• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair... The 1st gen Cayenne was an abomination.
I'd agree with that on the looks department but there is no discounting that is gave Porsche much needed $$$ to continue business.
Some of these sneakers have uppers that are beginning to look less gym or sports related, now more extreme casual, but the white leather minimalist ones are classic gym shoes as that's what gym shoes used to look like.
And we used to wear suits to go on an airplane or to the movies, times change. While I prefer the more classic styles I don't begrudge AE adapting to stay solvent as long as they continue making dress shoes.

Although for me I have more than enough dress shoes to last the rest of my life. At this point the only way I'd buy much more AE is if they partnered with Dainese, Alpinestars, Rev'it or a similar brand and made real motorcycle boots that I could wear to the office. There are some moto brands that do but they don't fit me. Right now I keep a few pairs of shoes at the office to change in to.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd agree with that on the looks department but there is no discounting that is gave Porsche much needed $$$ to continue business.

Oh for sure. They make more money selling Cayannes and Macans than their actual sports cars, and the performance on those two vehicles are still amazingly impressive for what they are. It is a good analogy though. Gotta sell some Strand sneakers to help float the St. Johns of the lineup.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Patton for some yard work.
072895A6-F3D2-41BC-A8F1-2522345F9BEC.jpeg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else (in Mass. or anywhere for that matter) getting bombarded by emails from "Jasmine" this week? I didn't reply and she emailed again (twice) today. lol.

invite.jpg
invite 2.jpg
invite 2.jpg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We will agree to disagree.

View attachment 1923255 View attachment 1923257

I find these distinctly different and for different purposes.

Light ribbing is the intent here but you remind me of the Porsche guys who went on about the Cayenne being built and how it would ruin the purity of the 911. When it provided Porsche with significant income to produce even more 911 variants along with "sneakers"

And we used to wear suits to go on an airplane or to the movies, times change. While I prefer the more classic styles I don't begrudge AE adapting to stay solvent as long as they continue making dress shoes.

Although for me I have more than enough dress shoes to last the rest of my life. At this point the only way I'd buy much more AE is if they partnered with Dainese, Alpinestars, Rev'it or a similar brand and made real motorcycle boots that I could wear to the office. There are some moto brands that do but they don't fit me. Right now I keep a few pairs of shoes at the office to change in to.

No, and I mean, I understand that times change. But at the same time, when I see white minimalist sneakers, I'm like: middle school girl gym shoes.

I think generally speaking, sneakers will always have an athletic/sporty look to them as that...is why you wear them. You wear them when you want to at least do a lot of walking in a casual setting, or if you are going to play sports. Otherwise, why not wear dress shoes or boots or something?

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Felt like a good day for the OG brown kudu Normandy boots. Super-comfortable and full of unlined roominess. While I'm sorry I missed out on the better soles on later versions of this and the Caen, there's really very little to gripe about these boots for everyday casual wear in the spring through fall seasons.

IMG_6628.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads