• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 2013 Styleforvm Christmas Beer-it-Forward Thread of Epicly Awesome Chris Chringle Spirit

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh man...they didn't pick up my package...so much for shipping the beer while it was cold (though the fresh stuff should survive).

I didn't think that our normal pickup in the office was for ground (thought it was express only), but I asked the secretary and she said they would take it. Turns out they didn't take it and I should have walked it over to the kinkos....which is just around the corner and I would have been happy to do if she hadn't told me that the package would be OK to leave.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh man...they didn't pick up my package...so much for shipping the beer while it was cold (though the fresh stuff should survive).

I didn't think that our normal pickup in the office was for ground (thought it was express only), but I asked the secretary and she said they would take it. Turns out they didn't take it and I should have walked it over to the kinkos....which is just around the corner and I would have been happy to do if she hadn't told me that the package would be OK to leave.

i hope her annual bonus hasn't been finalized yet

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, FYI--If my person hasn't shipped their gift yet, it is going to my office so you can save the $2.80 or whatever it is that FedEx charges for residential delivery.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wut!?

You must be shipping it really far. Could give UPS a try...they are always more expensive for me...but I think that is location dependent as some people are convinced that UPS ground is cheaper.

alexg

Reaction score
I think Fedex came out to be cheaper last time I checked for shipping beer. I'm pretty busy this week, I'm going to be shipping right at the deadline probably.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was $.50 cheaper via fedex. Lol. And yes, shipping about as far as possible conus.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't have receipt with me here at work and can't remember. Was 3 x 22oz and 4 x 12oz, I think... Could have been 2 and 4, which obviously makes a difference. I kept switching **** around.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I arrived home from work and saw an Amazon box sitting by the garage...which was a bit strange because I knew that our (pretty much daily) Amazon/UPS delivery had arrived. My wife called to tell me that a fellow forumite had sent me the following:

Well played sir...

Upon closer inspection I saw that it was a re-purposed Amazon box, sealed up like Ft. Knox. I picked it up and could tell there was liquid inside and became giddy like a school girl. I almost feel bad posting this, being the first recipient, because my SS hooked it up so awesomely that everyone else is going to be disappointed. On the other hand, it could set a good bar for those who haven't shipped yet. :slayer:

Very, very stoked at the selection; particularly considering distribution here. The unlabeled bottle is a homebrew, which is legit in my book. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling too well so won't be able to partake immediately, but you bet your ass that if I'm up to at least 70% on Sunday I'm going to start sampling.

Big thanks to my SS and happy holidays.

Last edited:

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Are we guessing? Or telling people who we got straight up? I would guess thats OTC from the revbrew/surly. Do I win a 4pk of Abrasive?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads