• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 2006 Styleforum Oscar© game:

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are frickin' hilarious. This thread's got me rollin.'
crackup[1].gif
rotflmao.gif
laugh.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
I only got these ones right:

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Alan Arkin, "Little Miss Sunshine"

BEST DIRECTOR
Martin Scorsese, "The Departed"

BEST ANIMATED FILM
"Happy Feet"

BEST ART DIRECTION
"Pan's Labyrinth," Art Direction: Eugenio Caballero; Set Decoration: Pilar Revuelta

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
"Pan's Labyrinth," Guillermo Navarro

BEST MAKEUP
"Pan's Labyrinth," David Marti and Montse Ribe

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," John Knoll, Hal Hickel, Charles Gibson and Allen Hall

I got jipped! Ryan Grosling should have received best actor. It's a shame, but what can you do when no one's seen the movie?

swisloc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
It's a shame, but what can you do when no one's seen the movie?

this is the single biggest reason why the oscars are lacking. academy voters recieve DVD copies of each film/performance nominated for their private viewing to prepare to vote on the awards. there was an article in some paper last year about how a lot of the older, more conservative academy members (of which there are many) didn't even watch Brokeback Mountain because of the "controversial" content. as a result, the film, which many critics felt was clearly the best out of the five finalists, had no chance of winning. I feel like this probably happens even more frequently in the acting categories. someone gets cast as the frontrunner, and no one even watches the other films...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bradford - 10 correct Tokyo Slim - 8 correct BrianSD - 7 correct J - Time to kick Steve Jobs in the balls. Alright Bradford... you want a new avatar? Whats it gonna be?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Woo hoo!!! And to think you all doubted my choice of The Departed as the Best Picture! It may not be to everyone's taste, but it is the type of film and director that the Academy tends to like.

Tokyo - I'm debating which celebrity to choose. I'll shoot you a PM when I decide who my new avatar should feature.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Woo hoo!!! And to think you all doubted my choice of The Departed as the Best Picture! It may not be to everyone's taste, but it is the type of film and director that the Academy tends to like.

Tokyo - I'm debating which celebrity to choose. I'll shoot you a PM when I decide who my new avatar should feature.

Sasha Cohen! Sasha Cohen! Sasha Cohen!

biggrin.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Woo hoo!!! And to think you all doubted my choice of The Departed as the Best Picture! It may not be to everyone's taste, but it is the type of film and director that the Academy tends to like. Tokyo - I'm debating which celebrity to choose. I'll shoot you a PM when I decide who my new avatar should feature.
I eagerly await the choice. Probably going to be a Appreciation star, knowing you.
smile.gif
Oh, and I still don't think The Departed should have won. So I still doubt you.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dub

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bradford, the spoils of your victory await you in PM.

He won by two, so I made him two avatars of the celebrity of his choice.

"Young" Robert Redford.

He may decide to keep them both, or he might keep one and send one to someone else... maybe make them both public domain.
Or maybe he'll use one here and on another forum.

It's up to him.

Sharon_NBS

Reaction score
Here is some of my choices...

BEST DIRECTOR
Clint Eastwood, "Letters From Iwo Jima"

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Michael Arndt, "Little Miss Sunshine"
BEST ANIMATED FILM
"Happy Feet"

BEST ART DIRECTION
"Pan's Labyrinth," Art Direction: Eugenio Caballero; Set Decoration: Pilar Revuelta

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sharon_NBS
Here is some of my choices...

BEST DIRECTOR
Clint Eastwood, "Letters From Iwo Jima"

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Michael Arndt, "Little Miss Sunshine"
BEST ANIMATED FILM
"Happy Feet"

BEST ART DIRECTION

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

Don't you think it's a little late?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads