• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 1st Annual Style Forum Sample Swap Box

youdee

Reaction score
Does the box ever make it to England? I have a ton of new skincare/shaving stuff I never get round to using. The post before this one: joel_954 Does anyone know Master-Classter's phone number?

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After trying to ship this via UPS and not being able to figure out the Customs form, this is finally shipping USPS Priority Mail today. 5 lbs 2 ozs, $25 medium flat rate box to Canada. Damn!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
Does anyone know Master-Classter's phone number?

Aaahh... sorry, I just checked this thread again today. I was wondering what happened with the shipping there... PM me if you need a phone #.

Originally Posted by joel_954
After trying to ship this via UPS and not being able to figure out the Customs form, this is finally shipping USPS Priority Mail today. 5 lbs 2 ozs, $25 medium flat rate box to Canada. Damn!

Hmmm, ok thanks for sending it. I did a quick cost quote and figured it was going to cost about $25 to send back to USA anyway, so I'm not surprised by the cost. In my mind it's like less then $1 to sample each frag, so worth it to me at least.
I've already got a pile of goodies to add, and based on the pics looking forward to smelling some more!

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No worries. I'm glad I got to try Patou Pour Homme. I'm not crazy about it so I'm glad I didn't blind buy a whole bottle. Like Michel Germain's Sexual, I think it smells like pond water.

Chrome is nice tho! I like it better than Curve for Men for my low priced fragrance.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I believe the box is en route from Joel to myself... sent Friday, to Canada, so i'm expecting it around Tuesday or Wed round about, and hope to send it out by Friday, Monday morn at latest.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

The box arrived today... WOW, loads of goodies in there. I'm busy sorting through it all. I will pull a few and drop in a bunch, and send this out asap.

Some notes...
I've tried to organize the box a little with newer better ziplocks. I think so far it's roughly been grouped by person, so i didn't change that much, but I did group together a few of the brands like Bond, Ford, Serge, etc just so they're easier to see the range.
I've also PM'd a few of you guys... mostly just to find out about what was yours, or you want kept of if I can switch a glass bottle to plastic, etc...

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was just about to post here. Yep, so the box went out about middle of last week... I do apologize about the small delay, I had some family over for the weekend and then there was fasting on Monday for the high holidays, etc... so it only shipped about Wed. Also, I was waiting for my empty/decant vials to arrive... Sally is amazing!!! Why, I think you're in for a treat! (I probably loaded in about 40-50 frag samples), and Jinda there's a bunch of shaving stuff in there too (small collection though :-( It'd be great to take some pics when it arrives, I forgot. I probably pulled about 20-25 samples, but nothing from anyone's list (Jinda, sooo tempting to grab that SL miel bois and oriental vetiver... then I checked the list) and nothing overly rare or expensive I reorganized and packed up the box a bit so it's about half the size when I got it with at least the same amount. There wasn't much left of the Live Jazz so I decanted into several 5ml's and overall just rearranged it a bit. I tried to cut down the weight by switching some of the glass bottles to plastic. Shipping was still about $25, and it weights about 5.5-6 lbs... Joel, I mailed out those samples the same day, so they should arrive sometime this week. I used your small box.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got it yesterday. Will pick through it today and send it out tomorrow. Who's next on the list?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Got it yesterday. Will pick through it today and send it out tomorrow. Who's next on the list?

Originally Posted by Rambo
So, since nobody's responded on the travel itinerary I'm setting it up as such:
Thomas - Quevola - MC - Big Pun - Joel - Master Classer - Why - Jinda - Rambo

Jinda's next I believe.
Why - Just curious, anything in particular you've found interesting?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
how's this thing coming along...?

PS - that Guerlain Heritage, was that a EdC, EdP? and roughly what time period formulation?
Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads