• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Shop the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a Black Friday purchase, but certainly one that I'm really excited for! UV Strands incoming!
1000008445.png

With the weather cooperating, took this opportunity to snap some pics of my Denim Higgins Mill boots that came in last week. These have the gold sticker since the Double JR soles make them SMU. Disappointed that these did not come with the light colored contrasting laces, but will be swapping the flat laces for round laces, anyways.
1000008446.jpg

1000008447.jpg

1000008448.jpg

1000008449.jpg

1000008450.jpg

1000008451.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AE seems to call me to the Black Friday sale even when I am in Mexico.
IMG_7872.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a Black Friday purchase, but certainly one that I'm really excited for! UV Strands incoming!
View attachment 2075889

With the weather cooperating, took this opportunity to snap some pics of my Denim Higgins Mill boots that came in last week. These have the gold sticker since the Double JR soles make them SMU. Disappointed that these did not come with the light colored contrasting laces, but will be swapping the flat laces for round laces, anyways.
View attachment 2075891
View attachment 2075893
View attachment 2075895
View attachment 2075897
View attachment 2075899
View attachment 2075901
They should have included the beige laces, but at least your order looks perfect otherwise. If you reach out to AE, they might send a pair to you. They used to do that in the past when we had the wonderful Ashley and Jason. I'm not sure if they still do this though.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should have included the beige laces, but at least your order looks perfect otherwise. If you reach out to AE, they might send a pair to you. They used to do that in the past when we had the wonderful Ashley and Jason. I'm not sure if they still do this though.
I plan on ordering some Laccico round waxed laces to swap in, anyways.

Harwid

Reaction score
They should have included the beige laces, but at least your order looks perfect otherwise. …

If AE included beige laces my guess is more people would be upset.

I had a fairly similar trunk show order - UV Strands and green HM. The HM came with brown laces. I ordered 4 pair of laces. Since the boots will only be worn with jeans I am trying out the round green/natural for a little more fun look.

Jeff

IMG_1699.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's true, Harwid. However, I wasn't suggesting that they should add beige laces for the green shell. Beige laces tend to work better on blues and natural shell, so they would have been a great choice for denim or navy shell. Bottle green shell is really hard to to pair with anything other than brown laces.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If AE included beige laces my guess is more people would be upset.

I had a fairly similar trunk show order - UV Strands and green HM. The HM came with brown laces. I ordered 4 pair of laces. Since the boots will only be worn with jeans I am trying out the round green/natural for a little more fun look.

Jeff

View attachment 2076449
The reason I was expecting the light beige colored laces was because those were the laces that were featured with the boots on their website.
1000008104.png

Harwid

Reaction score
That's true, Harwid. However, I wasn't suggesting that they should add beige laces for the green shell. Beige laces tend to work better on blues and natural shell, so they would have been a great choice for denim or navy shell. Bottle green shell is really hard to to pair with anything other than brown laces.

I was commenting on the beige laces on the Denim.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockman