (too springy for me). My use of AE’s declined dramatically the last few years due to Covid, but I love their double sole on various styles.

One of my favorite pairs to wear has been a variation of the Dellwood split toe derby boot with a Vibram lug half sole. These gotta be 20 years old and still going strong.

What about the Wilbert? Appreciate your thoughts on this model.

The Wilbert is often seen as a geezer’s shoe, but every single person who owns one swears by the comfort of them. I’d eventually like to get a pair.

c0de

Reaction score
I have a pair of Lake Forrest loafers that I love, I got them as factory seconds few years ago. they just developed holes in the soles on both shoes. I was thinking of sending it to be recrafted, but not sure what to expect. Is it even worth it given that those were factory seconds?!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of Lake Forrest loafers that I love, I got them as factory seconds few years ago. they just developed holes in the soles on both shoes. I was thinking of sending it to be recrafted, but not sure what to expect. Is it even worth it given that those were factory seconds?!
More worth it.

natealmeida

Reaction score
Yes. They are moving down the street from their old Newbury St. (think “high end stores”) location. New build out. (State St., my home store, will remain where it is.)
I wonder if that will improve the stock situation at the Newbury St. location. I was there a week or two ago and they didn't have any of the models I was interested in my size and hadn't stocked the Leeds at all.

Baybombers

Reaction score
Almost time to pack these away until the fall, as they're one of the few pairs don't make my warm-weather boot rotation. Figured I'd give them one more day in the sun, since there might be some snow they need to deal with later on.

View attachment 1925519
We may get 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow so I am sure I’ll be wearing mine.

Geoff928

Reaction score
Shoes from this work week, a new-to-me grail belt, a letter from my favorite store and some thoughts on the upcoming sale.

Snuff suede Strandmoks on a cloudy yet sunny day. These might be one of my most versatile shoes. The snuff color goes with just about anything.
PXL_20230323_154354494.jpg

PXL_20230323_154401931.jpg

Swapped the laces again on these denim Strandmoks. I think these work better than the very light tan laces I had on them before, but I think a better match can still be found.
PXL_20230322_183645955.jpg

PXL_20230322_183641301.jpg

We all love the exotic colors of shell, but brown shell should not be slept on.
PXL_20230324_184043168.jpg

PXL_20230324_184049509.jpg

Color #8 Cambridges on a horridly hot day.
PXL_20230324_185238412.jpg

Woolymoks for today. I regret not buying the other colors when they were available, will not make that mistake again. The same goes for the weave shoes.
PXL_20230323_213928728.jpg

PXL_20230323_213934748.jpg

I snagged an AE black hornback crocodile belt from ebay for a great price. Not sure when I will get a chance to wear a belt like this. The brown would have been my first choice, but for a discontinued item, I can't complain.
PXL_20230324_191331210.jpg

Have I said how great the people at State Street are lately? Of course I have, they're the best. Double points as well as the standard April sale, basically an extra $20 off every $150 spent.
PXL_20230324_191506647.jpg

What is everyone eyeing for the upcoming sale? I'm thinking the bordeaux Park Avenue, another Strand/Strandmok or maybe a mixed media Landon. Wish I knew what size I'd wear with the Randolph, loafers are a weird fit for me. Knowing what size Randolph works would open up a plethora of options. I'd like the new white Strandmok too, but I know I can get it cheaper if I wait for November.

The artistry of shoe making:
Amazing! Vicariously awaiting the finished product. I stared at the cutout picture for almost five minutes trying to think of how these shoes are going to look finished.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You were my inspiration for snagging these Moks! When they came out, they didn't do much for me. Plus, I already struggle to pair my bluish-grey sueded Hamiltons. But when I saw your lace swap, I changed my mind.

Please keep the pics coming! Seeing additional shoe-pant combos will help me reach for them more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics