• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where I am from rubbers go on your feet and prophylactics go on your member.
It’s all fun and games until!
6FA60D50-398E-4603-9A8A-93EC61B3CD50.jpeg

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got these back from AE a few weeks back. The finish is much better on them now, but they look a bit weird to me. It’s like all of the rolls that started to form are really dark. I think after a few more wears, they’ll even out and be great though. I will take natural light pictures at some point.

2FEDF2D4-67B8-4DA9-9570-F6D8594C4253.jpeg

Rithrin

Reaction score
Black Landsharks = Best Landsharks. Prove me wrong. Just love black and khaki together in an outfit.

PXL_20230128_225128771.jpg

Since I was planning on walking around for over four hours today, wore Brogue Suede Strands which have Danite soles so they are good shoes for walking around.

View attachment 1883112

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, still staying at a hotel since the tree came through the ceiling so wear the same things over and over. Didn't think the repairs would take this long. The tree came through the ceiling a week ago.

View attachment 1883119

For fans of beach pictures in shoe threads, not many people on Santa Monica Beach south of Santa Monica Pier today. There was an earthquake at 2:00am this morning but (as you can see) the beach wasn't damaged.

View attachment 1883126

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, went to The Misfit in Santa Monica for lunch today. Had a Crispy Chicken Sandwich. Happy Hour at The Misfit is from 12:00noon to 7:00pm. I am sure I was holding the wine glass straight before drinking most of my 50% off glass of wine. When you are walking back to the hotel you can even have two glasses of wine. May still be a little shaken up from the tree coming though the ceiling and some of the rubble landing on me.

View attachment 1883133

On the off chance anyone wants to see more pictures inside The Misfit, here they are.

View attachment 1883134

It's a very big place.

View attachment 1883135

The bar area.

View attachment 1883136

The host was a boy and looked something like my friend Alex but he dressed much differently than Alex does.

View attachment 1883137

Not sure why I though this was the funniest thing I had seen in a long time.
Now THAT is a burger! Santa Monica was my old stomping grounds - went to St. Monica's school and hung out at the pier all the time. Every time I see one of your posts I end up with another restaurant put on a list to visit.

You got it. The Burrito mojado and Burrito suizo are so close that they are used interchangeably. My favorite is the Burrito suizo followed by the Burrito mojado. I can tolerate a Swiss Burrito but can’t make myself order a Wet Burrito. My wife thought that I was literally crazy in a restaurant in Indiana that had the Wet Burrito on the menu and I told her that in English the sound of it is so disgusting to me that I can’t order it.
It's always funny how important the description of a dish is. Sometimes you can love a dish when they use the original name, and hate it when they use an English description. Sometimes it's vice versa.

Some friends and I went to a restaurant and tried to convince me to order the "Pupu platter", which no one seemed to understand why I hated the name. I get that it's just another word for things like tapas and "small dishes", but you have to consider the connotations of homophones. They still didn't get it.

So I drove the point home by telling the waiter I wanted their pupu all over my platter. They may not invite me to restaurants again.

Hey guys. Letting you know I will no longer be posting as AE_Lauren on Style Forum going forward. You all do such a good job helping and educating each other, it feels like the dollars we're putting toward affiliate vendor status and my ability to post here could be better used to support more limited-runs and in-store events.

I will continue to post over on the Facebook group - so if you haven't already joined, I urge you to do that ASAP. I'll be announcing our next Limited Drop very soon 🙂.

You can always reach me via email if you ever have questions, want some insight or would like to share an idea: [email protected]

I'm sad to be leaving SF, but I promise I'll be lurking behind the scenes. Keeping an finger on the pulse of this group will always be a priority of ours at AE. It's been so fun interacting with you all, and I want to say THANK YOU for allowing me to be here.

Cheers to you, and I'll see you over on Facebook!

❤AE_Lauren
Oof! Saw this post and earlier today I had dropped my shoe polish box and broke a bunch of glass containers - coincidence?

Sorry to see you go, as others have said it's great to see your posts around here!

This hit me harder than any rumors of price hikes, if for no other reason than the FB group is a pain to keep up to date on. Tone and personalities of the group aside, there's so many random posts and no real way to set alerts for specific kinds of posts. I'm worried that there will be some important announcement and it'll just fly past unnoticed, whereas here on SF it's hard to miss!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Landsharks = Best Landsharks. Prove me wrong. Just love black and khaki together in an outfit.

