• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 2013 Styleforvm Christmas Beer-it-Forward Thread of Epicly Awesome Chris Chringle Spirit

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Apologies for not keeping up on this thread (and for shipping kinda late :hide: )

Huge thanks to my secret santa (multiples not pictured):

Schlafly Winter ESB
Schlafly Pale Ale
Schlafly Dry Hopped APA
Schlafly Oatmeal Stout
Schlafly Coffee Stout x2
Bell's Expedition Stout x2
Bell's Double Cream Stout
Three Floyds Alpha King x2
Three Floyds Pride & Joy x2
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout x4 :bounce2:

Also, a Mike's Hard Strawberry Lemonade, which I'm trying to goad my GF into drinking. :laugh:

I'm especially stoked about the Goose Island Bourbon County. I've never tried it, and at 14.9% it's a blackout in a bottle if I've ever seen one.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also spy a breakfast stout. I forget who sent the package but great job

alexg

Reaction score

The result of shipment attempt number one. This has never happened to me before, I'm at a loss.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's crazy. Was it broken or something? Otherwise why would they open the box?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the last box has finally arrived (mine). Alexg was incredibly generous. Box weighed apparently 28 pounds and shipped from texas I can't imagine how bad the shipping costs were. Next time I think I (or whoever wants to do this next) will ask if you want somebody cross country
New Republic Astrolabe (Sour aged in wine barrels) Argus Cidery Lady Goldsmith Saint Arnold Endeavour IPA Karbach Brewing Hell Fighter Imperial Porter Jester King Censored (Saison) Jester King Noble King (Hopped Farmhouse) Boulevard Reboot White IPA Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad New Republic Windlass As a recap of everything
So I arrived home from work and saw an Amazon box sitting by the garage...which was a bit strange because I knew that our (pretty much daily) Amazon/UPS delivery had arrived. My wife called to tell me that a fellow forumite had sent me the following:
Well played sir... Upon closer inspection I saw that it was a re-purposed Amazon box, sealed up like Ft. Knox. I picked it up and could tell there was liquid inside and became giddy like a school girl. I almost feel bad posting this, being the first recipient, because my SS hooked it up so awesomely that everyone else is going to be disappointed. On the other hand, it could set a good bar for those who haven't shipped yet. :slayer:
Very, very stoked at the selection; particularly considering distribution here. The unlabeled bottle is a homebrew, which is legit in my book. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling too well so won't be able to partake immediately, but you bet your ass that if I'm up to at least 70% on Sunday I'm going to start sampling. Big thanks to my SS and happy holidays.
Shipped. My porch got ROCKED from MA today. Saw all the Wachusett stuff first. Was all like oh sweet I've never heard of these guys. Then I saw the anchor and was like oh sweet I've always wanted to try that. Was super excited about the sixpoint stuff too. Then I saw the bouncy house and got a chub because I love smuttynose. Then I saw the kiwi rising and got a full on boner. Then I saw the heady topper and ******** exploded. ******* AWESOME box. Thank you so much!
Sup guys. Got a package here from ocooney
Never heard of any of this stuff (which is good, since I pay zero attention to beers that I can't find within walking distance of my house). Pretty exciting to unwrap. Thanks man! I'm guessing I don't have much time to wait on those growlers? How soon do I have to open and drink them?
And mine just showed up at the front door:
Pretty excited to give them a shot while the in-laws are in town. Thanks!
^^ Woot! Just unpacked it. Hella' stoked!!! Thank you so much. Never had one of these and all look fantastic.
It made it!! dunno what the **** they are saying was damaged the box was packed perfectly. 2x Loose Cannon ipa by heavy seas - available in MA, but very solid Sculpin in back, Merveilleux (**** YEAH) in front 2x Terrapin Wake n Bake and 2x Terrapin Moo Hoo - never had either looking forward to it 2x Two Hearted - another super solid IPA, can't get in MA thanks a lot JohnGalt!
Looking forward to enjoying this, now which one of you was it?
4x founders breakfest stouts Berkshire Russian imperial stout Trillium pot kettle 7.5% Maine beer company "mean old tom" vanilla.
Just got this awesome package today. B. Nektar Zombie Killer, FFF Alpha King, Brewery Vivant Farm Hand and Triomphe, Griffin Claw El Rojo and Norm's Raggedy Ass, and Jolly Pumpkin La Roja. Really looking forward to trying all of it, I've wanted to try the B. Nektar and Alpha King for a while, I love everything from Jolly Pumpkin and can't find it here, and I've never even heard of Vivant or Griffin Claw so those should be interesting. Thanks a lot to my sender.
Got my package last night! Big thanks to my secret santa.
Had the drake's jolly rodger last night- it was delicious!
My package. The Brooklyn Stout was a 6 pack. Awesome. Awesome box. Thank you, sender
Oh ****. This makes it even cooler. Upon closer inspection I realized the 6 Brooklyn Chocolate stouts is actually a vertical from 08-13.
Apologies for not keeping up on this thread (and for shipping kinda late :hide: ) Huge thanks to my secret santa (multiples not pictured):
Schlafly Winter ESB Schlafly Pale Ale Schlafly Dry Hopped APA Schlafly Oatmeal Stout Schlafly Coffee Stout x2 Bell's Expedition Stout x2 Bell's Double Cream Stout Three Floyds Alpha King x2 Three Floyds Pride & Joy x2 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout x4 :bounce2: Also, a Mike's Hard Strawberry Lemonade, which I'm trying to goad my GF into drinking. :laugh: I'm especially stoked about the Goose Island Bourbon County. I've never tried it, and at 14.9% it's a blackout in a bottle if I've ever seen one.
I think omniscient cause is the only that didn't post a picture but he said in the official beer thread that he got his package and was very happy with it Overall
I hope everybody had fun. Let's do it again this christmas!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics