That Certain Dri Stuff Works Pretty Well for Perspiration

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by willpower, May 22, 2010.

1. willpower

willpower Senior member

I'm not a huge perspire-er (worse than some, better than many), but I do a lot of walking and it's getting warmer. Been applying the roll-on to my underarms and forehead (hard for me to stop the waterworks once it starts up there) and the results have been impressive. It took three nights of applications before I noticed a difference, but then it really did a great job of stopping the drips. If you suffer from the same, give it a try. The name is appropriate - better be certain your pits are completely dry before you roll the stuff on, otherwise it'll sting. Once it starts working, you only need to reapply once every 2-3 nights.

2. scugger

scugger Senior member

I agree with this. I have been using Certain Dri since high school. Amazing stuff. Revolutionized mu social life.

3. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

I am definitely going to check this out. Does it not wash off in the shower?? and can you pust on a deodorant over this??

4. willpower

willpower Senior member

Doesn't wash off, but you're still supposed to apply it before bedtime so it can work while you're sleeping. You can apply a deodorant over it the following morning. I just took a 2 hour hike and my pits are Sahara dry.

As mentioned, give it three days to do the magic. Also, the roll-on is better than the stick.

5. scugger

scugger Senior member

Yeah, it's pretty awesome being able to go on a long run in the summer and then smell the pits and have it be neutral.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Obvious question: isn't that unhealthy to not let your body perspire? [​IMG]

7. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Obvious question: isn't that unhealthy to not let your body perspire? [​IMG]

Yes. Perspiration cools your body. Abusing this item could lead to heat exhaustion.

8. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I bought some of this today to test it out. Will report back.

9. scugger

scugger Senior member

Your body doesn't perspire out of a few square inches under your pits, but it still perspires out of the 99% of the rest of your body. I don't think this would really affect the heat dissipation of your body as a whole.

I am more worried about the continued exposure to the aluminum chloride in the anti-perspirant. Althought I've heard that link to Alzeheimer's, etc, is bunk or at least too inconclusive to really mean anything.

10. innerstyle

innerstyle Senior member

The effects of aluminum chloride in anti-persperants concern me as well. Using it daily for years on end is a lot of chemicals to expose your body to. I use natural deodorants now.

11. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Is there anything like Certain Dri that only works when you have it on? Ideally, I'd like to be able to work out and sweat like a pig, shower, then walk around without pit stains for the rest of the day. Is there any product that does that? (No, regular anti-perspirant doesn't totally do it for me).

12. jsqfunk

jsqfunk Senior member

and forehead (hard for me to stop the waterworks once it starts up there) and the results have been impressive.

do you apply directly to your forehead and it does not cause some kind of adverse reaction? asking b/c it says to "apply to underarms only"

13. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

I also like one called Odaban. It comes in a little spray bottle. I use it 1-2 times per week.

14. mcs5280

mcs5280 Well-Known Member

I used this stuff a few years back. It gave the skin around my armpits a yellowish tone. Being fairly light skinned, it looked like I had a pit tan. It does work for preventing perspiration though.

15. willpower

willpower Senior member