View attachment 1884318

Now THAT is a burger! Santa Monica was my old stomping grounds - went to St. Monica's school and hung out at the pier all the time. Every time I see one of your posts I end up with another restaurant put on a list to visit.

It's always funny how important the description of a dish is. Sometimes you can love a dish when they use the original name, and hate it when they use an English description. Sometimes it's vice versa.

Some friends and I went to a restaurant and tried to convince me to order the "Pupu platter", which no one seemed to understand why I hated the name. I get that it's just another word for things like tapas and "small dishes", but you have to consider the connotations of homophones. They still didn't get it.

So I drove the point home by telling the waiter I wanted their pupu all over my platter. They may not invite me to restaurants again.

Oof! Saw this post and earlier today I had dropped my shoe polish box and broke a bunch of glass containers - coincidence?

Sorry to see you go, as others have said it's great to see your posts around here!

This hit me harder than any rumors of price hikes, if for no other reason than the FB group is a pain to keep up to date on. Tone and personalities of the group aside, there's so many random posts and no real way to set alerts for specific kinds of posts. I'm worried that there will be some important announcement and it'll just fly past unnoticed, whereas here on SF it's hard to miss!

They generally pin most of the official announcements for what it’s worth.

It would be mega cool if AE did a small GMTO for SF before they leave us for good.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you SO much. I feel the same about you guys. Please don't take this change as a negative, although it might seem that way.

My position as your Insider isn't going away completely, I'm still going to be posting on Facebook. The brand is not hurting, and you don't need to be concerned. We're trying to be smart and efficient with where we put our dollars. All of you are so important to the brand, so if you could do me a solid and head over to Facebook - I would REALLY appreciate it. 💖

I joined the FB group some years back and posted a few killer pairs because I thought they might like to see them. I was blasted by one member because he did not like the crease of my slacks. That was enough for me to not return.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I joined the FB group some years back and posted a few killer pairs because I thought they might like to see them. I was blasted by one member because he did not like the crease of my slacks. That was enough for me to not return.
At least they didn't blast the crease on your shoes ;)

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those that don't want to visit Facebook (like me), remember that there's also a reddit group that can update us all on trunk show stuff. I don't often post on the reddit page, but I found it's a lot more enjoyable there than the Facebook group.
I'm going to need to rely on the kind folks here to relay messages from these other platforms.

g e

Reaction score
Navy Neumoks with Ondo socks

I am sincerely happy for those with positive TS experiences. Sometimes it takes a bad experience to appreciate when the stars align.

2023 - I am just looking forward to the RDA sales and maybe picking up a few belts.

plYyGOcl.jpg

I have a pair of these and love ‘em!
Got them from that auction site and they look new.

wore them to a niece’s wedding last year and to a brother in law’s Senatorial swearing in earlier this month.

super comfortable too.

Shoe Martian

Reaction score
Hamiltons, Parks, and Randolphs the past few days.

7A3F68FC-E80A-418F-9F61-AC76CCE20ABC.jpeg

08501131-45AE-4AC8-BE3C-E9E74DA99763.jpeg

EA80B757-6398-4FC5-9B12-4EA3200EBDF7.jpeg
B1EF6CFC-16DD-4B6D-9C65-74E87991E6A5.jpeg

Shame about the affiliate stuff, way to tell your brand fanatics they are unimportant 😏. Facebook is a cesspool. I think @Shoenut‘s comment about the bubbling acetone finish on the Ultra, Uber, Ultimate, EuroTrash calf skin was the last straw and we had to be cancelled 😂. So be it, I will not fray into the Meta-verse.

g e

Reaction score
Wear them to my barn and help me shovel horse manure.
I promise they will lose some of that polish look...

pig sh*t works even faster and imparts an effervescent aroma.

true tales from my youth. Sans AE shoes….

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hamiltons, Parks, and Randolphs the past few days.

View attachment 1884715
View attachment 1884716
View attachment 1884717 View attachment 1884718

Shame about the affiliate stuff, way to tell your brand fanatics they are unimportant 😏. Facebook is a cesspool. I think @Shoenut‘s comment about the bubbling acetone finish on the Ultra, Uber, Ultimate, EuroTrash calf skin was the last straw and we had to be cancelled 😂. So be it, I will not fray into the Meta-verse.

I have a feeling that the discontent in recent months played a factor.

The disastrous trunk show, the questionable leathers, etc, were being pointed out a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads