• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanks for your input guys

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, you have landed yourself in a bit of a pickle. Just do lunch/coffee initially. If you do dinner, there is a good chance that she will want to have a few drinks and it would look awkward if you were sipping on coke the entire night. Do lunch, and go from there. Good luck.

This thread could get interesting...

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Take her out to dinner, make a joke of it and be honest. It's going to come up eventually, it's better to just get it out of the way.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Say you're straight-edge.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with dinner but when I was 18 (about 18 years ago). Taking a girl out to a fancy high end dinner on a first date was a bit much. Dinner in a fun hip resteraunt would be more the way to go. Have fun.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hyppy
So I'm 18 in college I took a class with a girl I think she is 20 or so. I'm pretty sure she likes me so I asked her to go out for drinks. She said that she would love to. My question is I'm not of legal drinking age (she is) so I can't really take her to a bar. Should I ask her for lunch in one of the upscale downtown restaurants or can I just invite her for dinner?

Well, the good news is (at least in canada) that an upscale restaurant probably won't card you if you try to order wine. I remember having champagne at one when i was like 13.
laugh.gif

h4zin

Reaction score
dude youre in college and dont have a fake? how do you survive?

thats awesome she said yes to going out for drinks with you. now make it happen. talk to your friends and figure out where you can get a fake id, fast. a fancy dinner for a first date is definitely a bit much

Pylon

Reaction score
Kudos to you for asking in the first place.

Lunch and coffee are much more casual and comfortable for a "getting you know you" sort of situation, in my opinion. There's too much expectation and preconception about the dinner date. Ask her to grab lunch with you somewhere fun like an outdoor cafÃ
00a9.png
, sushi bar or somewhere where you're comfortable. If you hit it off, you can always move to the nearest coffee shop or Starbucks to continue your conversation - again, another casual environment; not intimidating or awkward.

AgentQ

Reaction score
Have drinks together in your dorm room. Classy.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood
Nothing wrong with dinner but when I was 18 (about 18 years ago). Taking a girl out to a fancy high end dinner on a first date was a bit much. Dinner in a fun hip resteraunt would be more the way to go. Have fun.

depends on his finances.

however, if he was rich, I doubt he would be asking.. oops o_O

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you get a fake ID now, you can use it for almost 3 years.

aak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Say you're straight-edge.

haha.

in all seriousness, just take her out for a nice healthy lunch and coffee!

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do what the gays do: just ask her if she wants to ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads