• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a ton I like about these tan saddle Gobi chukkas. The leather is thick and ready for a beating. The volume is off the charts. Heck, even the Dainite sole works on these (although I'd prefer a v-tread). The only major change I'd like on it is 3 eyelets instead of 2. Just having that one extra pair of eyelets for fit adjustments makes a huge difference.

IMG_6527.jpg

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Friends,

I've been scarce around here recently, as my teenagers would say: "work is eating me". I have, however, been wearing excellent shoes in support of my body and overall sense of well being. Chili Landons today, which appear to have a date with a horsehair brush in their near future.

Landon_Chili_5_25.jpg

Geoff928

Reaction score
Pictures and some news.

I think these are the only 'denim' shoes that I need. I really love the idea of the limited edition denim shoes, but they just aren't for me. I hope AE continues to put out similar events, the chances of hooking a fish are greater the more times you cast a line.
PXL_20230208_190752336.jpg

The Bob Ross socks work with such a casual shoe.
PXL_20230208_190725617.jpg

Yesterday I wore the blue Freeports again. The weird reddish spot is just a reflection, freaked me out a little when I first saw this picture.
PXL_20230207_180310522.jpg

Today I'm wearing brown shell Strands.
PXL_20230208_144020809.jpg

PXL_20230208_144045624.jpg

I received an e-mail from the absolutely wonderful people who work at State Street in Boston. On February 15th another limited drop is coming out. Randolphs and Courtsides with weave. These will be available in Walnut, black, and brown (maybe chili, hard to tell). I like the Randolph with the leather sole.
ae.png

Wont be joining this limited edition run either as I have no idea what size I wear in the Randolph. I've been drooling at the pictures of everyone's Randolphs all year … I really need to get my size right before I take the plunge in a new last. Last year, I purchased a Macneil without trying it on first and I'm happy with the results. Loafers, which I love, are a different story and much harder to get the correct fit.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I saw the photos for the weaves earlier this week, and the Randolph sneaker weave is walnut is actually killer. Shame it doesn’t fit my feet.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pictures and some news.

I think these are the only 'denim' shoes that I need. I really love the idea of the limited edition denim shoes, but they just aren't for me. I hope AE continues to put out similar events, the chances of hooking a fish are greater the more times you cast a line.
View attachment 1891973

The Bob Ross socks work with such a casual shoe.
View attachment 1891981

Yesterday I wore the blue Freeports again. The weird reddish spot is just a reflection, freaked me out a little when I first saw this picture.
View attachment 1891983

Today I'm wearing brown shell Strands.
View attachment 1891987

View attachment 1891991

I received an e-mail from the absolutely wonderful people who work at State Street in Boston. On February 15th another limited drop is coming out. Randolphs and Courtsides with weave. These will be available in Walnut, black, and brown (maybe chili, hard to tell). I like the Randolph with the leather sole.
View attachment 1891995
Wont be joining this limited edition run either as I have no idea what size I wear in the Randolph. I've been drooling at the pictures of everyone's Randolphs all year … I really need to get my size right before I take the plunge in a new last. Last year, I purchased a Macneil without trying it on first and I'm happy with the results. Loafers, which I love, are a different story and much harder to get the correct fit.
Randolph has my attention.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My question regarding the Denim Strand issue is this question:

Who is AE trying to appeal to with this kind of piece?

Because it strikes me that AE really doesn't have a sufficient marketing department to have gotten credibility with the younger crowd as an option for dress shoes. Simply put, I have never seen an Allen Edmonds ad ever in print, and the only reason I see Allen Edmond ads at all is probably because the algorithms for the ads already know I buy Allen Edmonds shoes.

Also, they are a dress shoe company. Why are you trying to introduce your shoes to the bohemian, artsy crowd? Do you think they are really the type of person who is going to fall in love with your dress shoe options? Or do you think the future is in bohemian shoes and people want casual crazy stuff now and nothing formal?

I don't know, it seems like there's no market here.

Like who exactly is going to think "cool, Allen Edmonds will let me live my wild bohemian lifestyle with denim brogues?"

If they are going to go do that, why are they even keeping it an affordable price point? Why not go the way of Yeezy and sell crazy shoes for 1000+ dollars to Instagram influencers and celebs and the like?

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New AE spokesman/model?

13santos-staff1-tpkh-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg

And wouldn't it be great if this clown actually kills off this despicable trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads