• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanks for your input guys

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be a dick, but flasks would be appropriate for 18 year olds at rock/punk concerts... not taking a girl out to a coffee shop.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quinnk
Sorry to be a dick, but flasks would be appropriate for 18 year olds at rock/punk concerts... not taking a girl out to a coffee shop.

+1

My 18 year old brother uses a flask to smuggle his alcohol. Not too cool unless you hang out with the High School crowd...

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I occasionally carry a flask (country walk / gig / etc), but would never pull one out on a date. My girlfriend who I have been with for years even thinks my flask is a bit odd and she professes to love me.

+1,000,000 on bottle of wine in the park. Badminton, frisbee, whatever... That said, if the OP is in Canada, I dont think that the parks are very hosipitable right now.

If you go to places where typical teenagers dont drink then its likely you wont get carded if you order some booze. For example a gallery opening, they usually have free wine / bubbly and they wont card you.

K

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did we ever find out how this date went?

Kohan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quinnk

Apology accepted, and I cede that most people really shouldn't try to pull off flasks -- a lesson to me about trying to generalize my experience to everybody else (or at least all SFers).

I'm intrigued about this whole badminton thing though, who here has actually done that (without living in the English countryside)?

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kohan
I'm intrigued about this whole badminton thing though, who here has actually done that (without living in the English countryside)?

I used to be a provincial champion in badminton, but I don't think that's what you were asking. IN any case, to add to M@t, that **** is still fun regardless of where it's being played. Second fastest sport in the world.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you guys are making sweeping generalizations! what if she doesnt have arms how are they supposed to play badminton!?!?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kohan
I'm intrigued about this whole badminton thing though

meh, it's cute, she probably hasnt played it too much before, it is easy to pick up, but everyone basically sucks at it, which makes it fun, equipment is cheap etc etc.

you can sub in lots of games to the same basic effect though...boules perhaps?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
meh, it's cute, she probably hasnt played it too much before, it is easy to pick up, but everyone basically sucks at it, which makes it fun, equipment is cheap etc etc.

you can sub in lots of games to the same basic effect though...boules perhaps?

Then you will have a chance to wear your jaunty beret.

K

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What? Why are we making her play badminton? If she sucks, she may be embarrassed. She will sweat. She will need to shower. This will ruin her hair and make-up. Unless she already plays badminton and would be down to meet up at the gym and then part ways, this is not a good idea. Go bowling.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea go bowling, especially if you suck at it, because then it makes things more fun. unless theyre korean, then dont because shes probably better then you.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
yea go bowling, especially if you suck at it, because then it makes things more fun. unless theyre korean, then dont because shes probably better then you.

If she is Korean it's a guaranteed lay, so you are win-win.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If she's Korean you guys should play Starcraft. She'll love it.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NaTionS
If she's Korean you guys should play Starcraft. She'll love it.

And follow it up with some kim-chi kisses!

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
If she is Korean it's a guaranteed lay, so you are win-win.

really? where did i go wrong?
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads